Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (from Colchester)
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 235 Guests

Just Back (from Colchester)

This thread currently has 5,667 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Welwynmariner
April 19, 2019, 6:22pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Really poor. I mean really really poor display today and I feel sorry for anyone who has travelled all the way down and wasted a Good Friday holiday to watch that.

Town were inept both individually and collectively. Woolford put in a display which would rival Jamie Clarke at his worst and passed unerringly to players in striped shirts - only we were playing in red.

I don't recall our testing their keeper at any stage and we offered nothing. 1-0 was very generous and there were at least two goal line clearances and two other off the post.

Rose and Clifton came on at half-time and improved things but that says very little.

Town had no idea beyond hopeful punts up to Cardwell who didn't win a single header as far as I remember.

Put it this was, I saw lots of better performances when we were in the Conference
Logged Offline
Private Message
lew chaterleys lover
April 19, 2019, 6:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,653
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Welwynmariner
Really poor. I mean really really poor display today and I feel sorry for anyone who has travelled all the way down and wasted a Good Friday holiday to watch that.

Town were inept both individually and collectively. Woolford put in a display which would rival Jamie Clarke at his worst and passed unerringly to players in striped shirts - only we were playing in red.

I don't recall our testing their keeper at any stage and we offered nothing. 1-0 was very generous and there were at least two goal line clearances and two other off the post.

Rose and Clifton came on at half-time and improved things but that says very little.

Town had no idea beyond hopeful punts up to Cardwell who didn't win a single header as far as I remember.

Put it this was, I saw lots of better performances when we were in the Conference

Thanks for that. Your report was better than I expected, going by the match commentary...
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 22
Ipswin
April 19, 2019, 6:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Gutless, spineless and worse and most worrying perhaps as this one applies to Jolley, clueless

At least it was the only game I have had to suffer this season, dreading May 4th when I have to go through it all again (tempted to spend all afternoon in the Notts)

My deepest condolences to those who have had to watch this dross all season and to those who came down from Grimsby to witness this afternoon's bag 'o shite.

Can't single out a single player for a compliment let alone praise, if I have to then Macca (as usual)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 22
Les Brechin
April 19, 2019, 6:40pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Ipswin
Gutless, spineless and worse and most worrying perhaps as this one applies to Jolley, clueless

At least it was the only game I have had to suffer this season, dreading May 4th when I have to go through it all again (tempted to spend all afternoon in the Notts)

My deepest condolences to those who have had to watch this dross all season and to those who came down from Grimsby to witness this afternoon's bag 'o shite.

Can't single out a single player for a compliment let alone praise, if I have to then Macca (as usual)

Glad that I decided to miss my first home game of the season that day. I'm off on a cruise on the Sunday, leaving from Southampton, I could have gone to the game first and then gone down to my brother's in Surrey after the game, but I decided to leave to go down there on Saturday morning.

The way we've been playing the past few weeks I reckon I made the right decision,

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 22
golfer
April 19, 2019, 7:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Have you got room for 12 more on that cruise ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 22
HertsGTFC
April 19, 2019, 8:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Ipswin

This!

The p1ssed element of today's support really stuck it to the players after the game, to be honest I can't blame them. The thing that illustrated everything about us now is that as far as I recall Rose, Clifton, Macca and I think Hess stood there and took it, the rest didn't get too close.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 22
sydney
April 19, 2019, 8:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Is it falling apart?
Are we about to become like York City?
Is the best we have to look forward too next season 3rd from bottom?
Watched the NL playoff final again the other night to cheer me up
It seems Worlds apart
Sad Tonight
Come on Town!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 22
Les Brechin
April 19, 2019, 8:33pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,688
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from golfer
Have you got room for 12 more on that cruise ?

I think they've all been on holiday for the past month at least!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 22
chaos33
April 19, 2019, 8:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
It's just so sh1t. The players. The tactics. Slow death since we were promoted. Starved of the necessary talent, money and vision.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 22
Ashby mariner
April 19, 2019, 8:59pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
In my opinion alot of the players we had in the conference are better than most of this bunch.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 22
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back (from Colchester)

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.