This thread currently has 6,027 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
wiggers
May 4, 2019, 6:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 11
I thought Harry Cardwell had a decent enough game today. Never stopped running, won lots of headers and played in teammates. He’s never going to score lots of goals but was a handful for the Crewe defence. If you get players around him to feed off when he wins it and holds it up he could actually be a good player to have in the team. I thought everyone in a Town shirt had a good game today. Hess was fantastic in the middle and would have been my pick for mom but for Macca pulling off at least 6 really great saves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
moosey_club
May 4, 2019, 6:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
I tend to criticize Macca....maybe overly.....not to fking day....ridiculous display...even their offside chances he saved ...take a bow son !!!!

Hard working display...nice football.

Scunny going down party in Society right now

UTM

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 21
golfer
May 4, 2019, 6:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
I don't rate Cardwell particularly highly but today I don't think he did anything really wrong, Runs his socks off but like our forwards all season didn't get much of a supply.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
londonmariner2
May 4, 2019, 6:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -24
Gold Stars: 1
I thought Cardwell played well today. Won a lot of headers, closed down there defenders and did some good link up play. Leave him alone and give him a chance to develop.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 21
londonmariner2
May 4, 2019, 6:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -24
Gold Stars: 1
I thought Cardwell played well today. Won a lot of headers, closed down there defenders and did some good link up play. Leave him alone and give him a chance to develop.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 21
friskneymariner
May 4, 2019, 7:01pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from moosey_club
I tend to criticize Macca....maybe overly.....not to fking day....ridiculous display...even their offside chances he saved ...take a bow son !!!!

Hard working display...nice football.

Scunny going down party in Society right now

UTM

The first shot wasn't offside it was only their player who hit the rebound.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
May 4, 2019, 8:31pm
Guest User
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Decentish performance against a crewe side who let's be honest didn't give a damn..

But how on earth is Harry cardwell a professional footballer?

Some were saying the same about Matt last year 16 goals this year.
Reply: 16 - 21
hampshiremariner
May 4, 2019, 8:53pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,056
Gold Stars: 35
From a distance, thanks for all the reports of the game and the opinions expressed. Crewe have been a bit of a bogey side to us so a 2-0 win is great. Macca has had a magnificent season and I wonder how many of our points tally are down to him? Very encouraging to see the youngsters in the team and on the bench. I hope they get more chances next season. With slightly more experience we might have made the play-offs. We have as many as teams around us and above. If some of those defeats could have been draws it would have been interesting to see where it took us. It has been frustrating at times this season but the core support of this club is quite amazing. Hope we can challenge at the top next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 21
HertsGTFC
May 4, 2019, 8:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Shame the wind was so bad as I think looking at the intention & effort of the players weather permitting it would have been a bigger score line.

Macca superb, Clifton more advanced in the first half showed up and young Max gave us a glimpse.

Only downer was it was fukin freezing and Hess didn’t score at the end.

To put this into context to where we finished the season I think that’s possibly the youngest starting 11 I’ve seen in ages if not ever.

UTM!!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
jamesgtfc
May 4, 2019, 10:43pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Burrell seemed to have the bit between his teeth when he came on.

Looked much more confident and has probably given MJ a headache for next season. The key to the result lied between both sticks and for Macca's heroics, Jääskeläinen looked poor.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.