3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Abdul19
May 6, 2019, 3:35pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
I thought Sol was a bit of an oddball and it was an experiment that would last marginally longer than his spell at Notts County. But he's done a cracking job, fair play!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
grimsby pete
May 6, 2019, 3:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
You don't know me and thank fur the lord I don't know you...you are the most unpleasant man(I use that term so very loosely) I have had the displeasure of sharing a forum with...
Why, as a Grimsby Town fan would I openly praise the opponents manager when all I want us the best for my club...I don't care for other teams, managers, clubs, if others are doing well, then good for them but I will not take the time to praise them on what is a forum for GTFC fans and supporters...
So pig headed, far from it, stubborn is way off the mark and a fornicator?... absolutely at every opportunity when the wife lets me, which if yours did maybe you wouldn't be so poisonous!!!

I know you Jeff and I also know  Swin would you like me to introduce him to you if we are all at the same game ?

He is not like  most on here think he is because he is a really  nice bloke and my 10year old granddaughter likes him too,  Oh he is an author she said when I showed her Swins book he can sign one for me too Luna thought he was giving them away when I said he was going to sign my copy.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
RoboCod
May 6, 2019, 3:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
He's ground lots of draws out so he's toughened them up for sure but surely Yeovil's no wins/4 points gained in the last 11 games of the season is the biggest factor in why Macc stayed up.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
Northbank Mariner
May 6, 2019, 3:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from grimsby pete

I know you Jeff and I also know  Swin would you like me to introduce him to you if we are all at the same game ?

He is not like  most on here think he is because he is a really  nice bloke and my 10year old granddaughter likes him too,  Oh he is an author she said when I showed her Swins book he can sign one for me too Luna thought he was giving them away when I said he was going to sign my copy.

Pete, I'd have no issue meeting Swin but I do take umbrage to personal insults...
To Swin, I meant no personal defamation and if I have caused offence I openly apologise but when backed into a corner I come out fighting...and I felt that calling me and many others stubborn, pig headed fornicators over stepped the mark if common decency
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
lee65
May 6, 2019, 4:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,450
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from RoboCod
He's ground lots of draws out so he's toughened them up for sure but surely Yeovil's no wins/4 points gained in the last 11 games of the season is the biggest factor in why Macc stayed up.

4 points from a possible 33 is definitely a major factor, didn't realise it was that bad  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
May 6, 2019, 4:22pm
Guest User
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

To be honest I don't give 2 fcuks about Sol Campbell or Macclesfield...I care about Grimsby Town Football Club, end of!!...what your aiming at is a back door way of piling condemnation on Jolley as every poster in here knows you have no time or a decent word for the man...you'd rather praise an opponents manager than your own...sad, sad times in afraid .

Well said, Ipswin just likes to moan about the best team in the World. VAR rules.
Reply: 15 - 20
The Boys Paddock
May 6, 2019, 5:08pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -964
who gives a excrement?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
KingstonMariner
May 6, 2019, 5:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Must admit I thought Sol was a bit of an egocentric nutjob with his talk the other year about being unfairly treated. Whatever the demerits of Yeovil and their hand in Macc's survival, Macclesfield still ended above Notts County who would probably have 3 times the budget if they just spent what they could afford based on attendances (let alone additional money pumped in).

Great acheivement.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
Posh Harry
May 6, 2019, 8:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,327
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from Ipswin

Absolutely not, total balderdash. I simply want to point out how a man who virtually every fornicator on here was deriding and slagging off as a no hoper saved a club from almost certain relegation. He deserves some praise but of course fornicators like you are too pig headed or stubborn to admit it.

You will find I praised Jolley when we avoided relegation (although our position was never as desperate as Macclesfield's) and if he ever achieves anything else I will praise him for that too

I don’t think people on here  were calling him a no hoper at all. Deluded, arrogant, self obsessed, massive chip on his shoulder, absolutely. But not a no hoper.

I think he has done a good job, but as someone else as pointed out, if it wasn’t for Yeovil self combusting after Christmas, he would have taken them down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
Mrs Doyle
May 6, 2019, 11:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I must say it makes a pleasant change to have a successful youth. Academy to draw on if needed. Neil Woods as done an outstanding job here. So MJ if needed can use and utralise this brilliant resources. Yep MJ will need some talent  expirenced players but now you can see we are building from substantial foundations. This season could be good..  UTM. Always.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Well done Macclesfield

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.