3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
AndyDarloFC
May 25, 2019, 5:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
We’ve done it for the last 3 years including this one. Think someone quoted we’ve now raised around 280k for Boost the Budget schemes.

That’s on top of funding the club through shares etc.
I bought my season ticket/topped up my boost the budget donation and paid my supporters club membership this week. £700 down. My pay has taken a massive whack, is it worth it?

Of course it f*cking is. My club. My vote. My shares.

I love my tinpot fan owned club  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 10 - 25
KingstonMariner
May 25, 2019, 6:00pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
We’ve done it for the last 3 years including this one. Think someone quoted we’ve now raised around 280k for Boost the Budget schemes.

I bought my season ticket/topped up my boost the budget donation and paid my supporters club membership this week. £700 down. My pay has taken a massive whack, is it worth it?

This!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
psgmariner
June 8, 2019, 3:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
As expected they’ve been booted out the conference and aldershot have been let back in.

Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
AndyDarloFC
June 8, 2019, 4:46pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Absolute joke they’ve only been demoted one league, when we got demoted 4 leagues.

The sheer amount of rules they broke should have seen them kicked down to the Northern League.

They’ve also come out and indicated they are staying full time? How? They can barely bring in 1000 fans regularly, not sustainable and doesn’t look like they’ve learnt anything at all from this situation.
Like, where are they getting the money from to stay full time when apparently it’s the fans (‘GatesheadSoul’ on Twitter) that have orchestrated this “takeover”.

Tinpot club that had massively spent above the means for too long.

Only plus from a Darlo point of view is that it’s a closer game for us and not heading down to Oxford City.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 25
KingstonMariner
June 8, 2019, 5:43pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
Absolute joke they’ve only been demoted one league, when we got demoted 4 leagues.

The sheer amount of rules they broke should have seen them kicked down to the Northern League.

They’ve also come out and indicated they are staying full time? How? They can barely bring in 1000 fans regularly, not sustainable and doesn’t look like they’ve learnt anything at all from this situation.
Like, where are they getting the money from to stay full time when apparently it’s the fans (‘GatesheadSoul’ on Twitter) that have orchestrated this “takeover”.

Only plus from a Darlo point of view is that it’s a closer game for us and not heading down to Oxford City.

Does seem unfair but at least the National League is taking serious action unlike the FL (apart from when Luton got docked 30 points).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
dapperz fun pub
June 9, 2019, 7:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

Respect
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
WetFlannel
June 9, 2019, 10:46am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

The club had problems due to a shitty owner, and they’ve copulated off leaving the club with problems. The team finished in the top ten, all that relegating them does is hurt the fans, it doesn’t punish those responsible. So you’re now complaining that Gateshead didn’t get enough punishment for something that didn’t affect the team on the pitch?! I know local rivalry exists (as the fourth best non league in the North East you do need to try claw some relevance back!) but wanting a team to be kicked down to the Northern League is shitty.

I hate that Aldershot are staying up instead of a team like Spennymoor being promoted. It incentivises bad play.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
Hgtop
June 9, 2019, 10:55am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +6
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

Big difference Andy.  Gateshead were not in administration. Darlo broke more rules, were in admininstration three times with two lots of creditors shafted, Gateshead have paid their debts, are debt free and pay miniscule rent on the stadium (less than Darlo do for Blackwell Meadows).  Darlo also had no Golden Share which is the main reason why they were placed so low in the pyramid.  You are right that costs are more than gate revenue, but name a club that doesnt have to raise extra, beit through benign loans, share sales, gifts, sponsorship, fans donations etc etc.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
KingstonMariner
June 9, 2019, 4:59pm
Meths Drinker
That’s BS. They were penalised by theNL because of financial and irregularities: non-payment of football debts, failing to follow reporting guidelines and breaching rules on loans and not securing a ground (ie they didn’t pay their rent). Regardless of who’s in charge that all benefits the team on the pitch. How else do you stop football clubs breaking the rules without some harsh penalty that punishes the fans?

You very rarely hear of fans protesting when the playing budget is inflated above the sustainable level. They’re quite happy to enjoy doing well. So they’re not really innocent by-standers.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
Hgtop
June 9, 2019, 9:03pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +6
Quoted from KingstonMariner
That’s BS. They were penalised by theNL because of financial and irregularities: non-payment of football debts, failing to follow reporting guidelines and breaching rules on loans and not securing a ground (ie they didn’t pay their rent). Regardless of who’s in charge that all benefits the team on the pitch. How else do you stop football clubs breaking the rules without some harsh penalty that punishes the fans?

You very rarely hear of fans protesting when the playing budget is inflated above the sustainable level. They’re quite happy to enjoy doing well. So they’re not really innocent by-standers.

What BS?.  I don't get who you are having a go at here, me  or Andy.  Gateshead as a club has accepted the League's punishment without argument. The new owners have settled the debts, secured a lease on a ground and sorted all the misdemeanors you mention.  The previous owners mismanaged the club and mistreated the NL and the club has been relegated because of that.  Of course the fans suffer as they see a club they love being torn apart and a good season ending in relegation.

As I pointed out above there are distinct differences between the situations that Darlo and Gateshead were in, hence the diffence in punishments which was the source of Andy's displeasure.

I do stand by my final point though; that all clubs, even GTFC, rely on monies not generated through the turnstiles and on matchday, and should that alternative income be lost then they too would have financial difficulties that may result in some form of punishment from whatever league they are in.  We should always be careful of laughing at, or mocking, other clubs in difficulties as you never know when, for example, a chairman gets bored, calls in his loans and boom! your the next financial basket case.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Gateshead

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.