Bigdog
June 10, 2019, 6:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from billynomates

Cant see  you getting an answer to that to be fair, You will probably find hes a failed businessman who now sells  time shares abroad and spends nothing on the club what so ever,

Watch every match on i-Follow. Last two companies I consulted for..

First, rebuilt online identity and quadrupled web turnover within nine months.. and the other.. after a rebrand, secured them twice as many customers in one year than they had done in total in the previous four years..

So.. how have Town done in the past fifteen years? Charging up the leagues? Infrastructure rebuilt? Digitalised yet? Growing customer base?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 140
Fishy_fishtails
June 10, 2019, 6:54pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Quoted from Bigdog

First, rebuilt online identity and quadrupled web turnover within nine months.. and the other.. after a rebrand, secured them twice as many customers in one year than they had done in total in the previous four years..

So.. how have Town done in the past fifteen years? Charging up the leagues? Infrastructure rebuilt? Digitalised yet? Growing customer base?

So, still not putting anything into the club then? Watching on ifollow leads me to assume you're not uk based anynore. And hardly an impressive cv you've stated you've been a fan 50 or so years so again assuming age range between 55-60 & that's all you've achieved business wise and you want JF to take advice?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 140
lew chaterleys lover
June 10, 2019, 7:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,649
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Bigdog

I don't think it merits an answer Bigdog but fair play for giving one.

This is a fans forum. It is not our job to be questioned on what our abilities are in a hypothetical situation of running the club.

It is to comment on the club and all things connected with it. Most of us give the  club money by supporting it, and many of us have given decades more support than the current custodians.

All the facts show that everything about the Fenty regime has been a failure, on and off the field. It is no good his family members trying to deflect critisism of the club here and elsewhere on social media by retaliating against the fans as it will not wash.

Get a grip, get the club moving forward and give us something to look forward to otherwise 2000 season ticket holders or less will be the result.

Private Message
Reply: 62 - 140
Bigdog
June 10, 2019, 7:10pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails

So, still not putting anything into the club then? Watching on ifollow leads me to assume you're not uk based anynore. And hardly an impressive cv you've stated you've been a fan 50 or so years so again assuming age range between 55-60 & that's all you've achieved business wise and you want JF to take advice?

My long term business, I built from nothing to a 2m turnover. Still.. less of me and you trying to be personal. JF obviously did well out of fish, how's he getting on in football? After all this is a GTFC forum and that is what we talk about on here expressing our own personal opinions about the club's performance and how we think it can improve..

Club earns from my i-Follow subscription, and I've probably gone to at least a thousand or two matches following Town, but of course my opinion or concern doesn't matter, like anyone else who doesn't toe the Fenty line. Slippery slope the club's on, every remaining fan is very precious, and vacuous sheep like you will never grasp that. I want the club to be better than it's been for the past fifteen years, what's wrong with that? Just because it's outside of your darling John's capabilities, doesn't mean it isn't a realistic dream to have..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 140
Fishy_fishtails
June 10, 2019, 7:17pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

My long term business, I built from nothing to a 2m turnover. Still.. less of me and you trying to be personal. JF obviously did well out of fish, how's he getting on in football? After all this is a GTFC forum and that is what we talk about on here expressing our own personal opinions about the club's performance and how we think it can improve..

Club earns from my i-Follow subscription, and I've probably gone to at least a thousand or two matches following Town, but of course my opinion or concern doesn't matter, like anyone else who doesn't toe the Fenty line. Slippery slope the club's on, every remaining fan is very precious, and vacuous sheep like you will never grasp that. I want the club to be better than it's been for the past fifteen years, what's wrong with that? Just because it's outside of your darling John's capabilities, doesn't mean it isn't a realistic dream to have..

I am just genuinely curious to know why you think you are the one that JF needs to take the club forward? It's nothing to do with being one who toes the line I am not a sheep either I can see the good the bad and the ugly in this current regime.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 140
Bigdog
June 10, 2019, 7:20pm
Whiskey Drinker

I am just genuinely curious to know why you think you are the one that JF needs to take the club forward? It's nothing to do with being one who toes the line I am not a sheep either I can see the good the bad and the ugly in this current regime.

Ok.. what's the bad and the ugly in this current regime then? Here's your platform right now..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 140
Stadium
June 10, 2019, 7:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
Would love to know how many threads turn into pro/anti Fenty debates.

Haha couldn't make it up.
No outcome from it at all........

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 140
Fishy_fishtails
June 10, 2019, 7:30pm

Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Bigdog

Ok.. what's the bad and the ugly in this regime then? Here's your platform right now..

I'm not going to post my opinions just so you can pick them apart and read between the lines etc. I was asking you why you feel that JF should have taken you up on your offer. You above anyone else and what credentials you had that the club needs that he is missing out on by not accepting your offer. You replied with a few lines but that didn't make me think Oh wow this guy really knows what he's doing JF is missing a trick here. Bigdog is right, JF really should take him up on it. As for The good the bad and the ugly, it's saying, please don't take it literally.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 140
Bigdog
June 10, 2019, 7:40pm
Whiskey Drinker

I'm not going to post my opinions just so you can pick them apart and read between the lines etc. I was asking you why you feel that JF should have taken you up on your offer. You above anyone else and what credentials you had that the club needs that he is missing out on by not accepting your offer. You replied with a few lines but that didn't make me think Oh wow this guy really knows what he's doing JF is missing a trick here. Bigdog is right, JF really should take him up on it. As for The good the bad and the ugly, it's saying, please don't take it literally.

Well.. in fairness, you shouldn't really be picking apart other people then..

I've been more than patient and open with you tonight defending myself when I really shouldn't have to. Let's give it a rest for now...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 140
Rodley Mariner
June 10, 2019, 7:52pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
As I'm reading it Bigdog has offered support in an area he is experienced in, which the club has been poor at. He's shared this having been accused of doing nothing to help. Now he's having his credentials picked apart by some sycophant as though he's pitching for some massive contract.

Other people have done lots to try to support the club but they all tend to walk away eventually with one apparent constant....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 140
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Home Shirt

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.