Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dogs welcome?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 172 Guests

Dogs welcome?

This thread currently has 7,354 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
snoopsgtfc
May 26, 2019, 6:10pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -4
Approval: -191
Despite some serious negativity on my recent posts I will not be silenced by name callers and delinquents.
Another fantastic, club assisting idea I have had is to have a dog friendly section. In fact, we could have a costume contest and encourage dogs to dress in the GY stripes (potentially horizontal if my other ideas get taken on board). This will also boost morale as last season wasn’t brilliant and frankly Ben Pringle won’t be back now he is league one so congratulations to GTFC for losing that gem).
My dogs has coincidentally already won such a contest (although I dressed him as a sailor so maybe that could link with Youngs?) so I would be happy to give some ideas on the costume front.
Anyway, the players don’t really need that size pitch so I think sectioning off a bit of the grass for the dogs to have a play would be a great idea. Then people wouldn’t have to worry about leaving their dogs for the day while the go and watch. Which would probably bring in a few more spectators – I have noticed the turn out has been a little thin lately – this could be related to lack of available snacks that’s certainly an issue I’ve experienced! (don’t even sell sandwiches there!)
We could also charge people a pound or two to bring their dogs along, this will make some more money for the frankly cash strapped team.
If this is a successful idea we could look at launching other pet friendly schemes at the grounds (multipurpose use such as dog agility).
So just to recap because certain members of this forum seem to find change frightening and also confusing….
Fans can bring along their pet dogs.
This will earn the club some much needed money (and probably publicity).
This could open up some more uses for the pitch – it’s off season now what is it even being used for?
Potential dog costume contests to again boost morale and add a bit of fun (and if we played anything like last season I’d rather be watching the dogs).

Logged Offline
Private Message
CodHead
May 26, 2019, 6:15pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +168
Quoted from snoopsgtfc
Despite some serious negativity on my recent posts I will not be silenced by name callers and delinquents.
Another fantastic, club assisting idea I have had is to have a dog friendly section. In fact, we could have a costume contest and encourage dogs to dress in the GY stripes (potentially horizontal if my other ideas get taken on board). This will also boost morale as last season wasn’t brilliant and frankly Ben Pringle won’t be back now he is league one so congratulations to GTFC for losing that gem).
My dogs has coincidentally already won such a contest (although I dressed him as a sailor so maybe that could link with Youngs?) so I would be happy to give some ideas on the costume front.
Anyway, the players don’t really need that size pitch so I think sectioning off a bit of the grass for the dogs to have a play would be a great idea. Then people wouldn’t have to worry about leaving their dogs for the day while the go and watch. Which would probably bring in a few more spectators – I have noticed the turn out has been a little thin lately – this could be related to lack of available snacks that’s certainly an issue I’ve experienced! (don’t even sell sandwiches there!)
We could also charge people a pound or two to bring their dogs along, this will make some more money for the frankly cash strapped team.
If this is a successful idea we could look at launching other pet friendly schemes at the grounds (multipurpose use such as dog agility).
So just to recap because certain members of this forum seem to find change frightening and also confusing….
This could open up some more uses for the pitch – it’s off season now what is it even being used for?
Potential dog costume contests to again boost morale and add a bit of fun (and if we played anything like last season I’d rather be watching the dogs).

How about we create a starting 11 of dogs as well about as realistic as that happening
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 44
snoopsgtfc
May 26, 2019, 6:29pm
Coke Drinker
Clearly you're a cat person  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 44
Grantley
May 26, 2019, 6:33pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Can mods ban this troll please?

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 44
snoopsgtfc
May 26, 2019, 6:40pm
Coke Drinker
Hardly a troll, offering some very valid suggestions for the club. Just because you haven't thought of anything useful.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 44
snoopsgtfc
May 26, 2019, 6:45pm
Coke Drinker
Quoted from Grantley
Can mods ban this troll please?

Mate you've been logged on for 1437 days 19 hours 46 minutes, maybe you should step away from the computer....

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 44
CodHead
May 26, 2019, 7:08pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from snoopsgtfc

Mate you've been logged on for 1437 days 19 hours 46 minutes, maybe you should step away from the computer....

You've been logged on for 2 days and you have already made 13 posts
'Maybe you should step away from the computer'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 44
arryarryarry
May 26, 2019, 7:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from snoopsgtfc

You are taking the urine aren't you?
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 44
CodHead
May 26, 2019, 7:18pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

You are taking the urine aren't you?

He's gone barking mad
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 44
golfer
May 26, 2019, 8:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,416
Gold Stars: 114
I've got a better idea Snoops-you could dress up as a dog and run around the pitch and we could throw dog shite at you-with prizes for the best aim. Create a bit of fun and satisfaction for all those who hit you and a bit of cash for the club-dog shite £1 a bag at the refreshment counters

Oh-and congratulations you have got 99 red x's in 3 days-club record.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 44
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dogs welcome?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.