Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who remembers where they were 3 years ago today.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 208 Guests

Who remembers where they were 3 years ago today.

This thread currently has 3,631 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
May 15, 2019, 2:44pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,701
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from buckstown
On a plane coming back from Madrid. Took off about 15:00 and landed at 17:50. Booked the holiday weeks before but after the Bristol Rovers disappointment didn't mind if I missed it as I couldn't have handled losing again.
When we landed and I got a signal, my phone exploded with messages from my grandson with score updates. Trouble is the messages just said 1-0 etc. but not to who!
Watched the whole thing with my brother in law when we got in the house and got ratted. The JT commentary is still one of my best ever football memories
Went to Wembley the next week for the Halifax FA Trophy game and was really annoyed. Think most of the town boys must have been on the lash all week

They were. Apparently they had one training session, the day before the Trophy Final.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 26
Mariner Timsky
May 15, 2019, 2:53pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
And that was just a knock about in the pub car park!!  

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 26
promotion plaice
May 15, 2019, 10:27pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from buckstown
Went to Wembley the next week for the Halifax FA Trophy game and was really annoyed. Think most of the town boys must have been on the lash all week

I didn't care because we had won the big one, we watched the whole of the earlier Morpeth v Hereford game because my wife comes from the North East.
Great win for the underdogs Morpeth.

It was still a great day as Wembley held loads of free events, got my picture taken with the FA Cup for free  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 26
KingstonMariner
May 15, 2019, 10:51pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Now what was I doing 3 years ago......hmmmm.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 26
May 15, 2019, 11:47pm
Guest User
Will never forget that day, was sitting high up ito get signal in a half constructed hotel in Bali with patchy 3g crying my eyes out, one of my best memories ever.
Reply: 14 - 26
lukeo
May 16, 2019, 7:52am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 145
For me it wasnt just that goal aand promotion.. We, the fans also makes it a day I will never forget... Singing foor over an hour pre match in thhe concourse then virtually singing all game.. The goal, the fans and the promotion.. Amazing day.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 26
1mickylyons
May 16, 2019, 8:14am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from lukeo
For me it wasnt just that goal aand promotion.. We, the fans also makes it a day I will never forget... Singing foor over an hour pre match in thhe concourse then virtually singing all game.. The goal, the fans and the promotion.. Amazing day.

This. You can`t buy the support Town have and I`m not talking about the numbers the two sets of fans that day where a million miles apart . The Town support went to the game to get behind their team and get promotion back to where they belonged the FGR fans went for a nice day out . I went the following week and it was role reversal albeit with a similar number of fans the Town support were flat and their for a day out and a final farewell to non league .The Halifax fan`s wanted to win at all costs and spurred their team on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 26
Dan
May 16, 2019, 5:14pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
We had to travel to some obscure and weird places in our conferences days, and often the opposing teams brought more players than fans, but Paul Hurst built a proper team that had a cohesiveness I'd not seen for years before or in the years since. Players like McKeown, Disley, Amond, Bogle, Pearson will not be easily forgotten. There were some shitty times, but days like this made it worthwhile. I was in tears at Burton, and I was in tears this day too

I hope with time Jolley can build a similar team to the one Hurst did.

Happy memories.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 26
sydney
May 16, 2019, 6:06pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
May as well watch it for the 1,000,001st time
Almost makes all the suffering worth while
Can we have another day like that soon please?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 26
moosey_club
May 16, 2019, 6:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
seeing the very final images were you just catch a glimpse of the FGR end i am so glad they have just lost out again.....their rise needs to stop.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Who remembers where they were 3 years ago today.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.