Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nutjob Joey Barton...
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 256 Guests

Nutjob Joey Barton...

This thread currently has 7,661 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Rick12
April 14, 2019, 9:18am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from topuphere666

I get that sentiment and working in that area of life I see it, but come on. Barton has made a decent career for himself and will have received all the support in the world to support him with his anger and other issues. He cannot keep doing this kinda thing!
I agree if people do wrong they need to be punished but I think most people are  not born bad.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 41
topuphere666
April 14, 2019, 1:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.19
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +1,843
Gold Stars: 3
Early years and role models are key in life. That’s common sense, I agree JB may have had a tough childhood but he’s worked under some good managers and will have been around positive people in His life for a long long time to still bang on about a childhood etc.. that’s if he does? I don’t know. I don’t care for the guy.

What he did needs punishing by the law and by the football club. You cannot go around battering people because things don’t go your way - excrement childhood or not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 41
Ipswin
April 14, 2019, 1:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
The game needs a few colourful characters, bad news if everyone was as grey as Jolley

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 41
bluerose13x
April 14, 2019, 2:27pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +323

There's being colourful, but then there's being violent thuggish idiot a couple of times too often without looking that he'll change.

People can and do make mistakes in life. That's fine and understandable.

Get involved in repeat incidents, unforgiveable. Learning process of being able to control oneself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 41
Ipswin
April 14, 2019, 3:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from bluerose13x

There's being colourful, but then there's being violent thuggish idiot a couple of times too often without looking that he'll change.

People can and do make mistakes in life. That's fine and understandable.

Get involved in repeat incidents, unforgiveable. Learning process of being able to control oneself.

I expect he's as drunk off about it as you are. He's done an amazing job when, like Campbell, everyone thought he would, and many wanted him to fail. He has been the most successful 'virgin' manager and may have thrown it all away in a moment of anger through being over passionate. I'm surprised more rival managers (and referees) don't get a smack, I'd certainly not blame Warnock if he chinned the odd ref.
Just hope Barton keeps his job

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 41
Heisenberg
April 14, 2019, 3:16pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,032
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Ipswin
The game needs a few colourful characters, bad news if everyone was as grey as Jolley

Well God forbid the World be full of good people, eh? I’d rather have Jolley as a manager any day. And if he was a friend or family member you’d choose him 10 times out of 10 against Barton, who is unmistakably a scumbag.

Everyone deserves a second chance, but Barton has had dozens. His time in football is up, people like Jolley are the future. Southgate is a similar character to MJ, and Barton will NEVER get plaudits like he gets. Rightly so, too. I couldn’t care less if he had a tough upbringing, he’s no longer a kid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 41
promotion plaice
April 14, 2019, 3:26pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,040
Gold Stars: 197

It's a shame Barton didn't choose one of his interests in boxing for a career.....I wonder how that would have gone.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 41
Rodley Mariner
April 14, 2019, 3:27pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Remember when he was so passionate he stubbed a cigar out on that youth team player's eye? What a colourful character he is!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 41
Stadium
April 14, 2019, 4:05pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Remember when he was so passionate he stubbed a cigar out on that youth team player's eye? What a colourful character he is!

Or when he was jailed after punching his victim 20 times when he was lying on the floor and attacking a 16yr old??
Or attacking a team mate and ending up in court??

Absolute scumbag,end of.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 41
RoboCod
April 14, 2019, 4:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from Ipswin

And yet you never showed Rob Scott any love. Seem to remember you saw him as 'undisciplined'

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Nutjob Joey Barton...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.