This thread currently has 2,883 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
snoopsgtfc
May 28, 2019, 10:27pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -4
Approval: -191
Despite the rather rude replies I have been receiving for my posts (don’t like to name names but lets just say it rhymes with ‘molfer’) I have decided to continue in my quest to improve GTFC.

My latest idea, the seats.

Now haven’t we all sat in the glorious (although again rather empty) stands and thought ‘my derrière feels rather chilly?’ and without a nice warm crumble as custard to help I think the club should look at selling (or renting) cushions and seat warmers.
Now before you all jump on the negativity bandwagon, people with back/hip problems, older people, anyone taking their dog that doesn’t want it on the floor, and me would all really rather like some cushion.

Also, what every happened to those lovely green seats they used to have? Frankly there are too many red seats for my taste.
Can’t understand why Fenty decided to bin them off, not when they added the much needed touch of class to the stadium.
Also we should have a safe standing section, constantly seem to have some Viking sat in front of me blocking my view, and with Ben Pringles potential return I won’t be happy to miss a second.

Another point: have we got any defib machines on site? we had someone come in to class last week talking about the increased chance of survival when a shock is delivered quickly after a heart attack. And certainly, with our ageing support surely it is a necessary requirement to have more than the odd one in case of more than one event at the same time + there is the added possibility of a player having a turn on the pitch! Furthermore we could look at delivering first aid sessions to fans at half time as a new initiative ‘Grimsby Town Save Lives’ has a nice ring to it , and could be used as our new slogan ( quite contradictory as watching the games make people feel like ending it ) but for the greater good and all that .
Logged Offline
Private Message
mariner tommy
May 28, 2019, 11:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.18
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,869
Gold Stars: 12
Have a day off will ya

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
KingstonMariner
May 28, 2019, 11:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Fantastic idea snoops.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
golfer
May 28, 2019, 11:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 112
I am so sorry if I offended you Snoops. I didn't know that you were poorly and I am sure they will find a cure for your problems soon. God Bless You.--I'm not playing anymore.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
CodHead
May 29, 2019, 6:29am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +158
Quoted from snoopsgtfc
Despite the rather rude replies I have been receiving for my posts (don’t like to name names but lets just say it rhymes with ‘molfer’) I have decided to continue in my quest to improve GTFC.

Now haven’t we all sat in the glorious (although again rather empty) stands and thought ‘my derrière feels rather chilly?’ and without a nice warm crumble as custard to help I think the club should look at selling (or renting) cushions and seat warmers.
Now before you all jump on the negativity bandwagon, people with back/hip problems, older people, anyone taking their dog that doesn’t want it on the floor, and me would all really rather like some cushion.

Also, what every happened to those lovely green seats they used to have? Frankly there are too many red seats for my taste.
Can’t understand why Fenty decided to bin them off, not when they added the much needed touch of class to the stadium.
Also we should have a safe standing section, constantly seem to have some Viking sat in front of me blocking my view, and with Ben Pringles potential return I won’t be happy to miss a second.

Another point: have we got any defib machines on site? we had someone come in to class last week talking about the increased chance of survival when a shock is delivered quickly after a heart attack. And certainly, with our ageing support surely it is a necessary requirement to have more than the odd one in case of more than one event at the same time + there is the added possibility of a player having a turn on the pitch! Furthermore we could look at delivering first aid sessions to fans at half time as a new initiative ‘Grimsby Town Save Lives’ has a nice ring to it , and could be used as our new slogan ( quite contradictory as watching the games make people feel like ending it ) but for the greater good and all that .

Firstly why would we have green seats, our the main colours are black, white and red
and also what is it with you and Ben Pringle, you act like he is messi
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
Mallyner
May 29, 2019, 6:38am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,509
Gold Stars: 22
I have no problem with you snoops, it takes all kinds to make a world.

I have sussed you out, you talk of somebody coming into class and big people  in front of you, are you at Primary School?

If you are your writing is superb for your age and there certainly should be a defrib at Blundell Park.

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
supertown
May 29, 2019, 7:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,415
Gold Stars: 53
I can’t believe some of the ‘serious’  responses to this poster, it is a reasonable attempt at humour, some of it makes me smile so that’s good.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
May 29, 2019, 9:55am
Guest User
Yeah cushions, can just see hundreds of them flying through the air when the ref makes a poor decision.
Reply: 7 - 10
Fishbone
May 29, 2019, 1:27pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +172
Gold Stars: 1
'Grimsby Town Save Lives' does have a good ring to it.. as we all would too if we get those lovely warming cushioned seats
...mind you, given our current predicament it's more likely to be Grimsby Town Save Lives... but their striker knocked in the rebound... I'll get me coat
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
moosey_club
May 29, 2019, 8:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from snoopsgtfc

Heart attacks tend to come along when someone gets over excited........scant chance of that over the last few seasons.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
moosey_club
May 29, 2019, 8:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from 123614
Yeah cushions, can just see hundreds of them flying through the air when the ref makes a poor decision.

tartan woollen for the Main Stand , black and white wipe clean in the Pontoon , gold crushed velvet for the Upper.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Aches and pains

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.