Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunny.....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 235 Guests

Scunny.....

This thread currently has 38,564 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
FishOutOfWater
April 22, 2019, 10:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from RoboCod

Make a nice change to get players in their Prime

Just be our luck for us to have ours delivered to our neighbours!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 184
Helgy
April 22, 2019, 11:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Swann's misses now involved at Scunny no doubt wants to see where the money is going.
Putting in 300k a month just think if crowds increased by 50% then that’s down to £150k a month.
Surprised other clubs don’t study the Lincoln model more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 184
mimma
April 23, 2019, 12:07am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,567
Gold Stars: 78
Quoted from Gaffer58
So as Swann has been covering scunny's costs for the last few seasons, and its obvious they have spent more than they've taken in, does anyone know if he expects his money back, we could call them"benign" or has he just written them off.

Interesting point Gaffa. I was wondering the same. Does anybody know the full extent of how much he has put in and what he expects to happen to it? Bet it's a dam sight more that the £2 million that JF has put into Town that's for sure.What's happening to their ground improvement / new stadium? Has that gone mammaries up as well? If I was a scunny fan I would be very worried.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 184
promotion plaice
April 23, 2019, 12:18am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193
Quoted from Gaffer58
So as Swann has been covering scunny's costs for the last few seasons, and its obvious they have spent more than they've taken in, does anyone know if he expects his money back, we could call them"benign" or has he just written them off.

Exactly

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 184
GollyGTFC
April 23, 2019, 10:31am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,973
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Helgy
Swann's misses now involved at Scunny no doubt wants to see where the money is going.
Putting in 300k a month just think if crowds increased by 50% then that’s down to £150k a month.
Surprised other clubs don’t study the Lincoln model more.

There is no Lincoln model for financing a football club. Lincoln are simply living within their means and investing in the future whilst doing so.

You can't pre-plan the way Lincoln have generated funds over the past 3 years. Despite your league success the "extra" money has come from cup runs.

It's very prudent that Lincoln have used the money generated to build a training ground and are putting plans in place for a new stadium, but to suggest that this method is unique is wrong.

Lincoln are living within their means, but the increase in & way Lincoln's means have increased is not an option that can be replicated as a one size fits all solution for all clubs.

But little things that Lincoln do can be replicated. From where I stand supporters are looked after, listened to and certainly not taken for granted.

I drove home through Lincoln after yesterday's match. Because of Lincoln's celebrations I saw a large amount of Lincoln fans as I drove down Canwick Road and on to Bracebridge Heath. The thing that struck me was how many families I saw walking together. And not just parents & childrens, 3 generations together.

I couldn't tell you about LCFC season ticket prices over the past 3 seasons, but I would be amazed if LCFC went down the GTFC route and increased kids season tickets by 40% when they got promoted to the EFL like we did.

Yesterday summed it up for me. A lovely day. Reduced ticket prices..And only 3,300 or so GTFC fans bothered.

I would love GTFC to be proactive with getting fans in. Yesterday's example was reactive to the guff that had been served up over the season. But it was too little, too late.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 184
moosey_club
April 23, 2019, 11:05am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Yesterday summed it up for me. A lovely day. Reduced ticket prices..And only 3,300 or so GTFC fans bothered.

I would love GTFC to be proactive with getting fans in. Yesterday's example was reactive to the guff that had been served up over the season. But it was too little, too late.

You can put all the offers in the world in place but if the general PR has been run down over several years and the team are playing dull football, not scoring goals and havn't won in 10 games then people arent going to be bothered on a gloriously sunny bank holiday.

Look at Lincoln.....In the last 3 league campaigns they have only lost 23 games in total....they have scored 210 goals....(so far) and thats without factoring the extra feel good cup runs they have had, both FA Cup and winning the Checkatrade (as much maligned as it is as a competition they still won it).  With figures like that it should be pretty simple to fill the ground but i certainly dont think they have rested on their laurels with that .....i am pretty certain if we had been half as succesful as that our prices would have risen and our glorious leader would just expect people to come.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 184
GollyGTFC
April 23, 2019, 11:24am

Whiskey Drinker
I wonder how much effect the obsolete way we sell tickets contribute to our attendances. It hasn't changed in 25 years has it? I know you can buy online, but the process is still the same as when you had to phone up. You aren't guaranteed the seat you ask for and you don't find out what seat you have until you pick them up.

How many other EFL clubs don't have online pick your seat ticket sales. I know Scunny do. Notts County do. Lincoln outsources to Eventbrite so that they could offer the same.

We on the other hand are still using the same system we have used for donkeys years.

And Season Tickets. Still not on sale for next season.

We're so backwards in everything we do.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 184
marinerdazza
April 23, 2019, 11:27am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,780
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from GollyGTFC

In retrospect, that's probably not such a bad thing.

However, pick your seat etc really shouldn't be an issue for us.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 184
1mickylyons
April 23, 2019, 11:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,380
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I wonder how much effect the obsolete way we sell tickets contribute to our attendances. It hasn't changed in 25 years has it? I know you can buy online, but the process is still the same as when you had to phone up. You aren't guaranteed the seat you ask for and you don't find out what seat you have until you pick them up.

How many other EFL clubs don't have online pick your seat ticket sales. I know Scunny do. Notts County do. Lincoln outsources to Eventbrite so that they could offer the same.

We on the other hand are still using the same system we have used for donkeys years.

We're so backwards in everything we do.

Trust me this message has been sent to the Club directly numerous times and nobody wants to know. The Season ticket sales last 3 year`s are the best in the Clubs history so why change anything is what comes back from them. If only we had the Lincoln attitude and wanted to change the 3k to 5k eh Golly I mean just how feckin difficult is it to have some ambition and drive?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 184
GollyGTFC
April 23, 2019, 11:48am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Trust me this message has been sent to the Club directly numerous times and nobody wants to know. The Season ticket sales last 3 year`s are the best in the Clubs history so why change anything is what comes back from them. If only we had the Lincoln attitude and wanted to change the 3k to 5k eh Golly I mean just how feckin difficult is it to have some ambition and drive?

Back in the Conference days I bought tickets for Barnet away on the Barnet website. I printed them myself at home. So easy. A similar system would pay for itself in no time in saving money having to buy physical tickets from a printers.

And season ticket/membership cards? After the initial cost of installation it would save a fortune. Charge an initial admin fee for a card and then people could use them forever. You could even offer them to non-STHs who could buy individual match tickets online and upload them on to their card. It would also help with lost season tickets- all the club would have to do is cancel the card from the system and charge the STH to buy a new card. Would stop the club shop getting clogged up on match days with people picking up tickets.

I bet all of those could be installed for less up front cost than the £200k the club repaid to Fenty last season.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 184
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunny.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.