Jarmo.Is.God
April 27, 2019, 5:18pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
We are not as bad as it seems...

We are not great, and boring to watch, but David and Whitmore look okay to me, with Ohman back, we have 3 decent centre backs

We are however, lacking creativity big time. Losing Embo has been huge on the season, but MJ knows that, and I'm sure it will get sorted.

Upfront is the main problem, and again, Jolley isn't stupid, I'm sure he will be sorting it.

Be prepared for another steady season IMO, I don't think 1 more window can turn us into a play off side at all, but stick with Jolley and Limberick, and we will make another forward step next season.

Slate me and hit me with that x, it's fine, but 1 win last week didn't deserve the mad positivity we got if its going to go again after another defeat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
The Boys Paddock
April 27, 2019, 5:21pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -964
those 3 decent centre backs have contributed to 22 defeats....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 45
Teestogreen
April 27, 2019, 5:24pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

We are not great, and boring to watch, but David and Whitmore look okay to me, with Ohman back, we have 3 decent centre backs

We are however, lacking creativity big time. Losing Embo has been huge on the season, but MJ knows that, and I'm sure it will get sorted.

Upfront is the main problem, and again, Jolley isn't stupid, I'm sure he will be sorting it.

Be prepared for another steady season IMO, I don't think 1 more window can turn us into a play off side at all, but stick with Jolley and Limberick, and we will make another forward step next season.

Slate me and hit me with that x, it's fine, but 1 win last week didn't deserve the mad positivity we got if its going to go again after another defeat.

I'll go with that. But the club captain signing has to be more of a success than John Welsh!! (Don't know who at the club is responsible for signing players)

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 45
ska face
April 27, 2019, 5:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,607
Gold Stars: 840
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Ah right, all we have to do is find another England u21 international willing to come on loan for a year and drag this shower close to his standard. Plenty of those floating about.

Sure he’ll get it sorted.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 45
Jarmo.Is.God
April 27, 2019, 5:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from The Boys Paddock
those 3 decent centre backs have contributed to 22 defeats....

Yeah true... Nothing to do with the midfield... numpty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 45
Jarmo.Is.God
April 27, 2019, 5:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Teestogreen

I'll go with that. But the club captain signing has to be more of a success than John Welsh!! (Don't know who at the club is responsible for signing players)

100%, however I was delighted when he signed, but some signings just don't work
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 45
Jarmo.Is.God
April 27, 2019, 5:33pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from ska face

Ah right, all we have to do is find another England u21 international willing to come on loan for a year and drag this shower close to his standard. Plenty of those floating about.

Sure he’ll get it sorted.

Doesn't have to be English, and doesn't have to be young, and doesn't have to be an international... just be able to create chances
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 45
April 27, 2019, 5:35pm
Guest User
agree, defence is more or less sorted, although perhaps a backup left back with league experience could come in whilst ring finds his feet...
Creativity is exactly what we are missing, embo was a huge loss, i really think if we had the creative players and played decent football on the deck not this aimless hoofing, dennis would have scored a few. I'm a fan of jolley but i am yet to see the fast attacking football he promised - today and other performances of late have looked very much like those under Russel Slade...

A club in our position financially can only be run successfully one way. Its like any Business starting out with little financial power, we must buy low sell high. We can't afford to buy high i.e. proven players/proven successful investments. Explained in terms of property we need to buy outdated, run down houses cheap and renovate them ourselves - selling for profit. We must gamble on young players and conference/ lower league successes in the hope they can make the step up because buying journeymen on their way down or just league 2 cast offs isn't going to get us anywhere beyond lower/mid table!

We have a lot of fantastic young players - clifton is testament to the fact that if given the chance they can shine, Ahkeem is still nursing an injury hence why he isn't really turning on the taps in terms of pace, but regardless he need the right football played, not aimless hopeful hoofs that he won't win in the air... Wright looked very promising today - and yet another player that proves that running at and beating your man is the way to go - it really isn't done enough in our team!
Reply: 7 - 45
April 27, 2019, 5:39pm
Guest User
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

yep, agree
Reply: 8 - 45
Jarmo.Is.God
April 27, 2019, 5:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 139847
agree, defence is more or less sorted, although perhaps a backup left back with league experience could come in whilst ring finds his feet...
Creativity is exactly what we are missing, embo was a huge loss, i really think if we had the creative players and played decent football on the deck not this aimless hoofing, dennis would have scored a few. I'm a fan of jolley but i am yet to see the fast attacking football he promised - today and other performances of late have looked very much like those under Russel Slade...

A club in our position financially can only be run successfully one way. Its like any Business starting out with little financial power, we must buy low sell high. We can't afford to buy high i.e. proven players/proven successful investments. Explained in terms of property we need to buy outdated, run down houses cheap and renovate them ourselves - selling for profit. We must gamble on young players and conference/ lower league successes in the hope they can make the step up because buying journeymen on their way down or just league 2 cast offs isn't going to get us anywhere beyond lower/mid table!

We have a lot of fantastic young players - clifton is testament to the fact that if given the chance they can shine, Ahkeem is still nursing an injury hence why he isn't really turning on the taps in terms of pace, but regardless he need the right football played, not aimless hopeful hoofs that he won't win in the air... Wright looked very promising today - and yet another player that proves that running at and beating your man is the way to go - it really isn't done enough in our team!

Good post.

But we can't play nice attacking football if we haven't got the players for it, and Embo was part of the plan to do that... We've had a bad season with injuries etc, so we've had to change our style of play accordingly.

You can't predict a big signing missing the full season, Cook missing majority of season, then Embo injury ending his season early, he's not a magician, but he's doing what he can, with the players and budget he has got...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 45
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Unpopular opinion

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.