4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
May 17, 2019, 11:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
The end of Lincoln City's revival is now under threat...The Cowley brothers have emerged as the number one target for West Bromwich Albion...
Logged Offline
Private Message
pizzzza
May 17, 2019, 11:51am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,700
Gold Stars: 137
Between them and Hughton by the looks of it, that would be a shame if they left Lincoln wouldn't it?
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 30
psgmariner
May 17, 2019, 11:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
The Cowley's are rumoured to have concerns about next year's budget.

Gareth Ainsworth already lined up.

Private Message
Reply: 2 - 30
1mickylyons
May 17, 2019, 12:11pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
I don`t mean to be cynical when I say but I believe the Cowleys have taken the Imps as far as they can ? Lincoln may get a Season or two in the Championship at some point but it`s doubtful and most definately unsustainable. The modern wages of these players mean you need gates in excess of 15k to compete and though at present their gates are superb they are a long way off having the capacity even if they had the fanbase to reach that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 30
MuddyWaters
May 17, 2019, 12:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
They'll be linked with Middlesbrough next. Pulis gone.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 30
Malta_Mariner_90
May 17, 2019, 12:20pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Juve job has just become available now as well! Talk about the Cowley's having plenty of options available to them!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 30
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
May 17, 2019, 12:33pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from 1mickylyons
I don`t mean to be cynical when I say but I believe the Cowleys have taken the Imps as far as they can ? Lincoln may get a Season or two in the Championship at some point but it`s doubtful and most definately unsustainable. The modern wages of these players mean you need gates in excess of 15k to compete and though at present their gates are superb they are a long way off having the capacity even if they had the fanbase to reach that.

If they were to do a Bournemouth they may need a Russian backer like they have. You can only grow a club so far before it needs much more money than it will ever make. But having said that, Bournemouth are not massive spenders and like Norwich they are investing heavily in their academy. I have no idea if Lincoln are doing that.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 30
Northbank Mariner
May 17, 2019, 12:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from psgmariner
The Cowley's are rumoured to have concerns about next year's budget.

Gareth Ainsworth already lined up.

That's a definite, in an interview he eluded to the budget being lower than they expected and that they had to "cut their cloth accordingly" as the chairman put it..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 30
1mickylyons
May 17, 2019, 12:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90
Juve job has just become available now as well! Talk about the Cowley's having plenty of options available to them!  

Anything with black and white stripes is too big for them ask Fenty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 30
1mickylyons
May 17, 2019, 12:42pm
Special Brew Drinker

If they were to do a Bournemouth they may need a Russian backer like they have. You can only grow a club so far before it needs much more money than it will ever make. But having said that, Bournemouth are not massive spenders and like Norwich they are investing heavily in their academy. I have no idea if Lincoln are doing that.

Lincoln appear to be doing a hell of a lot right off the field and only 3-4 years ago that wasn`t the case . I will be amazed if they are not looking to kick on with their academy don`t forget they just got a training ground sorted off the back of the FA Cup run.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 30
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › On a more positive note

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.