Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Officially Safe!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 193 Guests

Officially Safe!

This thread currently has 10,699 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
April 15, 2019, 8:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
Ok fair enough. Ive overstated it a bit. Obviously going into early March we might've become a top half side but, in reality we retreated soon after and never looked like top 12 thereafter. If you feel like it was a good value bet then who am I to question? I thought it was a trap and a waste of money and done and dusted with weeks to spare.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 75
queenybantam07
April 16, 2019, 2:57pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +84
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Unless there's some miracle, Bradford City look certain for the drop - rooted to the bottom and lost 8 out of thier last 9 games, they should sell out the away end next season.

Long time no speak, Mariners!

Looking forward to the trip to BP next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 75
chaos33
April 16, 2019, 3:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 357
That'll be a proper game. It'd be great if it was two teams competing at the top end. Full house. Like the old days v Yorkshire teams.
The game at VP would be ace too. We'd be sure to take a load!

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 75
queenybantam07
April 16, 2019, 3:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from chaos33
That'll be a proper game. It'd be great if it was two teams competing at the top end. Full house. Like the old days v Yorkshire teams.
The game at VP would be ace too. We'd be sure to take a load!

Aye, I expect us to bounce back at the first attempt. Always enjoyed the games against you lot. I imagine we’ll sell-out regardless of league position - providing the fixture machine is kind to us.

I hope you bring a few. Sadly, I don’t think you brought any more than 800 to VP the last time we were both in L2. We’ve sold 13,500 ST’s already - which is decent considering the dross we’ve been served up these past 18 months.

I’m actually looking forward to next season, strangely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 75
Mariner Timsky
April 16, 2019, 3:53pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from queenybantam07

Aye, I expect us to bounce back at the first attempt. Always enjoyed the games against you lot. I imagine we’ll sell-out regardless of league position - providing the fixture machine is kind to us.

I hope you bring a few. Sadly, I don’t think you brought any more than 800 to VP the last time we were both in L2. We’ve sold 13,500 ST’s already - which is decent considering the dross we’ve been served up these past 18 months.

So much to look forward to as well - the delights of either Salford or Solihull or even Fylde!!

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 75
queenybantam07
April 16, 2019, 3:57pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Mariner Timsky

So much to look forward to as well - the delights of either Salford or Solihull or even Fylde!!

Salford please! 👍🏼
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 75
Mariner Timsky
April 16, 2019, 3:58pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
And you never know you could do a Chesterfield and dont bother hanging around in League 2 and try out the delights of the National League itself with all its glory and wonders!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 75
queenybantam07
April 16, 2019, 4:19pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
And you never know you could do a Chesterfield and dont bother hanging around in League 2 and try out the delights of the National League itself with all its glory and wonders!

It could happen, but highly unlikely.

The reason for this seasons relegation is due to off-field problems, which have now improved. We have an owner with money, so we’ll have a competitive budget next season - whereas Chesterfield didn’t.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 75
Theimperialcoroner
April 16, 2019, 4:24pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,184
Gold Stars: 102

It could happen, but highly unlikely.

The reason for this seasons relegation is due to off-field problems, which have now improved. We have an owner with money, so we’ll have a competitive budget next season - whereas Chesterfield didn’t.

I understood Chesterfield had a very competitive budget. Much like Notts, they used it poorly.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 75
lew chaterleys lover
April 16, 2019, 4:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,711
Gold Stars: 236

The trouble is - everybody thinks they are going "bounce back" at the first attempt.

Other clubs (barring us, obviously) will also throw money at it, so nothing is a given.

Good luck nonetheless.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Officially Safe!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.