Bigdog
June 10, 2019, 8:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
As I'm reading it Bigdog has offered support in an area he is experienced in, which the club has been poor at. He's shared this having been accused of doing nothing to help. Now he's having his credentials picked apart by some sycophant as though he's pitching for some massive contract.

Other people have done lots to try to support the club but they all tend to walk away eventually with one apparent constant....

Rodley, I offered my support the day after that infamous Fan's Forum. Even though I was so angry about the treatment of Matt Dean, the dismissal of the Operation Promotion money, shut up, etc. Club before self every time and I was willing to help the club dig themselves out of a deep hole. A couple of days later there was that unapologetic snooker table interview, and a few months after, that secret recording. Like I've said and many others have too, due to the fixed ideology at the club, any new ideas or proposed changes in direction will always be met with a brick wall.. and therefore those people in charge have to stand by and be measured by their record as custodians and be answerable to their paying customers..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 140
Rodley Mariner
June 10, 2019, 8:17pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from Bigdog

Rodley, I offered my support the day after that infamous Fan's Forum. Even though I was so angry about the treatment of Matt Dean, the dismissal of the Operation Promotion money, shut up, etc. Club before self every time and I was willing to help the club dig themselves out of a deep hole. A couple of days later there was that unapologetic snooker table interview, and a few months after, that secret recording. Like I've said and many others have too, due to the fixed ideology at the club, any new ideas or proposed changes in direction will always be met with a brick wall.. and therefore those people in charge have to stand by and be measured by their record as custodians and be answerable to their paying customers..

You can mention that forum, the secret recording, slagging off Operation Promotion, the snooker table interview, continued years of an under performing team and a  complete lack of innovation but I happen to think our PR and marketing has been very good, I just can't be bothered explaining how to you.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 140
KingstonMariner
June 11, 2019, 5:01am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails

How many businesses do you run? What's your area of expertise? What are your skills? What experience do you have? Have you got a proven track record? How successful have you been? Where do you see yourself in 3 years? What exactly can you bring to the table? There is probably a reason or 2 behind why he hasn't accepted your offer but as we don't know anything about you how can we side with you and say that JF is in the wrong for not accepting what you have offered?

flipping hell, the guy’s just proved in one paragraph why he knows what he’s talking about. Why does he need people like you to ask half arsed interview questions. Correction why do we need people like you to ask halfarsed questions questioning his qualities. Are you a member of the club board or closely related to one? You have a very defensive, negative mindset.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 140
KingstonMariner
June 11, 2019, 5:08am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Ha ha! Just read the last two pages of this thread. Fishyfishtails, you have, in the vernacular of the youngsters, been completely owned by Bigdog.  😂

If I were you, I’d stop digging.

If I were John Fenty I’d deny knowing you or having anything to do with you because you are not doing him any favours st all.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 140
dapperz fun pub
June 11, 2019, 8:08am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
The dog is a clever dog without real change of direction how can we possibly move forward
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 140
1mickylyons
June 11, 2019, 9:05am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails

Silence is golden!

Well WTF have Fenty and his cronies delivered that`s been positive in the last 17 years go on name one positive?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 140
1mickylyons
June 11, 2019, 9:12am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

You can mention that forum, the secret recording, slagging off Operation Promotion, the snooker table interview, continued years of an under performing team and a  complete lack of innovation but I happen to think our PR and marketing has been very good, I just can't be bothered explaining how to you.

Genuinely intrigued Rodley as to what you think has been good in terms of PR and even more so marketing it continues to be my biggest gripe?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 140
1mickylyons
June 11, 2019, 9:14am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

Quite a few people came forward and offered help they spent considerable time and effort in doing research in the process passed it onto the Club and...................................................................
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 140
mariner91
June 11, 2019, 10:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,254
Gold Stars: 253
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Genuinely intrigued Rodley as to what you think has been good in terms of PR and even more so marketing it continues to be my biggest gripe?

I could be wrong but I believe his tongue was firmly in his cheek. If it wasn’t, I suspect the men in white coats have already got him.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 140
Rodley Mariner
June 11, 2019, 10:10am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
It was very much tongue in cheek. Effectively what Fishy Fishtails was saying though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 140
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Home Shirt

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.