Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Net debt in the Fenty era
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 123 Guests

GTFC Net debt in the Fenty era

This thread currently has 21,894 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
1mickylyons
May 7, 2019, 12:13pm Report to Moderator
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +7,284
Mr Fenty often takes these sort of posts personally and that`s a shame (sometimes I can see why he does and don`t blame him at times) because if he was to read this thread objectively and discuss it with his board members/senior club staff they could see how easily they could improve things .JF could quite easily do his thing and send out some PM`s to people on the thread who he thinks have some good points and ask them directly to help . Everyone on this board even Swin want the very best for GTFC and they also accept that JF and his board want the same . Sadly the bridge between these two parties should be the Trust but that appears to be failing both parties for some reason also? I say this because once again were going over the same ground the same issues and few if any have ever been addressed to the satisfaction of those raising them. I put it to you Mr Fenty please read through this thread and call a meeting with the critics ASAP . No spin no BS just listen and if you don`t do anything else just please accept that the ticketing system and marketing from GTFC need massive improvement . UTM 1ML disgruntled STH
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 215
nealeardleyscrossing
May 7, 2019, 12:20pm Report to Moderator
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: -492
Quoted from OllieGTFC

Personally I think we will go out of business sooner than we think, if Lincoln can get the investment then surely we can 🤔 it doesn’t make sense really doesn’t, how about stop being stubborn and do the right thing, then maybe just maybe we may see the glory days back at our club and doubt we will be getting a new stadium with them figures

I could be wrong, but especially when he said Grimsby were 'of course' a bigger club than Lincoln - Didn't he?.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 215
1mickylyons
May 7, 2019, 12:24pm Report to Moderator
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +7,284

I could be wrong, but especially when he said Grimsby were 'of course' a bigger club than Lincoln - Didn't he?.

GTFC have been around for 140 year`s and have been bigger than you for 138 of them . Thankfully you and I won`t be around in 139 year`s time for you to tell me the Imps are a bigger Club historically
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 215
RoboCod
May 7, 2019, 12:24pm Report to Moderator
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.48
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,504
Quoted from rancido

My post in no way defends JF or the Board. Just pointing out it might be time to draw a line on events 15 to 20 years ago especially some years when he had no input or influence on the club. Unfortunately your reply brings up the whole human trait that " if you not on my side then you must be on the other side ". It's impossible on this site to be objective to an anti JF post without being accused of defending him- how sad that is.

Nonsense, you constantly defend him. It's a simple solution, given that the board situation is as murky as ever, and that it's close season and there are no matches to talk about and off the field stuff will be even more focussed on that you take a back seat from it, let the threads rumble on and let people let off steam about the dire situation of things.
15 years would be an awful long time to dig thigs up from in most arguments, however it's 15 years of my club being eroded and turned into a shadow of iself...we're talking about traits then I give you a couple..

“Manners and politeness will never become old-fashioned.” (Pin this on the wall behind JF and his cronies at the next fans forum)

and of course..
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

etc....it's gonna be a long message board summer for you I fear.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 215
GollyGTFC
May 7, 2019, 12:35pm Report to Moderator

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +861

I think the fact that in the last 50 league seasons LCFC have only been in a higher division than GTFC for 3 of those seasons suggests that is a correct opinion.

I am 38 and in the 39 league seasons I’ve lived in GTFC were in the 2nd tier tier for 18 of those seasons. During that time LCFC have had 6 seasons in 3rd tier, 26 in 4th tier & 7 in 5th tier.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 215
SomeSanity
May 7, 2019, 12:36pm Report to Moderator
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +309
FGR appointed Henry Staelen at the back end of last year as CEO. Hes in his early 30's and a wealth of business and digital experience. Football clubs constantly do what GTFC fail to do time and time again, and that is evolve. New people with up to date skills. The only person I would been on is the young marketing chap, who does offer something.

With the lack of new money coming in, the next thing is to look at  is the clubs current commercial activity simply isn't good enough. I'm terribly sorry John but the majority of your staff let you down. If the club commercially brought in what it could then people wouldn't be hounding you with the now standard questions I don't need to repeat. I've never seen a role advertised. Are they they advertised or it a closed shop? If so there is the first problem

I have a marketing and commercial background albeit not in sport, but I can think of 10 things the club could do to be more commercially viable. I have offered my advice to the club on a number of occasions and shot down repeatedly. I would be more than happy to put my ideas directly on here in a little presentation if you'd like? It doesn't take a lot to sort this sh*thousery out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 215
nealeardleyscrossing
May 7, 2019, 12:36pm Report to Moderator
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

GTFC have been around for 140 year`s and have been bigger than you for 138 of them . Thankfully you and I won`t be around in 139 year`s time for you to tell me the Imps are a bigger Club historically

, Your beginning to sound like a Liverpool fan Mickey. Seriously though, and its not about the different divisions we are in, our infrastructure is flying past Grimsby's at a rate of knots.

You've some really passionate supporters on here and I am hopeful that from your lowest ebb you can get going again, because you are a proper club. I think we had to hit rock bottom before we moved up, but as opposed to cup runs and crowd increases, I think it was the structure that was put in place, that gives us a state of the art training ground - etc etc.I listened to our chairman the other day saying the number of directors we allow on our board helps as we don't just have 1 income stream, but also the expertise it brings is worth it's weight.

I wondered how many games supporters would actually have to boycott to raise enough capital to buy the club to then pas , debt free, to someone to run it properly, someone with better maths than me would know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 215
nealeardleyscrossing
May 7, 2019, 12:38pm Report to Moderator
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I think the fact that in the last 50 league seasons LCFC have only been in a higher division than GTFC for 3 of those seasons suggests that is a correct opinion.

I am 38 and in the 39 league seasons I’ve lived in GTFC were in the 2nd tier tier for 18 of those seasons. During that time LCFC have had 6 seasons in 3rd tier, 26 in 4th tier & 7 in 5th tier.

And of course Id have agreed with you then, but now I wouldn't , your chairman would disagree though - He thinks Grimsby are a bigger club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 215
fishboyUTM
May 7, 2019, 12:41pm Report to Moderator
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: +225
Quoted from Gaffer58
To increase the playing budget we need to increase income, this is from gate increases , cup revenue or sponsorship, so we need to be like Man U and bring in lots of sponsors, I see Man U have tractor sponsors, drinks sponsors, in fact some company sponsors them for everything, this brings in over £100 million a year, so get the commercial dept out in the big wide world getting sponsors.

What do you think Dave Smith and the commercial team do every day? I hardly think they are likely to acquire Samsung or Nike as shirt sponsors, should they be travelling the globe meeting with CEO's of the biggest companies in the world?

We are Grimsby, not Man Utd!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 215
SomeSanity
May 7, 2019, 12:47pm Report to Moderator
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +309
Quoted from fishboyUTM

What do you think Dave Smith and the commercial team do every day? I hardly think they are likely to acquire Samsung or Nike as shirt sponsors, should they be travelling the globe meeting with CEO's of the biggest companies in the world?

We are Grimsby, not Man Utd!

I really don't know? You tell me? I've seen nothing change in the past decade
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 215
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Net debt in the Fenty era

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.