Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why??just why??
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 213 Guests

Why??just why??

This thread currently has 5,128 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
April 19, 2019, 7:39pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Does he start with Collins, Woolford and Cardwell??..
Defend too deep, bypass midfield and lump it up to a lad who couldn't direct traffic let alone a header to one of his own team mates...
As soon as you see Collins name on the team sheet you know it's gonna be back to the walls because we daren't attack for the fear of old father time getting skinned time and time again..
If you look at some of our best performances this season you'll see one man's name missing off that team sheet.. Danny Collins..
It's hard thinking that a man who's been so good for us will end his town career, imho, a year too late ...
Logged Offline
Private Message
golfer
April 19, 2019, 8:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
we could always play Collins centre forward-he couldn't do any harm there cos' he wouldn't get a kick and give Woolford and Cardwell free transfers to Carlisle
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 21
Garth
April 19, 2019, 8:51pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Needs a complete change for next season, both in the players and coaches, absolute rubbish
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 21
lew chaterleys lover
April 19, 2019, 8:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,652
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Does he start with Collins, Woolford and Cardwell??..
Defend too deep, bypass midfield and lump it up to a lad who couldn't direct traffic let alone a header to one of his own team mates...
As soon as you see Collins name on the team sheet you know it's gonna be back to the walls because we daren't attack for the fear of old father time getting skinned time and time again..
If you look at some of our best performances this season you'll see one man's name missing off that team sheet.. Danny Collins..
It's hard thinking that a man who's been so good for us will end his town career, imho, a year too late ...

Cardwell is the one that really baffles me. Obviously, they must see something we can't but it can only be potential?

On the commentary today it was said more than once that his heart isn't in it - not going in to challenge with any purpose for balls that he should be contesting. No good as a centre forward then, is he? He strikes me as one of those players who looks like he is trying hard by chasing lost causes; give him something to really go at and the desire is not really there.

No doubt he has good qualities, but perhaps not in the professional game.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 21
Garth
April 19, 2019, 8:54pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Garth
Needs a complete change for next season, both in the players and coaches, absolute rubbish

My problem is I will keep on going coz I'm daft
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 21
forza ivano
April 20, 2019, 12:21am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
I actually thought Cardwell had a good game v Stevenage and won lots of good headers but still came away thinking he's a conference centre forward. Now in comparison if you'd had the shop orAkinde up front...........
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 21
golfer
April 20, 2019, 7:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Hmm-Lewis nearly out of contract and still only 29-I wonder ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 21
arryarryarry
April 20, 2019, 9:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from golfer
Hmm-Lewis nearly out of contract and still only 29-I wonder ?

No.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 21
Mariner Ronnie
April 20, 2019, 11:19am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Complete clean out close season I reckon, vast amount of players will leave and I think they know that already, that’s why they’re playing so awful. We’ll come good next season though 👍🏼 UTM!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 21
lew chaterleys lover
April 20, 2019, 2:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,652
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
Complete clean out close season I reckon, vast amount of players will leave and I think they know that already, that’s why they’re playing so awful. We’ll come good next season though 👍🏼 UTM!

To be replaced with equally low grade players, sadly.

If we have not got the budget, there isn't a lot anybody can do.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 21
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Why??just why??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.