4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Swansea_Mariner
April 26, 2019, 9:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
Following on from the Fenty thread, I think its about time we test interest for this.  There is no 'not interested' option because obviously we would only be looking at those who would have an interest in participating.

I suggest a 5 step process:

1. Poll here; if sufficient interest
2. Poll on Twitter/Another social media platform;
3. Discussion thread on here on results;
4. Discussion closure or Options on crowd funding model;
5. Run crowd fund to determine actual interest;

I am happy to take this up. If we get to 4. Please note I've never crowd funded anything before so if we got that far I would need advice/help or someone else may want to do that bit. I am not precious or presumptuous about this.

Obviously should we get as far as 5. Then we will start to need something more coherent and substantial than an individual as an appropriate vehicle, but let's not put the cart before the horse as perhaps there may be no appetite for this whatsoever.

As a start I think my gut feeling would be £1k personally. But I could go up a bit if the figure was close enough to what was required. Perhaps 1k towards purchase and another 30% to be held to support the balance sheet. I could be convinced to go to the 2k if the numbers were close enough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
1mickylyons
April 26, 2019, 9:57am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
I would find £500 IF I thought it viable and a possible way of raising the cash might be long term season tickets for some of our more affluent supporters?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 33
Dan
April 26, 2019, 1:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
This again.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 33
Swansea_Mariner
April 26, 2019, 1:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
Quoted from Dan
This again.

I must of missed this being set as a formal question, the suggestion on the other thread was that this site is just an echo chamber with no suggestions for moving forward. What's wrong with gauging interest? If there isn't any we can put this to bed .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 33
promotion plaice
April 26, 2019, 8:43pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,954
Gold Stars: 189

Says it all really, only two so far actually confirm they will invest.

Easy to say you will in a poll but how many would, not going to happen.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 33
KingstonMariner
April 26, 2019, 11:24pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
If the trust turned round tomorrow and said it wants to take over the club and we won't ever sell out (like Notts County and Portsmouth) I'd be straight on to the Nationwide site.

Any crowdfunder would have to be subject to proper governance*, and pledges be subject to a minimum total target. I wouldn't just pledge money to any hazy organisation with no prospect of success - a few thousand in shares, for example, would just be a waste.

* we've got the structure in place (the Trust). It just needs gingering up with an influx of members who want real change.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 33
The Boys Paddock
April 27, 2019, 5:55pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -964
The Trust in charge.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 33
KingstonMariner
April 30, 2019, 12:13am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I see the Brains Trust has finished for the season. What are you going to do in the evenings now Boys Paddock?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 33
Malta_Mariner_90
April 30, 2019, 9:41am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Following on from the Fenty thread, I think its about time we test interest for this.  There is no 'not interested' option because obviously we would only be looking at those who would have an interest in participating.

I suggest a 5 step process:

1. Poll here; if sufficient interest

I was just wondering what would be considered sufficient interest? So far with 55 votes, if all donated there stated maximum amount we would have raised around 40k...maybe we should by Grimsby Borough instead?    

Personally I would love to see us have a membership style system. If its good enough for Barca then why not us  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 33
1mickylyons
April 30, 2019, 12:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,261
Gold Stars: 54
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90

I was just wondering what would be considered sufficient interest? So far with 55 votes, if all donated there stated maximum amount we would have raised around 40k...maybe we should by Grimsby Borough instead?    

Personally I would love to see us have a membership style system. If its good enough for Barca then why not us  

I would only ever consider putting money into GTFC

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 33
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crowd funded ownership poll

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.