This thread currently has 5,426 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
May 20, 2019, 2:53pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,633
Gold Stars: 168
Most won't be interested but I just noticed that Scotish football leagues only English based club Berwick Rangers were relegated at the weekend to be replaced by Cove Rangers.

That's a staple quiz question gone out of the window there. I wonder if Jock's Auchinleck will ever make it into the SPFL.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48236317

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
May 20, 2019, 3:09pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
What league would Berwick play in next season then? Could they go into the English system?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
Mariner Timsky
May 20, 2019, 3:25pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
According to that bbc article they drop into the scottish lowlands league

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
Abdul19
May 20, 2019, 3:27pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,431
Gold Stars: 212
They drop into the Lowland League.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
jock dock tower
May 20, 2019, 4:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
The Lowland League is supposedly the 5th level of Scottish football. The reality is that the vast majority of clubs in it are not that good. In fact, some of them are utter shite, nomadic, and some backed my wee money men looking to bask in reflected glory of maybe somehow getting into the SFL.

Cove Rangers, who won the play off and will now ply their trade in the SFL next season are the biggest whingeing wallopers I've ever come across in the Scottish non league game, and everybody hates them with a passion because they are backed with serious money (off shore diving company) and their fans think they're the dog's bollox.

Auchinleck Talbot played them in this season's Scottish Cup 2nd round. Nobody had previously scored at their ground before the game, and they had won every game played up until then. We came away with a 1-1 draw having pummelled them in the second half after going in 1-0 down. We beat them 2-1 at home and they players refused to come into the clubhouse for the traditional post match hospitality - which speaks volumes about their stinking attitude.

They have an ex Aberdeen centre forward playing for them who cost £30k and is reputed to be on about £600-£700 per week. They drip money and arrogance, and most folk up here would love to see them relegated straight back down. Unlikely to happen though, they'll strengthen this close season and probably get a few Aberdeen youth players / reserves brought in as well. They'll want a quick return on their money.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
Northbank Mariner
May 20, 2019, 4:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,380
Gold Stars: 170
North Berwick, the only place in the UK officially still at war with Russia...now there's a quiz question for you!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
Les Brechin
May 20, 2019, 4:13pm

Quoted from jock dock tower
The Lowland League is supposedly the 5th level of Scottish football. The reality is that the vast majority of clubs in it are not that good. In fact, some of them are utter shite, nomadic, and some backed my wee money men looking to bask in reflected glory of maybe somehow getting into the SFL.

Cove Rangers, who won the play off and will now ply their trade in the SFL next season are the biggest whingeing wallopers I've ever come across in the Scottish non league game, and everybody hates them with a passion because they are backed with serious money (off shore diving company) and their fans think they're the dog's bollox.

Auchinleck Talbot played them in this season's Scottish Cup 2nd round. Nobody had previously scored at their ground before the game, and they had won every game played up until then. We came away with a 1-1 draw having pummelled them in the second half after going in 1-0 down. We beat them 2-1 at home and they players refused to come into the clubhouse for the traditional post match hospitality - which speaks volumes about their stinking attitude.

They have an ex Aberdeen centre forward playing for them who cost £30k and is reputed to be on about £600-£700 per week. They drip money and arrogance, and most folk up here would love to see them relegated straight back down. Unlikely to happen though, they'll strengthen this close season and probably get a few Aberdeen youth players / reserves brought in as well. They'll want a quick return on their money.

How do they decide which team plays off against the bottom team in the SPL Jock. Do the winners of the Highland League and the Lowland League have a play-off themselves to decide? Also are Auchinleck able to get into The Lowland League or not?

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
grimsby pete
May 20, 2019, 4:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,763
Gold Stars: 221
Not interested in Berwick Les I only follow Brechin.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
Les Brechin
May 20, 2019, 4:15pm

Quoted from grimsby pete

Another crap season for them Pete. 2nd successive relegation season!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
KingstonMariner
May 20, 2019, 4:24pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimsby pete

I’d have thought you’d follow Peterhead 😉

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Berwick Rangers

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.