Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can Jolley organise and motivate a team.?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 400 Guests

Can Jolley organise and motivate a team.?

This thread currently has 7,499 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
golfer
April 19, 2019, 7:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 115
Maybe Thomas told Jolly what we are trying to tell him. Change the style of play-set up an attacking team. We can't score goals when we have 11 players in our penalty area. I learnt that in 4z at school.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
headingly_mariner
April 19, 2019, 7:55pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
He’s not good at interviews and he’s far too serious.
He’s got us safe nice and early with a woefully thin and cheap squad.

You only have to look at us letting Mitch Rose go who’d played pretty regularly when fit to realise how lean the budget has been.
Players on the beach, best players injured and whatever Thomas is. Need to now bios for next season. Saw enough in the cup run and the good spells to see he can motivate a team.

Just needs the backing of our urine poor board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
KingstonMariner
April 19, 2019, 7:58pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from golfer
Maybe Thomas told Jolly what we are trying to tell him. Change the style of play-set up an attacking team. We can't score goals when we have 11 players in our penalty area. I learnt that in 4z at school.

Crikey what size school were you at? Must have been Shanghai School Number 74.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
golfer
April 19, 2019, 8:29pm
Vodka Drinker
St Trinians-I learnt a lot there
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
IlkleyMariner
April 19, 2019, 9:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Not sure it's about Jolley or Slade really.
We are all sick and tired of the lack of achievement over many recent years. It's just that Slade and Jolley happen to be the latest two managers.

Slade brought in players like Rhys Brown and a younger Collins. Plus a few more if I had time to research it. He also tried to sign Walker from Notts who has proved a success at Mansfield. It was probably right to let him go or we would have gone down.

Jolley massively over performed in the last six games last season. We hoped it would continue this year but after a few positive runs it has come to nothing. There are probably 6-8 players of promise but nowhere near enough to be strong promotion hopefuls.

I just can't wait for this season to end as we all need a break from recent results, but still pleased that we stayed clear from the trapdoor. Bet Notts Co would swap places....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
denni266
April 19, 2019, 10:02pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Seems to me that the players that have contracts for next season are not putting a shift in to impress, and the ones out of contract either dont want or are not fussed about being her next season. And jolly not setting them up right is not helping
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
jamesgtfc
April 19, 2019, 11:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Not sure it's about Jolley or Slade really.
We are all sick and tired of the lack of achievement over many recent years. It's just that Slade and Jolley happen to be the latest two managers.

Slade brought in players like Rhys Brown and a younger Collins. Plus a few more if I had time to research it. He also tried to sign Walker from Notts who has proved a success at Mansfield. It was probably right to let him go or we would have gone down.

Jolley massively over performed in the last six games last season. We hoped it would continue this year but after a few positive runs it has come to nothing. There are probably 6-8 players of promise but nowhere near enough to be strong promotion hopefuls.

I just can't wait for this season to end as we all need a break from recent results, but still pleased that we stayed clear from the trapdoor. Bet Notts Co would swap places....

Hurst signed Collins and Rhys Browne.  Slade signed DJ last summer but hardly played him. He started really well this season for Yeovil but got sidelined for the season early on. Slade signed Dembele, just a shame his agent got inside his head.

Rumour has it that we narrowly missed out on David Meyler in January and we got rejected by Lee Angol. Both of those signed for League One teams. You can blame finances but I expect higher teams to pay higher wages anyway. We were apparently interested in Bowman last summer and he replaced Stockley at Exeter in January. His wife is from Devon so competing with that is difficult.

Given Jolley's background in the academy system I'm not surprised he's signed players from the U23 scene that he's either coached or played against his team (Hendrie, Whitmore, Embleton, Robles) I'm disappointed that we haven't tapped into Limbrick's apparent knowledge of non-league for a rough diamond.

We desperately need a successful transfer window. Someone like Meyler early on would definitely increase appetite among fans for season tickets.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
forza ivano
April 20, 2019, 12:16am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Hurst signed Collins and Rhys Browne.  Slade signed DJ last summer but hardly played him. He started really well this season for Yeovil but got sidelined for the season early on. Slade signed Dembele, just a shame his agent got inside his head.

Rumour has it that we narrowly missed out on David Meyler in January and we got rejected by Lee Angol. Both of those signed for League One teams. You can blame finances but I expect higher teams to pay higher wages anyway. We were apparently interested in Bowman last summer and he replaced Stockley at Exeter in January. His wife is from Devon so competing with that is difficult.

Given Jolley's background in the academy system I'm not surprised he's signed players from the U23 scene that he's either coached or played against his team (Hendrie, Whitmore, Embleton, Robles) I'm disappointed that we haven't tapped into Limbrick's apparent knowledge of non-league for a rough diamond.

We desperately need a successful transfer window. Someone like Meyler early on would definitely increase appetite among fans for season tickets.

I think this is a v.balanced response.we have to be realistic.I know this is a really shiite run but are we realistically going to get any better than jolley? I do think we have to give him time but he'd probably do himself a favour by admitting his mistakes.I suspect he got pre season badly wrong and it set us off on the wrong foot.I'm amazed that someone so intelligent hasn't found a way ( via informed sources) of letting us know that he's operating with one hand tied behind his back viz a vis the budget.the frustrating thing is the lack of hope.I like jolley and still want to believe in him but I think he needs a really good summer and first ten- twelve games or else he's toast. Ps Michael,if I read yhis, that bottle of Portuguese red is still waiting for you!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
Ashby mariner
April 20, 2019, 6:07am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
What I don't understand is why in our conference days did we have I'm my opinion better players than we have now.? The budget is better now than it was then. Look at the likes of Magnay, Pearson, Miller, Nolan, Tait, Connel ect. If the budget is better now how come we got these players to play against the likes Welling, Tamworth ect and now we can't seem to attract better players now we are a league club. It saddens me when I think of the team that got promoted and how quickly they all went there separate ways. Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
golfer
April 20, 2019, 7:49am
Vodka Drinker
To be honest I enjoyed it better and we normally went home a bit happier. The shite we played against then was no shitier than the shite we play against now that we still can't beat. 3 shite managers since Hurst
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Can Jolley organise and motivate a team.?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.