Northbank Mariner
May 3, 2019, 11:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from forza ivano

good stuff - perhaps we can repeat the exercise in a couple of months once we know the make up of next years squad?

here's my early prediction (although don't know if it'd be 'proveable') Whitehouse won't be the disley/waters/groves/bolland type midfield character many are expecting. i think we're building him up far too much

Once we know our squad I will gladly go toe to toe again..
As for Whitehouse, from what I have read I think he is the same sort of player as Clifton, box to box and full of running with the odd goal chucked in..just hope Jolley doesn't see fit to drop Clifton and automatically give Whitehouse the shirt without him proving himself first..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 48
Stadium
May 3, 2019, 12:36pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from diehardmariner
By all accounts Hooper has already been told he won't be involved and won't be offered a new deal.

The sensible option.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 48
FishOutOfWater
May 3, 2019, 1:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Maringer

Problem with your Devil's Advocacy is that Hooper looked utterly clueless when played through the middle. He did better out on the left but still not brilliantly and that hat-trick in a dead rubber of a game rather skews the figures.

I had hopes for him this year after he finished last season so well but, for whatever reason, he just never performed this time around and looked less of a player. Probably not helped with the abortive and often hopeless attempts by the manager to play 3-5-2 early in the season, but even so you would want to have seen more from him this season.

I'd imagine he'll get himself a job at a club in the Conference down south somewhere where he'll probably score a good few goals.

Maybe Eastleigh might give him a go...
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 42 - 48
Welwynmariner
May 3, 2019, 2:46pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from diehardmariner
By all accounts Hooper has already been told he won't be involved and won't be offered a new deal.

That's that then. Seriously though, playing Hooper tomorrow would be the most backward step the club could take. It's an opportunity to play Wright and Burrell and see what they offer at this level.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 48
rancido
May 3, 2019, 3:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,532
Gold Stars: 96
I think Hooper is the latest in a long line of players on towns books who seem to be better the longer they don't play for us !

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 48
StaffsMariner
May 3, 2019, 4:46pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +428
Gold Stars: 6
I guess he'll start on the left wing then. 4-4-2 with wright on the right
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 48
golfer
May 3, 2019, 8:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Definitely playing tomorrow-Jolly has realised the error of his ways and has apologised profusely to J.J. and all the fans and asks that he will be forgiven for getting mixed up between Hooper and Cardwell. He says he has never been very good with names but it was Cardwell that he intended to send to Bromley.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 48
FrazerGTFC
May 3, 2019, 9:04pm

Grimsby fan
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -234
Gold Stars: 1
At his level good with jolly last season that was his position but didn't try bit like Thomas

Never be positive about town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 48
HertsGTFC
May 3, 2019, 9:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Last game of the season nothing to play for I’m not bothered who we start TBH as in terms of next season it counts for male private all.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 48
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hooper

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.