3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
fiveallive
May 3, 2019, 2:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Sebastian Ring hopefully he proves me wrong but haven't been impressed so far.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 29
oochiad
May 3, 2019, 3:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,647
Gold Stars: 27
For me Cardwell is the least I’m impressed with. Such an important position and he just doesn’t seem anywhere near the mark if we’re to push for the top.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 29
Mariner93er
May 3, 2019, 3:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,674
Gold Stars: 28
I think Ring has to be given a pre season before judging him. He's come into s team which by all accounts hasn't been performing well, into a wing back position with no pre season as the season ended months before in Sweden.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 29
Madeleymariner
May 3, 2019, 5:28pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 49
Why keep Cook he seems to be permanently out injured
We need players who are fit to start 40 games a year
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 29
Ashby mariner
May 3, 2019, 5:41pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +447
Gold Stars: 7
I would send rose and cardwell out on loan.
Out of the players out of contract I'd show the door to Wolford, Collins, Thomas and Whitmore.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 29
LondonMariner43
May 3, 2019, 5:56pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,891
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Get rid of Collins, Ring, Cardwell, Woolford and Cook.

Cook - featured in one of our best periods of the season and has been unlucky with injuries.

Ring - played half a season in English football. Too early to judge.

Woolford - versatile experienced player - we need some of these in what is likely to be a very young squad.

Cardwell - just signed a new contract so whatever anyone thinks he is likely to be here but I think he may go out on loan next year.

Collins - likely to be released.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 29
jamesgtfc
May 3, 2019, 6:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,815
Gold Stars: 187
Cook is 29 and played 215 professional games, scoring 24 goals. He had a 3 year stint where he played 30+ games per season but other than that, he hasn't really played much football and you have to ask yourself why?

For me he is one of them players that can do a job in a number of positions but doesn't actually excel in any position.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 29
Northbank Mariner
May 3, 2019, 6:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Cook is 29 and played 215 professional games, scoring 24 goals. He had a 3 year stint where he played 30+ games per season but other than that, he hasn't really played much football and you have to ask yourself why?

For me he is one of them players that can do a job in a number of positions but doesn't actually excel in any position.

He's a hustle and bustle kind of player, when fit (which isn't very often) is a nightmare for defences and he's not a striker, winger midfielder, but played alongside an out n out forward I think he'd be a right asset... unfortunately though I think his injury record doesn't stand him in good stead as a long term option and expect Jolley to try and move him on in the summer..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 29
jock dock tower
May 3, 2019, 7:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
I'm always amazed by this type of post, because what the original poster is asking for is who to sack from their job on a very public forum. There's no other occupation like that, and every company I've ever dealt with has a very clearly defined procedure for getting rid of employees they don't want to keep, either through redundancy or disciplinary measures. Whichever way they choose, it's confidential, and any mitigating factors that could affect performance are taken into account.

So it's a very simple request, please don't do this. If a player is having personal issues which might affect their performance - it could be mental health, it could be family problems, it could be one of many things - why would you wish to compound it all by picking them to pieces online? If they are getting support from the club for whatever reason, if they are getting slaughtered on here, do you think it's going to make their situation any easier? Of course it isn't. Moan about them if you must, but please, not in public like this.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 29
Stadium
May 3, 2019, 9:47pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from jock dock tower
I'm always amazed by this type of post, because what the original poster is asking for is who to sack from their job on a very public forum. There's no other occupation like that, and every company I've ever dealt with has a very clearly defined procedure for getting rid of employees they don't want to keep, either through redundancy or disciplinary measures. Whichever way they choose, it's confidential, and any mitigating factors that could affect performance are taken into account.

So it's a very simple request, please don't do this. If a player is having personal issues which might affect their performance - it could be mental health, it could be family problems, it could be one of many things - why would you wish to compound it all by picking them to pieces online? If they are getting support from the club for whatever reason, if they are getting slaughtered on here, do you think it's going to make their situation any easier? Of course it isn't. Moan about them if you must, but please, not in public like this.

Surely a wind up??
It's an internet forum,fan speculation & not part of any internal club procedures.
Pales in to insignificance to some of the absolute garbage posted on here.
Are you actually suggesting that posters should not voice their opinions on who should be playing for the club in the future??

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 29
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Next Season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.