Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Net debt in the Fenty era
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 54 Guests

GTFC Net debt in the Fenty era

This thread currently has 21,897 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Bigdog
May 20, 2019, 9:36pm Report to Moderator
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +32 / -1
Approval: +9,000
Quoted from The Old Codger

You just don’t get it, do you? Why do use history to feed negativity? I could give you a list of names who won’t go to BP while you and your cronies are running the club, people who have supported the club for years who aren’t prepared to cough up to support a badly run club in a decrepit stadium.

It's to justify their existence OC. They're pushing me to the point of thinking about letting the club go myself and giving up the fight for progression and change. Just too frustrating and not good for the blood pressure. Seriously thinking about doing something else on Saturdays next season. Sticks in the craw after 50 years of loyal support but I can't stand much more of this board and its cronies pushing back against the fanbase all of the time when they're backed up by the most appalling record in the club's history..

Spent the past three years on here trying to shake things up when it comes to the ownership and the running of the club.. but nothing's going to change is it? It's totally futile as they're in complete denial and going to kill our club in the end..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 215
denni266
May 20, 2019, 9:48pm Report to Moderator

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +12 / -12
Approval: +517
I dont know about others on here, but money is used for more than the playing side, and yes we do need a new ground. But it will never ever have the same atmosphere as a packed Barrat stand on a cold tuesday night. With all the long lost funny one liners coming out , and the singing would often show up the pontoon stand.. Had some magic night in there that i would not change for anything
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 215
Northbank Mariner
May 20, 2019, 9:52pm Report to Moderator
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.06
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,724
Quoted from Bigdog

It's to justify their existence OC. They're pushing me to the point of thinking about letting the club go myself and giving up the fight for progression and change. Just too frustrating and not good for the blood pressure. Seriously thinking about doing something else on Saturdays next season. Sticks in the craw after 50 years of loyal support but I can't stand much more of this board and its cronies pushing back against the fanbase all of the time when they're backed up by the most appalling record in the club's history..

Spent the past three years on here trying to shake things up when it comes to the ownership and the running of the club.. but nothing's going to change is it? It's totally futile as they're in complete denial and going to kill our club in the end..

But would that not be playing into their hands BD??..you get the feeling that if they push against the tide for long enough then those of us that push for change will just walk away, washing our hands with it all and leaving those around the table being in a position to do as they please with no opposition, no questions and fans who have no voice left to pick up the pieces while we watch "OUR" club pale into the abyss of non league and probably end up as the next North Ferriby...all I can end this with is a massive thank you to the board that killed the club.. thank you very much...for such complete incompetence and watching GTFC go to the walls....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 215
KingstonMariner
May 20, 2019, 10:25pm Report to Moderator
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.88
Rep Score: +37 / -7
Approval: +13,970
Quoted from pen penfras

In the last 60 years, there have been only 4 seasons averaging over 10k. The last time was 38 years ago. There's no basis to your claim that we'd be better supported with better leadership because even when we were good, without all the bad PR and bad running of the club, we weren't well supported.

Why have most other clubs managed to increase attendances in the last 20/30 years? I take your point that we haven't had good crowds for a long time, but that's not to say we couldn't again with the right attitude, plans and good execution.

Instead, you'd rather accept low crowds, poor perfomances on and off the pitch, and poor public relations, all becuase it means you and your cronies are still in charge of the club.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 215
1mickylyons
May 21, 2019, 7:16am Report to Moderator
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +7,284
Quoted from Bigdog

Sadly the numbers of us feeling exactly the same is growing. I have zero interest in renewing my ST due to the way the Clubs been run with no sign or willingness to change from those within . After 40 years following Town I only expect to bother attending 2-3 games next Season and I live in Grimsby .Now when those people down tools and CBA I think the Club has got a problem especially after they stuck by the Club for 6 years in non league . The alarm bells should be ringing loud and clear CAN YOU HEAR ME MR FENTY?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 215
fleabag1970
May 21, 2019, 7:32am Report to Moderator
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Mr fenty will only panic if only 1000 season tickets get sold . . It's in your hands guys don't waste your vote .

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 195 - 215
1mickylyons
May 21, 2019, 8:30am Report to Moderator
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +43 / -12
Approval: +7,284
Quoted from fleabag1970
Mr fenty will only panic if only 1000 season tickets get sold . . It's in your hands guys don't waste your vote .

I think it`s the only way to make him sit up and listen however the problem is the effect that will have on the team etc but sometimes you have to go back to move forward like Lincoln did.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 215
rancido
May 21, 2019, 8:47am Report to Moderator

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.33
Rep Score: +39 / -11
Approval: +3,535
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I think it`s the only way to make him sit up and listen however the problem is the effect that will have on the team etc but sometimes you have to go back to move forward like Lincoln did.

But do you think that the risk of going back to non-league , due to reduced income , is worth it just to replace JF who has said he wants out anyway?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 215
mirrorballman
May 21, 2019, 8:58am Report to Moderator
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +305
John Fenty is in the paper this morning.

“We are looking for someone who has the same heart and desire for the club to progress. The board has held discussions with interested parties and we have said what understanding we want to see and what aspirations they have, backed with a business plan."

Where is your business plan, John? Where is your desire for the club to progress manifested in any type of plan?

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.c.....stment-talks-2888838
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 215
mariner91
May 21, 2019, 9:36am Report to Moderator
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 3.10
Rep Score: +74 / -9
Approval: +10,904
Anyone else uncomfortable with the fact the board who have proved completely unable to run this club are the ones deciding who's plan is the right one to move it forward?

Grimsby till I die.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 215
22 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GTFC Net debt in the Fenty era

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.