3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Ipswin
May 6, 2019, 12:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
A mention for Macclesfield surviving from what appeared to be an impossible position and well done also to Sol Campbell who many wanted (and expected) to fail

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
sonofmadeleymariner
May 6, 2019, 12:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
You could see the difference Campbell made when Macc came to us after his appointment, completely different team, harder to break down moved the ball better then we did that day and their movement off the ball was superb.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
marinerdazza
May 6, 2019, 12:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,847
Gold Stars: 82
Yep, I’ll hold my hands up to being completely wrong about him. A couple of Town fans shouted “Well played Sol” to him on their way out after the Macclesfield home game. Impossible to disagree with the sentiment. Brilliant job. And they weren’t being paid.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
devs
May 6, 2019, 1:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 30
Great job
Buckley said on RH one of the best teams he saw at BP
Proved I think that he just wanted a break in the game - not exactly top of your list for managerial jobs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
MeanwoodMariner
May 6, 2019, 2:44pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
So, Ipswin considers 3rd bottom of league 2 to be success...  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
Ipswin
May 6, 2019, 3:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner
So, Ipswin considers 3rd bottom of league 2 to be success...  

You don't think he's done well then?

Frankly I'd consider it a success if Town finished 22nd every year rather than 23rd or 24th (ask Yeovil or Notts County supporters hwo they would feel)

Some clearly find it hard to admit but Campbell has done a very good job

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
Northbank Mariner
May 6, 2019, 3:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Ipswin

You don't think he's done well then?

Frankly I'd consider it a success if Town finished 22nd every year rather than 23rd or 24th (ask Yeovil or Notts County supporters hwo they would feel)

Some clearly find it hard to admit but Campbell has done a very good job

To be honest I don't give 2 fcuks about Sol Campbell or Macclesfield...I care about Grimsby Town Football Club, end of!!...what your aiming at is a back door way of piling condemnation on Jolley as every poster in here knows you have no time or a decent word for the man...you'd rather praise an opponents manager than your own...sad, sad times in afraid .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
Ipswin
May 6, 2019, 3:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

To be honest I don't give 2 fcuks about Sol Campbell or Macclesfield...I care about Grimsby Town Football Club, end of!!...what your aiming at is a back door way of piling condemnation on Jolley as every poster in here knows you have no time or a decent word for the man...you'd rather praise an opponents manager than your own...sad, sad times in afraid .

Absolutely not, total balderdash. I simply want to point out how a man who virtually every fornicator on here was deriding and slagging off as a no hoper saved a club from almost certain relegation. He deserves some praise but of course fornicators like you are too pig headed or stubborn to admit it.

You will find I praised Jolley when we avoided relegation (although our position was never as desperate as Macclesfield's) and if he ever achieves anything else I will praise him for that too

Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
Northbank Mariner
May 6, 2019, 3:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
You don't know me and thank fur the lord I don't know you...you are the most unpleasant man(I use that term so very loosely) I have had the displeasure of sharing a forum with...
Why, as a Grimsby Town fan would I openly praise the opponents manager when all I want us the best for my club...I don't care for other teams, managers, clubs, if others are doing well, then good for them but I will not take the time to praise them on what is a forum for GTFC fans and supporters...
So pig headed, far from it, stubborn is way off the mark and a fornicator?... absolutely at every opportunity when the wife lets me, which if yours did maybe you wouldn't be so poisonous!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
Rick12
May 6, 2019, 3:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Pleased for Sol that he kept them up.Those in the game who know him said he is a nice person which is key.I always want the nice ones to do well.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Well done Macclesfield

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.