Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I have to say it....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 208 Guests

I have to say it....

This thread currently has 11,731 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
April 13, 2019, 11:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Helgy
Investment helps but it’s been more than that.
Danny and Nicky have been revolutionary , spoke to Nicky after the game about how far we have come from being tinpot to now being a properly run club.
5 years ago we faced relegation to the conference North now it’s L1.

Best of luck next season keep the faith , we may be rivals but your a proper old football  club.

👍

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 63
fishboyUTM
April 14, 2019, 12:32am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,069
Gold Stars: 40
Well deserved promotion. Good luck to them. Let's hope Scunts come down and we can have a proper derby.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 63
arryarryarry
April 14, 2019, 4:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Some on here are going to have to go out and buy some more tissue tomorrow.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 63
ginnywings
April 14, 2019, 5:03am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
I've got no problems with Lincoln and their rise up the leagues. It's what all clubs at our level aspire to, otherwise what's the point of competing? They have done an excellent job of it and capitalised on their promotion from non league, coupled with their remarkable cup run, to keep the momentum going in an upward curve. They have invested very wisely in the team and infrastructure.

Success breeds success, and fans will always buy into that. Lincoln is also a city on the up, so it's been a perfect storm for them in attracting back the lapsed fans, and picking up many new ones along the way. It may last, it may not, but good luck to them all the same. I think they have the means, and the will, to cope easily in League 1. Their management will inevitably be attracting attention from bigger clubs, and will no doubt be lured away at some point, so it will be the next choice of management that will be crucial for them.

I've personally never seen Lincoln as a local rival in the same way as Scunny, but then that is due to my generation. I'd much rather we were playing Scunny next season myself, and the best games i have been to in recent seasons were the two against them in the cup. It's the only time it has felt like the old days at BP in a very long time. The atmosphere against the Imps has been decent, but it was crackling against Scunny. I'm praying they replace Lincoln in League 2 next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 63
Ashby mariner
April 14, 2019, 6:49am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
Good luck to them. Just a shame I can never see us being in a position to be favourites for promotion to league 1.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 63
Mrs Doyle
April 14, 2019, 6:54am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Agree Scunny is and always as been our closest and fiercest rivals.

Apart from the idiots coming on here from Lincoln rubbing it in the club it's self as come a long way from the bucket rattling days on the brink of oblivion.

Lincoln F.C. today is a blueprint of how to get it right on and off the pitch and through this success have taped into the potential of the city trebling it's fan base.

Bournemouth did the same look were they are since losing to us in 98.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 63
Abdul19
April 14, 2019, 7:23am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,513
Gold Stars: 215
98's irrelevant, they were in division 4 with us in 2010! If only oligarch Ivan Fentski had got on board.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 63
Rick12
April 14, 2019, 7:34am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Cod Cheeks
...well done to Lincoln. Credit to them.
Nice to see a local side do well

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 63
Mrs Doyle
April 14, 2019, 7:37am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from Abdul19
98's irrelevant, they were in division 4 with us in 2010! If only oligarch Ivan Fentski had got on board.

Point taken

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 63
Helgy
April 14, 2019, 2:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Quoted from ginnywings
I've got no problems with Lincoln and their rise up the leagues. It's what all clubs at our level aspire to, otherwise what's the point of competing? They have done an excellent job of it and capitalised on their promotion from non league, coupled with their remarkable cup run, to keep the momentum going in an upward curve. They have invested very wisely in the team and infrastructure.

Success breeds success, and fans will always buy into that. Lincoln is also a city on the up, so it's been a perfect storm for them in attracting back the lapsed fans, and picking up many new ones along the way. It may last, it may not, but good luck to them all the same. I think they have the means, and the will, to cope easily in League 1. Their management will inevitably be attracting attention from bigger clubs, and will no doubt be lured away at some point, so it will be the next choice of management that will be crucial for them.

I've personally never seen Lincoln as a local rival in the same way as Scunny, but then that is due to my generation. I'd much rather we were playing Scunny next season myself, and the best games i have been to in recent seasons were the two against them in the cup. It's the only time it has felt like the old days at BP in a very long time. The atmosphere against the Imps has been decent, but it was crackling against Scunny. I'm praying they replace Lincoln in League 2 next season.

Scunny look to be in freefall so you might just get your wish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 63
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › I have to say it....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.