Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Could we have 'done a Tranmere' ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 351 Guests

Could we have 'done a Tranmere' ?

This thread currently has 6,519 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
May 28, 2019, 1:09pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I'm sure I heard or read though that we had a competitive budget?  

Competitive vs who?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 44
FishOutOfWater
May 28, 2019, 1:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Competitive vs who?

There's the Catch 22 mate.... who decides what is competitive and what is not competitive.

We are just fed this line and there is no way of proving it or otherwise
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 41 - 44
1mickylyons
May 28, 2019, 1:52pm
Special Brew Drinker

There's the Catch 22 mate.... who decides what is competitive and what is not competitive.

We are just fed this line and there is no way of proving it or otherwise

I was told by a good mate  who was friends with one of our players why he was leaving at that time . The rumour went round on here and it was spot on he was offered £50 a week more to sign a new deal left and got higher wages in the national league. That Club at that time had an average gate 1500 lower than ours  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 44
FishOutOfWater
May 29, 2019, 1:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I was told by a good mate  who was friends with one of our players why he was leaving at that time . The rumour went round on here and it was spot on he was offered £50 a week more to sign a new deal left and got higher wages in the national league. That Club at that time had an average gate 1500 lower than ours  

If this is the same player who scored our goal on the last day of our first season back in the league (16-17) then I've pretty much heard the same kind of thing... just who are we being competitive with I'd like to know  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 43 - 44
1mickylyons
May 29, 2019, 2:04pm
Special Brew Drinker

If this is the same player who scored our goal on the last day of our first season back in the league (16-17) then I've pretty much heard the same kind of thing... just who are we being competitive with I'd like to know  

Our budget should surely see us challenging for the Play Offs/top half  based on gates alone . However in real terms and I could be miles off we seem happy to compete with Morecambe,Macc etc for the 3rd from bottom slot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Could we have 'done a Tranmere' ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.