Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 320 Guests

Rumour Mill

This thread currently has 106,992 views. Print
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 3, 2019, 7:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,761
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from Croxton

At least you knew the result! In the fifties, it was the GT that gave the scores. My Croxton paper round was 14 houses, 2 street lights and yapping dogs. Good tips at xmas though.

How did you fit 2 street lights in your satchel

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 342
TownSNAFU5
June 3, 2019, 7:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,774
Gold Stars: 41
Not “Catering”, It may have been mis-heard and actually was “Kettering”.  Maybe we are getting a player from them? 😏
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 342
Poojah
June 3, 2019, 7:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,151
Gold Stars: 1,490
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Not “Catering”, It may have been mis-heard and actually was “Kettering”.  Maybe we are getting a player from them? 😏

Let’s at least sign the fúcking right one this time.

“Hello Grimsby, so let’s just get this straight - YOU want to pay US money to take Makofo off our hands? Oh, err...we’re going to have to have a long, hard think about that.

[img]https://media.giphy.com/media/rjkJD1v80CjYs/giphy.gif[/img]
“After much deliberation, we reluctantly accept your offer”.

If the team you’re buying a player from literally dropping him off for you isn’t a warning sign, I don’t know what is.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 342
Pogo
June 3, 2019, 8:02pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +139
Matt green’s Being considered according to upthemariners on Instagram 👀
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 342
Northbank Mariner
June 3, 2019, 8:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,388
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from Pogo
Matt green’s Being considered according to upthemariners on Instagram 👀

Another no from me, seems to have had 2 decent seasons for Mansfield and pretty much becoming another journeyman...that's him signed then I suppose going on our normal track record!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 342
Pogo
June 3, 2019, 8:30pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Another no from me, seems to have had 2 decent seasons for Mansfield and pretty much becoming another journeyman...that's him signed then I suppose going on our normal track record!!!

I’m on the fence, I think given a run in  the team he’ll bag more than the current forwards we have, but still it’s just a rumour and I can’t see him taking a huge pay cut to come here
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 342
MuddyWaters
June 3, 2019, 8:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,884
Gold Stars: 230
Seem to recall MJ saying that we were already talking to players before the end of the season. It would be nice to hear something from the club, it’s very quiet compared to The Jolley Revolution used to sell season tickets last year.
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 342
Northbank Mariner
June 3, 2019, 8:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,388
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from Pogo

I’m on the fence, I think given a run in  the team he’ll bag more than the current forwards we have, but still it’s just a rumour and I can’t see him taking a huge pay cut to come here

Tbh Pogo, I'm convinced we'll see Dennis sign on a permanent, can't see him wanting to play tinpot again and reckon we'd get him for a song ..
As for our current forwards, do we really have a striker on the books who knows where the onion bag is??..
Just know I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the lack on action on the incomings and can see last minute bargain buckets as per the the GTFC mantel..
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 342
Pogo
June 3, 2019, 8:43pm
Shandy Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Tbh Pogo, I'm convinced we'll see Dennis sign on a permanent, can't see him wanting to play tinpot again and reckon we'd get him for a song ..
As for our current forwards, do we really have a striker on the books who knows where the onion bag is??..
Just know I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the lack on action on the incomings and can see last minute bargain buckets as per the the GTFC mantel..

I wouldn’t be against Dennis coming back, he was starved of service which was blatantly obvious so if we could bring in a creative player or two along with Dennis I think we’d be in ok shape attacking wise. I’m like you north bank frustration at the lack of activity but it’s still very early days and let’s be honest we won’t be the first option for a lot of decent players
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 342
Mariner93er
June 3, 2019, 8:43pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
Most teams haven't made a signing yet and what news can the club give us realistically? It's not like they can give us names. No doubt Jolley will be working hard to make deals happen and I'm pretty sure he only just returned from holiday.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 342
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.