Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The “Wright” time?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 217 Guests

The “Wright” time?

This thread currently has 3,848 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
April 21, 2019, 8:43am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
I know this came up a couple of weeks ago but surely as Boston now have nothing to play for we should recall Max Wright for the final 3 games?

Town’s recent performances have been shocking and this lad appears to play with real confidence.

I also think Rose should start tomorrow as his pace must surely add something to the side.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Ipswin
April 21, 2019, 9:06am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from HertsGTFC
I know this came up a couple of weeks ago but surely as Boston now have nothing to play for we should recall Max Wright for the final 3 games?

Poor lad, what have you got against him and what has he done to deserve a recall to GTFC

Leave him alone if he has gained in confidence then playing alongside the tactics and ideas-free bunch from Saturday will soon ruin it

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
golfer
April 21, 2019, 9:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,417
Gold Stars: 115
Ipswin-you can't say Town don't have tactics or ideas -they have 11 all at the same time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
MuddyWaters
April 21, 2019, 9:45am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Boston finish a week before us so bring him into the squad for the Crewe game.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
Ipswin
April 21, 2019, 10:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from golfer
Ipswin-you can't say Town don't have tactics or ideas -they have 11 all at the same time

That many would be nice, on Saturday there was just one, work the ball (dangerously - that's how we conceded) to about half way in our half then lump it diagonally to the opposition's two central defenders

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
HertsGTFC
April 21, 2019, 10:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Ipswin

Poor lad, what have you got against him and what has he done to deserve a recall to GTFC

Leave him alone if he has gained in confidence then playing alongside the tactics and ideas-free bunch from Saturday will soon ruin it

It might just convince him to put in a transfer request before it’s too late!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
The Grim Reaper
April 21, 2019, 11:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -30
Approval: -533
Gold Stars: 1
Plodder

Jesus wants me to be a sunbeam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
barrattstandman
April 22, 2019, 2:16pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +478
Gold Stars: 17
Let's get this right Max Wright is a skilful player . However he is 8 stone wet through . Someone ( professional  scout ) said exactly that in that he gets knocked off the ball too easily  how many times he we geared in this sight that we need some height and strength especially in midfield areas and up front . I'm not doubting his ability but I just think we can do better and for the length of time he has been here he should have broken through by now .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
KingstonMariner
April 22, 2019, 3:09pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from barrattstandman
Let's get this right Max Wright is a skilful player . However he is 8 stone wet through . Someone ( professional  scout ) said exactly that in that he gets knocked off the ball too easily  how many times he we geared in this sight that we need some height and strength especially in midfield areas and up front . I'm not doubting his ability but I just think we can do better and for the length of time he has been here he should have broken through by now .

Seems to manage in the more physical non-League.

Would still like to see him tried properly at this level. I.E. in his own position and with a decent run.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
jock dock tower
April 22, 2019, 3:56pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from barrattstandman

The Diddyman, Dave Gilbert was hardly the Hulk and he did okay.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The “Wright” time?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.