Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Possible £100k bid received for Rumarn Burrell
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 65 Guests

Possible £100k bid received for Rumarn Burrell

This thread currently has 14,496 views. Print
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
MarinerDevil
May 24, 2019, 2:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 78
https://twitter.com/mattdeanradio/status/1131905381964369920
£100k with add-ons is a good offer and I imagine we'd take it.  A shame that we're not in a better position in which we could develop him further ourselves and increase his value in the future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
RoboCod
May 24, 2019, 2:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Why take it though? He sounds very promising to be getting that sort of alleged attention, give him some subs appearances and sell him as a full pro with match day experience.
Plus the fact that we do need a striker, maybe he's already here.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 79
crusty ole pie
May 24, 2019, 2:47pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,294
Gold Stars: 62
A striker with 100 grand on his head for championship club surely he should have had a bit more of chance with our goal shy league two status. Remember tony ford if there good enough than they are old enough in my book
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 79
MarinerDevil
May 24, 2019, 2:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 78
I believe it's his decision.  We are entitled to compensation if he signs with another club as we have offered him pro terms, but I don't think he's actually signed with us, unless someone can put me right on that.  If he wishes to go to Middlesbrough, we'll just have to accept the £100k and move on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 79
RoboCod
May 24, 2019, 3:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from MarinerDevil
I believe it's his decision.  We are entitled to compensation if he signs with another club as we have offered him pro terms, but I don't think he's actually signed with us, unless someone can put me right on that.  If he wishes to go to Middlesbrough, we'll just have to accept the £100k and move on.

Yeah, re-reading the tweet says he was 'offered' terms. I'd like to see some clarification, could be a shame to lose him over terms

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 79
Codswede
May 24, 2019, 3:17pm

Upper Findus
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +300
I'd let him go and wish him well on his way. Likely to have better chances to develop away from here and may well come back one day a much better player. Also raises the prestige level and visibility of GTFC academy amongst the league's bigger clubs so may open the doors to future business. A shame it's this way but I think our academy is best served generating saleable assets, not necessarily GTFC first team prospects.

ATAW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 79
diehardmariner
May 24, 2019, 3:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +16,986
Gold Stars: 517
Said a few times last year that I thought the lad has a better all round game than Rose and was the better long term prospect. He really impressed so I'm not surprised he's got interest.

Sad thing is it just shows the state of the game. Anyone who shows any promise is just hoovered up by the big boys.

At his age, who can blame him for taking whatever they're going to offer. But I think he'll be better off staying here. He'll definitely get chances here and as long as he continues to develop his stock will increase. Big danger he goes to 'Boro and just gets eaten up alongside another god knows how many 18 year old strikers with potential.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 79
Mariner Timsky
May 24, 2019, 3:29pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
They must have seen something in him to be bidding 100k

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 79
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 24, 2019, 3:29pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Take the money, let him go.

He will not prosper at Grimsby. Even this manager who professes to want to play young players will jib at giving the lad enough match time to really improve. In the meantime he plays for the Reserves at a relatively low level when he could be at a Championship club getting higher quality games and a loan out when he's ready, maybe even back here.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 79
forza ivano
May 24, 2019, 3:44pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,108
Gold Stars: 265
Bite their hand off for it! if he doesn't prosper we're £100k richer, if he does then we still win.He's only played about 30 min of first team football so he's hardly an integral part of the team.

i'm sure our Beloved Supreme Leader will spend the money wisely...........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 79
8 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Possible £100k bid received for Rumarn Burrell

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.