Malta_Mariner_90
May 17, 2019, 1:06pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Anything with black and white stripes is too big for them ask Fenty

To be fair Cowley is still to convince he is all that. He would be as popular as Hurst was regards the brand of football he would have brought if we had ever been in for him.

Yes he has done well at Lincoln no doubt about that and he did well at little clubs in Essex before but he did this playing one brand of football. A brand of football which in my opinion would simply not work in the Championship.

Hurst tried to keep to his principles of boring the life out of the opposition with Ipswich. It was a disaster.

If WBA appoint Cowley I personally think they are taking an unnecessary chance considering they would have a budget big enough to attract, proven managers.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 30
mariner91
May 17, 2019, 2:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,609
Gold Stars: 260

If they were to do a Bournemouth they may need a Russian backer like they have. You can only grow a club so far before it needs much more money than it will ever make. But having said that, Bournemouth are not massive spenders and like Norwich they are investing heavily in their academy. I have no idea if Lincoln are doing that.

£15 million on someone as crap as Jordon Ibe suggests they're not limited in what they spend particularly!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 30
Mariner93er
May 17, 2019, 2:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
To be fair to Cowley and Lincoln, they are a physical team but were still a good footballing side. I'm sure given time they'd do well at West Brom.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 30
SomeSanity
May 17, 2019, 2:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
Lincoln get it right off the field allowing the Crowley’s with a bit more to spend. That’s what you get when you have forward thinkers who are actually astute running the club day to day. As far as the Crowley’s go.. good luck to them. They deserve it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 30
promotion plaice
May 17, 2019, 2:56pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from SomeSanity
Lincoln get it right off the field allowing the Crowley’s with a bit more to spend. That’s what you get when you have forward thinkers who are actually astute running the club day to day. As far as the Crowley’s go.. good luck to them. They deserve it.

Agreed, I'm just fed up with the Lincoln fans crowing about them on here.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 30
buckstown
May 17, 2019, 4:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,177
Gold Stars: 79
Am I the only one feeling a trifle sad when "a more positive note" is the potential bad news for another club?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 30
Bigdog
May 17, 2019, 4:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from buckstown
Am I the only one feeling a trifle sad when "a more positive note" is the potential bad news for another club?

No you're not mate..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 30
psgmariner
May 17, 2019, 7:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
The misfortune of others has been my only solace this season.

Scunny getting relegated, Liverpool not winning the title and Leeds falling apart again have been the highlights of a terribly depressing season.

Private Message
Reply: 17 - 30
Helgy
May 18, 2019, 12:43pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
WBA are like most in the top 2 divisions they have a high turn over of managers and getting into the play off's is viewed as a failure.
So that has to be factored into the equation bit of a risky job switch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 30
wigworld
May 18, 2019, 1:31pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Mariner93er
To be fair to Cowley and Lincoln, they are a physical team but were still a good footballing side. I'm sure given time they'd do well at West Brom.

That rarely happens anywhere in football though - especially the higher up the pyramid you go.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › On a more positive note

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.