3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
May 16, 2019, 12:45pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Normally we have in the local rag the headline about record ST sales for this time of the year ,does this missing headline mean they have slowed down on previous efforts GTFC?
Logged Offline
Private Message
marinerdazza
May 16, 2019, 12:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,780
Gold Stars: 81
Dunno why that should be the case. The launch and subsequent marketing campaign has been seamless.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 28
lukeo
May 16, 2019, 1:02pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,342
Gold Stars: 141
I like to see how many we've sold but havent seen anything. A weekly update woulld be nice.. Doesn't change anything but it's just nice to know.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 28
jimgtfc
May 16, 2019, 1:42pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,076
Gold Stars: 44
I don’t think it makes particularly good press releasing a statement saying we’ve sold a couple of hundred season tickets. It usually just gets negative responses and comparisons with Lincoln.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 28
oochiad
May 16, 2019, 1:44pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,675
Gold Stars: 27
Well I’ve bought mine if that’s any help?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 28
MuddyWaters
May 16, 2019, 2:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from oochiad
Well I’ve bought mine if that’s any help?

I fully intend renewing but won't be doing so until I see some positive activity from the club. The fact that they needed a pretty substantial shove from the fans groups regarding monthly payments shows a serious lack of competence.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 28
pen penfras
May 16, 2019, 3:31pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I fully intend renewing but won't be doing so until I see some positive activity from the club. The fact that they needed a pretty substantial shove from the fans groups regarding monthly payments shows a serious lack of competence.

Zebra Finance, the company that did this for virtually every football club, only announced that they wouldn't be able to do it at the very end of March. So it's taken about 6 weeks to put something else into place, it's not like it's taken an age to get this sorted, and I would expect other clubs have had the same problem. I doubt it was possible to arrange something in a matter of days just because fans kicked off about it, and I'm sure it was already underway. As usual, the communication wasn't great, but I don't understand why everything has to be viewed so cynically.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 28
forza ivano
May 16, 2019, 3:34pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from pen penfras

Zebra Finance, the company that did this for virtually every football club, only announced that they wouldn't be able to do it at the very end of March. So it's taken about 6 weeks to put something else into place, it's not like it's taken an age to get this sorted, and I would expect other clubs have had the same problem. I doubt it was possible to arrange something in a matter of days just because fans kicked off about it, and I'm sure it was already underway. As usual, the communication wasn't great, but I don't understand why everything has to be viewed so cynically.

about 25 years of bitter experience of poor communications, lack of trust, dashed hopes, bitter disappointment, disillusionment and disengagement might start to explain the cynicism
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 28
pizzzza
May 16, 2019, 3:42pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,700
Gold Stars: 137
I'll be renewing but have little incentive to do so until the deadline approaches.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 28
LondonMariner43
May 16, 2019, 3:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
Normally they haven’t gone on sale at this point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 28
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ST Sales

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.