This thread currently has 10,543 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
May 13, 2019, 2:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Of course it could it would also free up Fenty to concentrate on his political ambitions.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 40
rancido
May 13, 2019, 5:45pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,410
Gold Stars: 91
Wearing his GTFC hat, he is looking at other options.
Wearing his council (that he is deputy leader and regeneration portfolio holder of), Freeman street is the preferred option

Surely the fact he is a shareholder and Director of GTFC would preclude him from any voting decisions at Council level . I seem to recall that many years ago Liverpool ST holding  Councillors were not allowed to vote on a council proposal for a compulsory purchase order on properties in order for Anfield to be enlarged. This set a precedent that I do believe still applies.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 40
mimma
May 13, 2019, 6:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,532
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from rancido

Surely the fact he is a shareholder and Director of GTFC would preclude him from any voting decisions at Council level . I seem to recall that many years ago Liverpool ST holding  Councillors were not allowed to vote on a council proposal for a compulsory purchase order on properties in order for Anfield to be enlarged. This set a precedent that I do believe still applies.

You are correct sir. If you cast your mind back to the Great Coates debacle half the councillors had to leave the chamber when the stadium was discussed because they followed Town and were deemed to have a conflict of interest. This left the non football fraternity to have the decisions to make who didn't have a clue about what the club means to the community

. The rest is history
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 40
Mrs Doyle
May 13, 2019, 6:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 40
lew chaterleys lover
May 13, 2019, 7:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,499
Gold Stars: 229
Quoted from pen penfras

huh?

I think he pointing out the obvious - it would always mean a conflict of interest. Most people would have realised that long before now.

Since Fenty has been on the council, the club has benefited not one jot.  
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 40
pen penfras
May 13, 2019, 7:06pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -159
Gold Stars: 71

I think he pointing out the obvious - it would always mean a conflict of interest. Most people would have realised that long before now.

Since Fenty has been on the council, the club has benefited not one jot.  

Of course it was going to be, did Fenty say otherwise? It doesn't mean that it won't be of any benefit. It's a different party in control and one that thinks highly enough of JF to put him in a high position. The article mentions that the leader sees a community stadium as beneficial to the area.

Still a lot of hurdles to go before anything even starts to happen, but I'm more optimistic with a new council than what's been going on the last 20 years with the previous councils.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 40
Mrs Doyle
May 13, 2019, 7:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
I may have interpreted this wrong if so I apologise.  

He became a councillor soon after losing the Great coates project. I thought he did this to find out what goes on in the slimy s secret world of councils and brown envelopes.

If so I again apologise bu Just want GTFC TO COME UP TO DATE AND HAVE A STADIUM TO BE PROUD OF.

UTM Always.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 40
Fishy_fishtails
May 13, 2019, 8:33pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

Wow. Just wow. Pure hatred. Totally unnecessary to spout language like that. Call yourself an adult? I'm all for people having opinions, debates and suchlike and get that not everyone will ever like everyone and understand the ill feeling towards JF but what you have just written is horrible. There's a word for people like you = internet troll.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 40
promotion plaice
May 13, 2019, 8:50pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,952
Gold Stars: 188
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails

Wow. Just wow. Pure hatred. Totally unnecessary to spout language like that. Call yourself an adult? I'm all for people having opinions, debates and suchlike and get that not everyone will ever like everyone and understand the ill feeling towards JF but what you have just written is horrible. There's a word for people like you = internet troll.

I'm no Mr Fenty fan but I do agree with you on this one.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 40
moosey_club
May 13, 2019, 8:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,132
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from mimma

You are correct sir. If you cast your mind back to the Great Coates debacle half the councillors had to leave the chamber when the stadium was discussed because they followed Town and were deemed to have a conflict of interest. This left the non football fraternity to have the decisions to make who didn't have a clue about what the club means to the community

. The rest is history

We got planning permission for the site and then pulled out do you mean ?  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John Fenty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.