9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner93er
May 17, 2019, 5:42pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
Davis playing at centre back was one of the main reasons we ended our long losing streaks at the beginning of the season, and had a good spell throughout the middle of the season. After that he got injured and there was a lot of formation changes and chopping and changing. But when he was in a settled side he proved to be a very good centre back and one of our better players. I for one would be disappointed to see him go.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 82
moosey_club
May 17, 2019, 8:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
as someone else has mentioned, he and Hendrie are very good pals and i thought the two of them looked very happy and settled especially in the recent GTTV thing....very suprised if he wants to be off.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 82
GollyGTFC
May 17, 2019, 8:51pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
Davis is a good League Two defender and will be missed if he departs. Defence wasn't our problem this season. Scoring goals was the problem. Bury finished 2nd and conceded more goals than us.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 62 - 82
Roast Em Bobby
May 17, 2019, 8:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,706
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Mariner93er
Davis playing at centre back was one of the main reasons we ended our long losing streaks at the beginning of the season, and had a good spell throughout the middle of the season. After that he got injured and there was a lot of formation changes and chopping and changing. But when he was in a settled side he proved to be a very good centre back and one of our better players. I for one would be disappointed to see him go.

I agree, I think other posters are being harsh or there is a bit of sour grapes going on. It would be a shame if he left I think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 82
moosey_club
May 17, 2019, 9:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

I agree, I think other posters are being harsh or there is a bit of sour grapes going on. It would be a shame if he left I think.

like getting dumped by that bird that you never really fancied that much anyway and besides you always preferred her mate.. despite you having had a tattoo of her name under a dolphin on your back , cos she liked dolphins, but still not that bovvered cos theres plenty more fish in the sea named Chantelle who love dolphins too so the tattoo wont need a cover up ....not that i am bovvered ....or talking from personal experience...i had a mate once who did that...thats all..just saying

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 82
KingstonMariner
May 17, 2019, 10:06pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
She is a slag, he is a creep.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 82
chaos33
May 17, 2019, 10:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Davis is a good League Two defender and will be missed if he departs. Defence wasn't our problem this season. Scoring goals was the problem. Bury finished 2nd and conceded more goals than us.

This

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 82
wigworld
May 17, 2019, 11:45pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from KingstonMariner
She is a slag, he is a creep.

She's a tart, he's very cheap.

It's not fair.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 67 - 82
Davec
May 18, 2019, 8:43am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
I don't understand people saying our defence was good this season, it was average at best, yes I know we conceded less than Newport and Bury, but how much was down to Mckeown, I saw a stat in March April time which indicated Mckeown had made the most saves in the football league by about 30, Mckeown also won player of the year, a keeper doesn't win player of the year because the defence in front of him is solid and he doesn't need to make more saves than anybody else because the defence is solid in front of him, Improvements was needed in defence, midfield and up front.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 82
Roast Em Bobby
May 18, 2019, 9:20am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,706
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Davec
I don't understand people saying our defence was good this season, it was average at best, yes I know we conceded less than Newport and Bury, but how much was down to Mckeown, I saw a stat in March April time which indicated Mckeown had made the most saves in the football league by about 30, Mckeown also won player of the year, a keeper doesn't win player of the year because the defence in front of him is solid and he doesn't need to make more saves than anybody else because the defence is solid in front of him, Improvements was needed in defence, midfield and up front.

It could be argued though that the defenders had to win a lot more headers because Mckeown doesn't deal very well with crosses into the box.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 82
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harry Davis

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.