6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
jamesgtfc
April 23, 2019, 1:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,942
Gold Stars: 190

Not sure which locals you have been talking too, but we have lost once since Boxing Day , against Carlisle and we had 10 men for over an hour. I think the league has been strong, in that anyone can beat anyone on their day - I actually don't think there have been many weak teams - I just think we have been consistent and very hard to beat, which has set us aside. We will have to pay some cash though if we want to make any impression next year, as there are some giants in that league financially compared to ourselves.

Very tough league next year that one. I wonder if Bolton will cut their cloth accordingly or go for it. I expect Ipswich to throw some money at it. Luton are up and Barnsley will probably take the other automatic space but that leaves 1 of Sunderland, Portsmouth, Charlton, Doncaster, Peterborough or Coventry taking the other promotion place.

Some big established clubs with good fan bases in amongst that.

It is more of a footballing division than League 2 and it will be a step too far for some of your players, Rhead being the main one.

You have got some players that have played to a good standard though (Bostwick, Frecklington, Shackell, Eardley) so it will be interesting to see how you fare or if League 1 is beyond some of them now.

I do wonder if we will see some of your players deemed not good enough for League 1 arriving here.

I don't think you will be at the top end but you never know. You are on the crest of a wave so anything can happen. There is definitely a difference between League 2 and the top half of League 1 which is to be expected when you consider the difference between League 1 and The Championship.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 59
Jaws
April 23, 2019, 1:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Let's all be right about this macca is a good keeper, not great but good and he is a great shot stopper whilst being pretty capable in one and one situations..
Where he falls down is his distribution, kicks are aimed in a general direction in the hope we get an head in it and when he catches the ball from crosses etc he is far to slow to release it, which in turn gives the opposition all the time in the world to get back into position and snuff out another aimless punt up field..
I sometimes wonder if that is why Marcus Bignott couldn't wait to get a new keeper a la Dean Henderson and drop macca to the bench..

Macca is good enough, we have more problems in front of him. I'm sure he was up there in terms of most saves made in the division. Unless we jump up 2 leagues we're not going to get anything much better than Macca anyway.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 59
Northbank Mariner
April 23, 2019, 2:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Jaws

Macca is good enough, we have more problems in front of him. I'm sure he was up there in terms of most saves made in the division. Unless we jump up 2 leagues we're not going to get anything much better than Macca anyway.

I didn't insinuate he wasn't good enough, imho he's one of the best in the division .
But Maccas problems/deficiencies have nothing to do what's in front
As I've said it's his distribution, time and time again he likes up into the crowd when there's massive spaces to exploit and waits too long to release the ball out if his hands..all that said if he had developed this side of his game he would definitely be playing higher up the football echelons..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 59
jock dock tower
April 23, 2019, 2:11pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
I just want to see Town finish on a high with three successive wins, and if one of those sends someone down into the non league game am ambivalent about that. We currently have two more points than we had last season, so despite everything that's happened we've improved - even if it seems like one step forward two steps backwards at times. Beat Crewe this weekend and then County, because we do these things in blocks, and we're on 59 points, a decent enough platform to build on for n
ext season.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 59
Northbank Mariner
April 23, 2019, 2:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from jock dock tower
I just want to see Town finish on a high with three successive wins, and if one of those sends someone down into the non league game am ambivalent about that. We currently have two more points than we had last season, so despite everything that's happened we've improved - even if it seems like one step forward two steps backwards at times. Beat Crewe this weekend and then County, because we do these things in blocks, and we're on 59 points, a decent enough platform to build on for n
ext season.

I'd check your fixture list if I were you jock...😂

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 59
jock dock tower
April 23, 2019, 2:52pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

I'd check your fixture list if I were you jock...😂

Ooops.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 59
chrissy
April 23, 2019, 3:28pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
700 +  tickets sold with 300 remaining up to now so there should be over 1,000 of us there.

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 59
IlkleyMariner
April 23, 2019, 3:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,984
Gold Stars: 69
Amazing what a win can do. Almost optimistic about next two games
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 59
chelseacity
April 24, 2019, 2:34pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +364
Gold Stars: 9
On Saturday 27th of April 2019, there will be an additional train service from Cleethorpes train station to Nottingham, the train will leave at 0918 hrs and will travel via Barnetby and Market Rasen. There will then be an extra service for the return of Grimsby Town supporters, departing Nottingham at 1740 hrs. Grimsby supporters are able to drink on this service.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 59
Gaffer58
April 24, 2019, 4:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
[quote=61159]On Saturday 27th of April 2019, there will be an additional train service from Cleethorpes train station to Nottingham, the train will leave at 0918 hrs and will travel via Barnetby and Market Rasen. There will then be an extra service for the return of Grimsby Town supporters, departing Nottingham at 1740 hrsGRIMSBY SUPPORTERS ARE ABLE TO DRINK ON THIS SERVICE.

So if a family are using this train for a day trip to Notts but don't support Town they cannot drink, one way of increasing our support I suppose!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Notts county away

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.