Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Net debt in the Fenty era
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 115 Guests

GTFC Net debt in the Fenty era

This thread currently has 21,892 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
May 7, 2019, 12:06am Report to Moderator

Posts Per Day: 2.49
Rep Score: +16 / -8
Approval: +9,135

It always makes me smile how after Getyourfactsright posts on here he is referred to as John rather than Fenty  

Sometimes it is the people no one imagines anything of who do the things that no-one can imagine
Alan Turing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 215
rancido
May 7, 2019, 7:16am Report to Moderator

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.33
Rep Score: +39 / -11
Approval: +3,535
I'm not defending JF in any way but this thread is based on an often occuring theme on here. It's almost like some one has a scab and keeps picking at it until it bleeds, waiting until it's almost healed and then constantly repeating the process just to prove it will bleed. A lot of posters say the club is stuck in the past in the way it operates but surely this is just dragging up the past over and over again.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 215
RoboCod
May 7, 2019, 7:21am Report to Moderator
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.48
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,504
Quoted from rancido
I'm not defending JF in any way but this thread is based on an often occuring theme on here. It's almost like some one has a scab and keeps picking at it until it bleeds, waiting until it's almost healed and then constantly repeating the process just to prove it will bleed. A lot of posters say the club is stuck in the past in the way it operates but surely this is just dragging up the past over and over again.

Your defence of Fenty and the board is the recurring theme. Read the title, decide its contents make you fed up and avoid.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 215
RoboCod
May 7, 2019, 7:26am Report to Moderator
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.48
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,504
Quoted from arryarryarry

After the debacles going on around the country with teams like Bolton, Bradford, Vale and Bury to mention just four I will accept that for now.
-
Don't you think that the running of the club the past 15 years has been one long debacle?

Exactly,and why are those 4 clubs always the yardstick? Why not Bristol Rovers, Luton, Tranmere, Leyton Orient and others, all clubs that have, or are set to ,BOUNCE out of the non-league with purpose and genuine momentum.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 215
dapperz fun pub
May 7, 2019, 7:54am Report to Moderator
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.79
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +6,424
Maybe what I was told by ex player that a takeover is on the way is true ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 215
1mickylyons
May 7, 2019, 8:04am Report to Moderator
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +7,284
Quoted from Bigdog

I'm sorry John but you're actually talking bolllocks here. Of course dropping into the Conference cost the club over three million in lost INCOME. You never get your head around this at all. You think it's ok to lose out on the income by cutting overheads to balance the P & L. If we had stayed up, of course a good percentage of the lost 3 mill inccome would have gone on a higher playing budget and the balance could have been spent on youth or small infrastructure projects like disabled facilities etc. The product on the pitch would have been better for the fans to watch (but let's not worry about the fans eh?) and the fans wouldn't have to go through the embarrassment of the club they love dropping out of the league (but let's not worry about the fans eh?). The club didn't lose any money because overheads were cut accordingly, but to say that the club didn't lose out on 3 mill plus of income is a complete untruth. The fans paid for it watching a devalued product for six years but it didn't cost you a penny. Ringfence your 2 mill but never ringfence the product. Double standards and you try to play the victim.

Telling fans to give it a rest when we've finished in the bottom half of League Two or in the fifth tier for about the nineteenth season out of twenty? You're in complete denial. Why don't you give us all a break and start doing your job better and get some external investment secured eh? If you find it so "never as simple as it looks", why not step aside find us someone who will make it look a whole lot easier. Poor old John again while we're the ones suffering season after season..

I wonder what the difference in income on average away support to BP over 6 seasons league 2 vs Conference would be ? Perhaps Les could bail me out but I would think away support must average at least 200 extra per game for League 2 over a Season lets say £20 a ticket x 23 x 6 = £552K without any of those fans buying a programme or something to eat or drink. Like you say that`s not to mention the absolute shame and misery the home support had to endure being in that flipping cesspit.Thanks John  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 215
1mickylyons
May 7, 2019, 8:08am Report to Moderator
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
Fenty has just shown how out of touch with reality he really is.  He does not have the ability to run a successful football club.

May I just ask how have you come to that conclusion please?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 215
1mickylyons
May 7, 2019, 8:15am Report to Moderator
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from SomeSanity

I agree with all this. Take away lack of new money into the club from owners and directors (this isn’t a dig at JF or any of the directors) I have always thought that the bigger issue that the club isn’t commercially viable. That comes from the fact the club is run day to day by the old boys club.. yes town fans (real town fans obviously) and an ex player. But no real commercial experience and obviously devout of ideas. People can blame JF all they like but he doesn’t run the club day to day.. no amount of red crosses will make this fact less true. The clubs off the field staffing should be questioned.

Plenty of us have pointed this out and being saying it for year`s and the failure to address this issue is one of my biggest gripes about Mr Fenty`s control of the Club . Whatever faults the bloke has he seems very loyal to his staff when clearly a change of direction and a massive injection of energy is required in that area of the Club. FFS get someone else in on a proper salary with performance related bonuses John you might be suprised ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 215
1mickylyons
May 7, 2019, 8:25am Report to Moderator
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from rancido

This is an independent forum and I applaud Mr Fenty for coming on and answering his critics . I hope he does read the posts on this thread there are a good few that should he choose to explore could actually improve things for OUR football club . Sadly poking him with a sharp stick  (Golly stats,money) seems to be the only way we can get a response and any answers .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 215
bedders78
May 7, 2019, 9:21am Report to Moderator
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +284
Quoted from HackneyHaddock

-  Appoint someone with experience in Business-to-consumer sales or customer relationship management and task them with mapping out and growing the fan base.  Could be simple things like analysing the buying patterns of some people (when I call, the club have my details and know what I've bought before) and then upselling them.  Do we know the average age of a STH, or where they live?
- See if it's possible to bring in an independent person to pick apart every stage of the club's sales process and customer experience, both match day and non match day, and make some recommendations for improvement.

I've been to probably 75% of the home league fixtures this season, I don't have a season ticket mainly because I don't know who will be coming with me (1-6 others) and we want to sit together.  I always buy in advance, usually on the website, but occasionally over the phone.  We went in for the 'selection box' offer at xmas as it suited our needs.  

1. I have never been asked why I don't have a season ticket despite being a regular attender.
2. I have no idea if I did get a season ticket if I could move it on a match by match basis to sit with my family.
3. The ticketing system was bought from Noah who used it for booking animals onto the ark and urgently needs updating.  It is costing the club sales, good will and office staff time. This is a solved problem, off the shelf systems exist.
4. My kids go to local schools, promote the club, use the fact that the school has 2x u12s, 1x u15, etc.  Have a training session on the school playing fields.
5. Use the fanbase.  I'd quite happily proofread press releases, ask for volunteers, have them sign confidentiality agreements, have a list, email it out to 10 people.  Publish once you have 5 replies.  Exiles could do scouting reports.  Humour the rubbish ones, pay some expenses to the good ones.

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 215
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Net debt in the Fenty era

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.