Bigdog
June 15, 2019, 9:57am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Oh and I’m waiting for the Fishy meltdown because the home socks are black this season...

I'm probably in the minority.. but I hate the red socks and red being the highlight colour in our kits and club identity. Find it quite a cheapening colour and best left to the glory hunters who support Manure, Liverpool and Arsenal from their armchairs in NE Lincs. Would quite like the kit being fully black and white like it has for long parts of our history. And.. I'll be definitely in the minority by saying that our club crest needs an overhaul too. Looks very dated and quite 80s in design style and needs a cleaner more contemporary look while still harking back to our heritage and incorporating the three fish.. A chocolate and sky blue third kit wouldn't go amiss and also as a third lit I wouldn't mind us using the narrow/varied width hooped shirts of yesteryear in appropriate change colours. A bit more interesting and GTFC iconic than the ones we've been producing and could build up a catalogue of forever heritage kits in the club shop....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 140
Heisenberg
June 15, 2019, 11:15am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,029
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Bigdog

I'm probably in the minority.. but I hate the red socks and red being the highlight colour in our kits and club identity. Find it quite a cheapening colour and best left to the glory hunters who support Manure, Liverpool and Arsenal from their armchairs in NE Lincs. Would quite like the kit being fully black and white like it has for long parts of our history. And.. I'll be definitely in the minority by saying that our club crest needs an overhaul too. Looks very dated and quite 80s in design style and needs a cleaner more contemporary look while still harking back to our heritage and incorporating the three fish.. A chocolate and sky blue third kit wouldn't go amiss and also as a third lit I wouldn't mind us using the narrow/varied width hooped shirts of yesteryear in appropriate change colours. A bit more interesting and GTFC iconic than the ones we've been producing..

I think I agree about the socks, but keep your hands off the badge - I’m biased, yes, but I have always thought it is, hands down, the best badge in football. And I’m not even joking. Look at Scunny and Lincoln’s badges in comparison, they’re appalling!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 140
pizzzza
June 15, 2019, 11:44am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Heisenberg

I think I agree about the socks, but keep your hands off the badge - I’m biased, yes, but I have always thought it is, hands down, the best badge in football. And I’m not even joking. Look at Scunny and Lincoln’s badges in comparison, they’re appalling!

Agree, let's leave the badge alone,  I haven't seen a better one anywhere in football. Lincoln used to have a half decent one then changed it a few years back to that horrific scratchy one-legged goblin thing.
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 140
KingstonMariner
June 15, 2019, 12:20pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I also agree on the badge. I think the current design more or less came about in the 70s. Minor tweaks since then. But I think it is iconic has stood the test of time and it would take a work of genius to improve upon - I don't have any confidence in the regime to find someone capable of a stroke of design genius.

I can't think of any of the recent redesigns of badges that look good. Most are tacky, cheap attempts at following marketing precepts.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 140
louth_in_the_south
June 15, 2019, 3:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,671
Gold Stars: 94
Quoted from GollyGTFC
As usual, due to there being 0%  VAT on children’s clothing, the kids kit is more expensive than the adult kit...

Adult Shirt
£35.83

+£7.16 VAT
=£42.99
Adult Shorts
£14.99

+£3.00 VAT
=£17.99
Adult Socks
£8.33

+£1.66 VAT
=£9.99

Total pre-tax cost of Adult GTFC kit = £59.15

Kids Shirt
£35.99

+£0.00 VAT
=£35.99
Kids Shorts
£14.99

+£0.00 VAT
=£14.99
Kids Socks
£9.99

+£0.00 VAT
=£9.99

Total pre-tax cost of Kids GTFC kit = £60.97

Who cares ffs ?!

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 140
Heisenberg
June 15, 2019, 11:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,029
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

Who cares ffs ?!

Well, he does have a very valid point, Louth.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 140
lew chaterleys lover
June 16, 2019, 1:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,693
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from LH
Black should be third choice behind red and white though. Have we ever been good in black socks over a season?

I think we last won a league wearing our lucky red socks  40 years ago wasn't it?

I much prefer black or white or black and white socks myself as I think it looks classier.

I used to like those Newcastle United socks - black with a white top.

Anyway as somebody said it is far more important what players are wearing the strip.
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 140
jimgtfc
June 16, 2019, 2:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,084
Gold Stars: 44
Negative post alert!

Really don’t like the back of the new home shirt. Front looks fine and I don’t mind the collar, and a couple of nice touches with the 3 fish and we are town embroidering. But what’s happened to the stripes on the back? From behind it looks like we wear all black, I personally really don’t like that. In fact I’d go as far to say it’s my least favourite kit since one of the Jarvis efforts of the 00’s. Wish we’d go back to the full stripes on the back with red names and numbers, even fade the stripes if it’s hard to make out who is who.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 140
HackneyHaddock
June 17, 2019, 11:38am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
I agree with jimgtfc.  I really don't like the new shirt.  Front looks OK, but I really hate the whole of the back of the shirt being black with no stripes on it.  If you're behind the goal, it will look like you're watching the All Blacks not Grimsby Town!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 140
Grantham_Mariner
June 17, 2019, 12:34pm

Season Ticket Holder
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,180
Gold Stars: 50
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/june/have-you-got-your-brand-new-town-shirt/

Why does the shirt to fit kids (mini kit) have red edges to the sleeves whilst the larger sizes have black ?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 140
15 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New Home Shirt

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.