Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Women’s football team
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 203 Guests

Women’s football team

This thread currently has 7,445 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
snoopsgtfc
May 23, 2019, 9:37pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -4
Approval: -191
Good! It's about time, I know there have been various and several campaigns.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 41
moosey_club
May 23, 2019, 10:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Love the application form they have up on the O.S...

Which would you say is your strongest foot ?  WTF

Reminds me of early school football....."you can head it ok you're my centre back, you kick it hard you're up front, left foot anyone ??  good good you're left back "

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 41
Nelly GTFC
June 24, 2019, 5:02pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 30
Well, Grimsby Town have signed their first player for the womens team >> https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2019/june/grimsby-town-women-sign-libbi-wright/

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 41
Abdul19
June 24, 2019, 8:35pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Is the fishy's very own Ascend the gaffer?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 41
TonySmith
June 24, 2019, 9:33pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +964
Gold Stars: 11
  Most people on here seem to women's football as a positive thing, but I would love to watch some of the people who feel so threatened by women playing football that they still have to demean them, try to play against these ladies I'm watching in the World Cup. Even the Thai team would run rings around a bunch of  Sunday League cloggers.
  I'm honestly not sure what level of men's teams the best women could compete with, but I'm certain it's a lot higher than that. They may not have the strength or speed of male professionals, but the best women players have some serious skills. Just watch with an open mind.
  The women's game is different in the way that women's tennis is different to men's. The fact that Serena Williams probably couldn't beat the 500th best male player is down to testosterone related physical attributes, not skills.
   I think it's great that Town are starting a ladies team. If the club is moving into the 21st century, maybe all the supporters should do the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 41
LondonMariner43
June 24, 2019, 9:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,891
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from TonySmith
  Most people on here seem to women's football as a positive thing, but I would love to watch some of the people who feel so threatened by women playing football that they still have to demean them, try to play against these ladies I'm watching in the World Cup. Even the Thai team would run rings around a bunch of  Sunday League cloggers.
  I'm honestly not sure what level of men's teams the best women could compete with, but I'm certain it's a lot higher than that. They may not have the strength or speed of male professionals, but the best women players have some serious skills. Just watch with an open mind.
  The women's game is different in the way that women's tennis is different to men's. The fact that Serena Williams probably couldn't beat the 500th best male player is down to testosterone related physical attributes, not skills.
   I think it's great that Town are starting a ladies team. If the club is moving into the 21st century, maybe all the supporters should do the same.

Well said.  I’ve enjoyed watching the World Cup games.  The only thing lacking is the atmosphere due to the smaller crowds.  

Saying that women’s football isn’t the same as men’s is like saying Paula Radcliffe wasn’t a great marathon runner because she took 15 minutes longer than the men.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 41
KingstonMariner
June 24, 2019, 10:49pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from LondonMariner43

Well said.  I’ve enjoyed watching the World Cup games.  The only thing lacking is the atmosphere due to the smaller crowds.  

Saying that women’s football isn’t the same as men’s is like saying Paula Radcliffe wasn’t a great marathon runner because she took 15 minutes longer than the men.

Exactly people don't say I'm not watching the women's relay race because it's not as fast as the men.

And your Marathon example is a good one - 99% of men would be more than 15 minutes slower than the fastest woman.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 41
supertown
June 25, 2019, 3:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,415
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Exactly people don't say I'm not watching the women's relay race because it's not as fast as the men.

And your Marathon example is a good one - 99% of men would be more than 15 minutes slower than the fastest woman.

That is probably factual but it doesn’t mean women’s football is going to be good to watch does it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 41
codcheeky
June 25, 2019, 3:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from supertown

That is probably factual but it doesn’t mean women’s football is going to be good to watch does it

Let's face it a lot of Town's football over the last few years has been terrible to watch, I'm enjoying the world cup but don't expect it to be as fast or physical as the men's game
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 41
KingstonMariner
June 25, 2019, 4:16pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from supertown

That is a question of taste.

But the point about ability is relevant - people still watch women's athletics even though they're not quite as fast/strong etc as the men.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Women’s football team

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.