15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Bigdog
June 9, 2019, 11:14am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Jesus Christ, all this fannnying around for a kit launch that the same three thousand fans are going to buy. Sneak peeks etc aren't going to make a blind bit of difference to the eventual sales numbers, the complete design of the kits may do, ie like the pink kit two seasons ago. Just launch the damn things and get them sold..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 140
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 9, 2019, 11:21am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,815
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Meza

No.  You lose trust with that individual.  Let's not tarnish everyone eh.

Usually we loose trust on here!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 140
pen penfras
June 10, 2019, 10:11am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Bigdog
Jesus Christ, all this fannnying around for a kit launch that the same three thousand fans are going to buy. Sneak peeks etc aren't going to make a blind bit of difference to the eventual sales numbers, the complete design of the kits may do, ie like the pink kit two seasons ago. Just launch the damn things and get them sold..

So your attitude is slag the club off for not trying to raise any interest, then slag them off when they do. For what it's worth, I agree with you, but you do pick fault with absolutely everything!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 140
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 10, 2019, 10:22am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,815
Gold Stars: 178
Tbf, all 3 kits actually look quite smart

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 140
diehardmariner
June 10, 2019, 12:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,521
Gold Stars: 536
Loved the over-reaction this weekend of someone leaking the pics.

It's a pretty crappy thing to do but anyone would think it was state secrets that getting leaked.  

It's a bloody football kit!  I've not seen the pics, not really bothered about seeing them either, but you can guarantee that the home one will be black and white stripes and not that much different from the last however many years we've worn black and white.  
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 140
Madeleymariner
June 10, 2019, 12:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Don't care about the kits, home will be based on b&w and if I buy one will totally depend if the last one I had is worn out or not, as don't tend to wear them other than at games or when playing football (usually in goal so use a keepers shirt). Just don't get peoples excitement that's all, but do enjoy if that's what floats your boat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 140
drbell
June 10, 2019, 1:25pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +269
Gold Stars: 14
Im surprised by a lot of the attitudes on this thread. People are constantly putting the club down for not making more effort with things, and not trying to work on the relationship with the fans. Yet here the club are making an effort, appearing a little more modern, involving fans in the kit release, teasing the kits (with high quality well produced shots), in order to try to build some excitement around the kit release, which is a key point of interest for lots of fans and of course one of the clubs money making opportunities.

If you don't care, then fine, ignore the coverage - you will get to see the kit when its released as normal. No harm done.

I for one think its a (very small) well meaning and positive effort, which may just result in a little more interest, with a few more conversations between fans in the build up, and so hopefully a few extra purchases. That can only be good.
Well done from me.
And the blue kit has peaked my interest so I wait with anticipation to see it in full.

And as for the idiot who shared pictures early, I find that shocking. If this whole effort is to increase fan engagement and  interest in the club, and increase income, then you have (in some very tiny way) damaged the club! Not cool!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 140
Bigdog
June 10, 2019, 2:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from pen penfras

So your attitude is slag the club off for not trying to raise any interest, then slag them off when they do. For what it's worth, I agree with you, but you do pick fault with absolutely everything!

I just want my club to fulfil its potential in everything it does. From the minute details to the big decisions, after all we’re supposed to be a professional club and a PLC. Find so many missed opportunities and amateurish ways really frustrating. Want my club to be better and more inventive and original han it is and it could be with a little more thought and effort. Write me a list of all the things that the club has nailed, got spot on and couldn’t be any better at it if they tried and I’ll shut up. Dumbed down operations have led to dumbed down expectations. That’ll do or one or two errors don’t matter or let’s copy what someone else did ten years ago is not good enough for what I want for my club..

I don’t want to slag my club off but how they operate exasperates me. Look at where we are, Mickey Mouse and amateur hour..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 140
sonik
June 10, 2019, 4:04pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Bigdog

I just want my club to fulfil its potential in everything it does. From the minute details to the big decisions, after all we’re supposed to be a professional club and a PLC. Find so many missed opportunities and amateurish ways really frustrating. Want my club to be better and more inventive and original han it is and it could be with a little more thought and effort. Write me a list of all the things that the club has nailed, got spot on and couldn’t be any better at it if they tried and I’ll shut up. Dumbed down operations have led to dumbed down expectations. That’ll do or one or two errors don’t matter or let’s copy what someone else did ten years ago is not good enough for what I want for my club..

I don’t want to slag my club off but how they operate exasperates me. Look at where we are, Mickey Mouse and amateur hour..

Why don't you get off your backside and get involved with your hometown club and make a difference. Always slagging everything the club does. People that are simply trying to do their best. It may not be to your liking or others on this forum. Just tell us what you contribute? Or have done from behind your pseudonym. UTM

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 140
lew chaterleys lover
June 10, 2019, 4:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from sonik

Why don't you get off your backside and get involved with your hometown club and make a difference. Always slagging everything the club does. People that are simply trying to do their best. It may not be to your liking or others on this forum. Just tell us what you contribute? Or have done from behind your pseudonym. UTM

Pseudonym. Sonik??

OK we know who you are - blood is thicker than water and all that but we cannot contribute f all because your brother has got a stranglehold on the club, and has made a complete mess of it.

We just pay and go to the games, but don't want our money back.
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 140
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Home Shirt

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.