8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Bigdog
April 22, 2019, 5:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Central defence on the front foot, played very well and smothered their forwards.

Hess and Clifton best two central midfielders on the park. When was the last time we could say about our midfield being better than our opponents?

Nearly 90 minutes under Ahkeem's belt.

And Vernam rounds off a good performance with a superb cross for the winner.

Not a great game and plenty still to work on, but a bit of progression and a noticeable improvement in how quickly we won the ball back with younger and quicker players on the pitch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 71
hampshiremariner
April 22, 2019, 5:10pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,050
Gold Stars: 35
What a relief. Nice when that one went in. We are usually on the end of last minute goals. Looking upwards now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 71
Jarmo.Is.God
April 22, 2019, 5:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Not getting carried away, but that was better, not great, just better
Defence did it's job, macca didn't make a save I don't think?

Hess is a league 1 player, simple as that
Clifton back to how we remember
Vernam on his day, is a joy to watch, one of them players that gets you excited when he has the ball

Rose did well
Dennis anonymous, but that's the kind of striker he is, reminds me of Amond, if we had a creative midfielder he would do better than he is doing.

Easy to say why are we not getting the youngsters on, but would he get this reaction if we lost 1-0, but brought on 3 youth players? Nope, he has a job to keep at the end of the day.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 71
Madeleymariner
April 22, 2019, 5:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,047
Gold Stars: 49
We did a great job of closing down higher up the pitch, thank goodness Collins is on a 2 match ban.
Was worried we hit the Parslow point when he brought Pollock on. Need to put out same 11, poss Grayson for Ring at Notts C.
Hess Clifton Vernam played well, Rose decent, but Davies/Whitmore pairing totally solid and dealt with everything that got near the pen area and I dont think Whitmore lost a header or tackle all game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 71
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
April 22, 2019, 5:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
I watched the first 65 minutes on ifollow before I had to work and thought we worked harder, didn't look too improved in the first half but came out really strongly in the second half and was enjoying watching. Vernams improving with the game time think he can be just as good as Embleton was in the first half of the season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 71
Bristol Mariner
April 22, 2019, 5:35pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Not getting carried away, but that was better, not great, just better
Defence did it's job, macca didn't make a save I don't think?

Hess is a league 1 player, simple as that
Clifton back to how we remember
Vernam on his day, is a joy to watch, one of them players that gets you excited when he has the ball

Rose did well
Dennis anonymous, but that's the kind of striker he is, reminds me of Amond, if we had a creative midfielder he would do better than he is doing.

Easy to say why are we not getting the youngsters on, but would he get this reaction if we lost 1-0, but brought on 3 youth players? Nope, he has a job to keep at the end of the day.

Apart from brilliant one handed save at start of second

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 71
toontown
April 22, 2019, 5:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Much improved (not hard) and thoroughly entertaining game as both sides went all out for the win.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 71
Jarmo.Is.God
April 22, 2019, 5:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from Bristol Mariner

Apart from brilliant one handed save at start of second

Yeah, you're spot on there actually
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 71
hheh2
April 22, 2019, 5:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Just seen the score good win! Is it just a coincidence that without Collins in we don't leak goals   UTM

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 71
jock dock tower
April 22, 2019, 6:05pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
We've done the double over a team who would have been fairly secure in the play off positions now had they done what a lot of other teams have done to us this season.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Carlisle (H) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.