Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rumour Mill
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 51 Guests

Rumour Mill

This thread currently has 106,907 views. Print
35 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
May 22, 2019, 3:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,380
Gold Stars: 170
How many threads do we have running now regarding the rumour mill of #blah, #blah, & #blah signing for us or maybe there's a potential??..
I for one am not enjoying the end of the season one little bit..the death of the floodlights, the constant cr@p coming out the boardroom, the complete malaise amongst the supporters and the constant throwing of potential signings into the mix with no substantiated proof to back any names up.
Now, I look at the OS almost hourly hoping against hope for our first summer signing, one that'll get us talking positively, get some fans back on side and bring some good to a successful 2919/2020 campaign.
Yet I wonder will it more in the ilk of Robles or more like Hessenthailer... personally, where we'll be shopping, I think it will be the former..
Until then, the cogs of the rumour mill will keep turning...roll on the 3rd of August and stop me going crazy without my  Saturdays of mental turmoil and torture...UTM til I die...
Logged Offline
Private Message
pen penfras
May 22, 2019, 3:39pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -159
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
How many threads do we have running now regarding the rumour mill of #blah, #blah, & #blah signing for us or maybe there's a potential??..
I for one am not enjoying the end of the season one little bit..the death of the floodlights, the constant cr@p coming out the boardroom, the complete malaise amongst the supporters and the constant throwing of potential signings makes with no substantiated proof to back any names up.
Now, I look at the OS almost hourly hoping against hope for our first summer signing, one that'll get us talking positively, get some fans back on side and bring some good to a successful 2919/2020 campaign.
Yet I wonder will it more in the ilk of Robles or more like Hessenthailer... personally, where we'll be shopping, I think it will be the former..
Until then, the cogs of the rumour mill will keep turning...roll on the 3rd of August and stop me going crazy without my  Saturdays of mental turmoil and torture...UTM til I die...

It's not the best time to be signing players though. Everybody is still under contract and being paid for another 5 weeks. Players will be holding out for high wages at this point and start to lower their demands as the season draws closer and they have fewer options and no income. This means to sign the players that you really want, you have to pay more before somebody else comes in. With that in mind, I'd expect Jolley to be looking at signing better players now and the squad fillers can wait until later on in the summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 342
MuddyWaters
May 22, 2019, 4:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +46 / -25
Approval: +31,785
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from pen penfras

It's not the best time to be signing players though. Everybody is still under contract and being paid for another 5 weeks. Players will be holding out for high wages at this point and start to lower their demands as the season draws closer and they have fewer options and no income. This means to sign the players that you really want, you have to pay more before somebody else comes in. With that in mind, I'd expect Jolley to be looking at signing better players now and the squad fillers can wait until later on in the summer.

With that in mind, can you tell us when we can expect to have the hairs on our neck stand up?
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 342
Mendonca1995
May 22, 2019, 5:44pm
Super Clive mendonca how much would he cost now
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +903
Gold Stars: 15
Well whatever rumours circulate this summer for me it’s quite evident that we’ve missed a target man/hold up type of striker since lennel jl went although at the time I wasn’t his biggest fan these last couple of years has made me realise how vital he was to us he wasn’t the 20+ goal scorer we all wanted but what he did off the ball and in the air was unreal he was a workhorse who challenged everything even if he wasn’t in the team he was so useful at coming on in the last 10-15 mins of games to run the clock down I liked the look of that smith at Macclesfield but I believe he’s signed for Northampton but with this in mind yes we would also love that 20+ Goals striker maybe we go for a lower league striker hungry like the hearns and bogles etc I’m sure mj will have his targets and it hopefully won’t be long till the club announce the first of many quality signings to get season ticket sales up and running I will be purchasing one anyhow but I’m sure many fans are waiting to see who signs etc but there’s plenty of time yet the seasons just finished and maybe I’m being impatient any thoughts on the target man option welcome UTM

ALL TOWN AREN'T WE ⚫️⚪️
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 342
pen penfras
May 22, 2019, 5:49pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -159
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from MuddyWaters

With that in mind, can you tell us when we can expect to have the hairs on our neck stand up?

The constant insinuations that I'm involved with the club are not only boring, but wrong. I have no involvement with the club, I live nowhere near Grimsby and attend far fewer games than I would like to.

Just because I don't agree with your viewpoint doesn't make my opinion any less valid. And just because I have a bit more business nouse and understanding of accounts than most, does not make me an accountant.

I don't know who we'll sign or when, but my point is that it's difficult to sign players at this time because they are willing to wait a few weeks and see  if anything better comes along whilst they're still getting paid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 342
Mighty_Mariner
May 22, 2019, 5:51pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,238
Gold Stars: 10
[quote=140299]How many threads do we have running now regarding the rumour mill of #blah, #blah, & #blah signing for us or maybe there's a potential??..
I for one am not enjoying the end of the season one little bit..the death of the floodlights, the constant cr@p coming out the boardroom, the complete malaise amongst the supporters and the constant throwing of potential signings into the mix with no substantiated proof to back any names up.
Until then, the cogs of the rumour mill will keep turning...roll on the 3rd of August and stop me going crazy without my  Saturdays of mental turmoil and torture...UTM til I die...[/quote]

One more now mate thanks to you 🙄

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 342
MuddyWaters
May 22, 2019, 5:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +46 / -25
Approval: +31,785
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from pen penfras

The constant insinuations that I'm involved with the club are not only boring, but wrong. I have no involvement with the club, I live nowhere near Grimsby and attend far fewer games than I would like to.

Just because I don't agree with your viewpoint doesn't make my opinion any less valid. And just because I have a bit more business nouse and understanding of accounts than most, does not make me an accountant.

I don't know who we'll sign or when, but my point is that it's difficult to sign players at this time because they are willing to wait a few weeks and see  if anything better comes along whilst they're still getting paid.

If you had any nous you would know that it ends in 's' not 'e'  
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 342
Northbank Mariner
May 22, 2019, 6:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,380
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
[quote=140299]How many threads do we have running now regarding the rumour mill of #blah, #blah, & #blah signing for us or maybe there's a potential??..

One more now mate thanks to you 🙄[/quote]

That was actually the premise of the thread..to move away from countless names being banded about and try and capture all the rumours in one thread...so hopefully the end game us to prevent even more rumour threads than we have now ..god I hate the closed season...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 342
Ipswin
May 22, 2019, 6:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Mendonca1995
Well whatever rumours circulate this summer for me it’s quite evident that we’ve missed a target man/hold up type of striker since lennel jl went although at the time I wasn’t his biggest fan these last couple of years has made me realise how vital he was to us he wasn’t the 20+ goal scorer we all wanted but what he did off the ball and in the air was unreal he was a workhorse who challenged everything even if he wasn’t in the team he was so useful at coming on in the last 10-15 mins of games to run the clock down I liked the look of that smith at Macclesfield but I believe he’s signed for Northampton but with this in mind yes we would also love that 20+ Goals striker maybe we go for a lower league striker hungry like the hearns and bogles etc I’m sure mj will have his targets and it hopefully won’t be long till the club announce the first of many quality signings to get season ticket sales up and running I will be purchasing one anyhow but I’m sure many fans are waiting to see who signs etc but there’s plenty of time yet the seasons just finished and maybe I’m being impatient any thoughts on the target man option welcome UTM

Hope you get the full stop, comma and capital letter keys fixed soon.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 342
rancido
May 22, 2019, 6:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,409
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from Ipswin

Hope you get the full stop, comma and capital letter keys fixed soon.

I'm surprised The Old Codger didn't pick him up on this

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 342
35 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rumour Mill

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.