Guest User
James McKeown unbelievable.
kamakazebear
May 4, 2019, 5:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +457
First half I think they were one of the worst teams I've seen at BP this season! Absolutely awful.

Just showed you how a keeper can win and lose games, theirs was terrible today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
promotion plaice
May 4, 2019, 5:36pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,956
Gold Stars: 189

Enjoyed it today for a change...it gave me a bit of optimism for next season.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
MuddyWaters
May 4, 2019, 5:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Nothing game, thought Max Wright did ok, Whitmore was my MoM till 70 minutes but Macca made three great saves thereafter. Mention for Joe Grayson who looks a better bet at left wing back than Ring, decent set piece delivery too.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
Spatchcock
May 4, 2019, 5:52pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +32
Gold Stars: 10
Macca outstanding today. Cardwell can his bags for all I care. Brings nothing to the team. Future looks bright with Max Wright. Thought Burrell also did well during his short stint on the pitch.

Crewe were very poor today. Was expecting another defeat.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
sonofmadeleymariner
May 4, 2019, 5:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
Wind played a big part today for both teams. Macca made 5 or 6 big saves in second half. We played some great football at times and scored two good goals.

Wright looked bright, thought Cardwell had a decent game certainly the second half won a few headers this week and statted some good link up play and Hess once again had a good game he was all over and deserved that goal at the end which wasn't given.

Ref had a decent game as well but should of let the game flow a little. All in all a good game, not much to moan about and plenty of good things to talk about.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
golfer
May 4, 2019, 6:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,376
Gold Stars: 112
Macca unbelievable.  Defence played very well. Grayson [although not as fast as I was expecting] had a good game-good partnership with Wright. Every Town player wanted to win this match and even Woodford was getting stuck in. A very enjoyable game under extremely difficult conditions. Freezing cold in the Upper so I'm not going anymore this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
jimgtfc
May 4, 2019, 6:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,010
Gold Stars: 40
Decent game spoilt by the wind. Some real positives from that though, I liked the way we stopped them trying to play out from the back by man marking and pressing high. Then trying to play when we had the ball. Individually, Macca was outstanding with a string of top saves, RHJ looked very comfortable back at right back and Hendrie seemed to look better in CM than he has in recent weeks. Davis and Whitmore were solid and give MJ a real headache as to who he’s going to keep on in the central defensive positions. Grayson is very comfortable on the ball but defensively he gets caught out a lot, he’s got no pace at all and against any half decent wingers with pace he’d be a liability. Clifton showed great energy, but the conditions didn’t help his limited passing range. Hess battled along side him and is always neat and tidy but we desperately need that central midfield creator who can spot the through ball in behind the defenders, we play too many safe passes at times. Impressed with Max on the wing, he looks positive and clever. He knows when to lay it back simple and when to turn and run the full back, a very encouraging full debut. Vernam on the other side again looks better when running at defenders from wide positions as opposed to having his back to goal up front. Cardwell tried hard and was unlucky not to score, could be argued that he should’ve done though. We definitely need better options up there though if we’re to progress next season. Good cameo from Burrell who certainly wasn’t afraid of putting himself about. Nice to see DC and Wooly get run outs on probably there last games for the club.

We must’ve had one of the youngest average aged teams we’ve had for years today. 3 academy graduates making appearances and another 2 on the bench, on the same day the youths win the league. Other young players like RHJ and Vernam continue to improve. Good day for the club, although it’s not been pretty this season we are making progress.

UTM

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
jonnyboy82
May 4, 2019, 6:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Decentish performance against a crewe side who let's be honest didn't give a damn..

But how on earth is Harry cardwell a professional footballer?

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
wiggers
May 4, 2019, 6:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +460
Gold Stars: 11
I thought Harry Cardwell had a decent enough game today. Never stopped running, won lots of headers and played in teammates. He’s never going to score lots of goals but was a handful for the Crewe defence. If you get players around him to feed off when he wins it and holds it up he could actually be a good player to have in the team. I thought everyone in a Town shirt had a good game today. Hess was fantastic in the middle and would have been my pick for mom but for Macca pulling off at least 6 really great saves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
wiggers
May 4, 2019, 6:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +460
Gold Stars: 11
I thought Harry Cardwell had a decent enough game today. Never stopped running, won lots of headers and played in teammates. He’s never going to score lots of goals but was a handful for the Crewe defence. If you get players around him to feed off when he wins it and holds it up he could actually be a good player to have in the team. I thought everyone in a Town shirt had a good game today. Hess was fantastic in the middle and would have been my pick for mom but for Macca pulling off at least 6 really great saves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
moosey_club
May 4, 2019, 6:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
I tend to criticize Macca....maybe overly.....not to fking day....ridiculous display...even their offside chances he saved ...take a bow son !!!!

Hard working display...nice football.

Scunny going down party in Society right now

UTM

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 21
golfer
May 4, 2019, 6:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,376
Gold Stars: 112
I don't rate Cardwell particularly highly but today I don't think he did anything really wrong, Runs his socks off but like our forwards all season didn't get much of a supply.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
londonmariner2
May 4, 2019, 6:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Approval: -24
Gold Stars: 1
I thought Cardwell played well today. Won a lot of headers, closed down there defenders and did some good link up play. Leave him alone and give him a chance to develop.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 21
londonmariner2
May 4, 2019, 6:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Approval: -24
Gold Stars: 1
I thought Cardwell played well today. Won a lot of headers, closed down there defenders and did some good link up play. Leave him alone and give him a chance to develop.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 21
friskneymariner
May 4, 2019, 7:01pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,136
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from moosey_club
I tend to criticize Macca....maybe overly.....not to fking day....ridiculous display...even their offside chances he saved ...take a bow son !!!!

Hard working display...nice football.

Scunny going down party in Society right now

UTM

The first shot wasn't offside it was only their player who hit the rebound.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
May 4, 2019, 8:31pm
Guest User
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Decentish performance against a crewe side who let's be honest didn't give a damn..

But how on earth is Harry cardwell a professional footballer?

Some were saying the same about Matt last year 16 goals this year.
Reply: 16 - 21
hampshiremariner
May 4, 2019, 8:53pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,005
Gold Stars: 35
From a distance, thanks for all the reports of the game and the opinions expressed. Crewe have been a bit of a bogey side to us so a 2-0 win is great. Macca has had a magnificent season and I wonder how many of our points tally are down to him? Very encouraging to see the youngsters in the team and on the bench. I hope they get more chances next season. With slightly more experience we might have made the play-offs. We have as many as teams around us and above. If some of those defeats could have been draws it would have been interesting to see where it took us. It has been frustrating at times this season but the core support of this club is quite amazing. Hope we can challenge at the top next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 21
HertsGTFC
May 4, 2019, 8:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Shame the wind was so bad as I think looking at the intention & effort of the players weather permitting it would have been a bigger score line.

Macca superb, Clifton more advanced in the first half showed up and young Max gave us a glimpse.

Only downer was it was fukin freezing and Hess didn’t score at the end.

To put this into context to where we finished the season I think that’s possibly the youngest starting 11 I’ve seen in ages if not ever.

UTM!!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
jamesgtfc
May 4, 2019, 10:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,813
Gold Stars: 187
Burrell seemed to have the bit between his teeth when he came on.

Looked much more confident and has probably given MJ a headache for next season. The key to the result lied between both sticks and for Macca's heroics, Jääskeläinen looked poor.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
KingstonMariner
May 4, 2019, 10:50pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Burrell seemed to have the bit between his teeth when he came on.

Looked much more confident and has probably given MJ a headache for next season. The key to the result lied between both sticks and for Macca's heroics, Jääskeläinen looked poor.

Someone who knows how to spell it properly.  

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 21
FishOutOfWater
May 4, 2019, 11:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Someone who knows how to spell it properly.  

What? No "s" on the end of it?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.