Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Officially Safe!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 185 Guests

Officially Safe!

This thread currently has 10,633 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
April 15, 2019, 2:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
I understand the point but it was palpably not a good bet. You got no sort of value for your outlay and the feeble attempt by the team proved great news for the bookies who lured a few in who should have known better with a juicy price that paid off well for them. If you get a 'run for your money', you could probably call it a good bet in a sense, even though it's a loser. This was over before it began. It was a bad call.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 75
Les Brechin
April 15, 2019, 2:34pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from chaos33
I understand the point but it was palpably not a good bet. You got no sort of value for your outlay and the feeble attempt by the team proved great news for the bookies who lured a few in who should have known better with a juicy price that paid off well for them. If you get a 'run for your money', you could probably call it a good bet in a sense, even though it's a loser. This was over before it began. It was a bad call.

Not at all.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 75
Les Brechin
April 15, 2019, 2:35pm

Quoted from chaos33

Not at all. Yes, ultimately the bookies called it right, but I got a decent run for my money. I placed the bet relatively early in the season and up until only about 3 or 4  weeks ago we were still very well placed to go and win the bet. Just the last 5 or 6 games that have scuppered us.

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 75
GrimRob
April 15, 2019, 2:42pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from chaos33

If I see value I take it. Leicester to win the league, last year Shrewsbury to get promoted and us to get relegated came very close and returned a profit after laying and this year Notts County to be relegated were all things I backed. I barely bet these days compared to what I used to but I still think the long-term markets are where the money, if any, lies, and I have made a good long-term profit backing them.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 43 - 75
chaos33
April 15, 2019, 3:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Les Brechin

Not at all. Yes, ultimately the bookies called it right, but I got a decent run for my money. I placed the bet relatively early in the season and up until only about 3 or 4  weeks ago we were still very well placed to go and win the bet. Just the last 5 or 6 games that have scuppered us.

Ok mate if you say so. It was all over after the 3rd week in February. It's a bit like claiming your horse has run well in a mile race because it was almost in mid division at 6 furlongs before falling away badly. If I'd backed that horse I know I'd not be thinking 'it was a good bet. I got a run for my money', when it trailed in 18th out of 24 runners looking shot.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 75
Les Brechin
April 15, 2019, 3:42pm

Quoted from chaos33

Ok mate if you say so. It was all over after the 3rd week in February. It's a bit like claiming your horse has run well in a mile race because it was almost in mid division at 6 furlongs before falling away badly. If I'd backed that horse I know I'd not be thinking 'it was a good bet. I got a run for my money', when it trailed in 18th out of 24 runners looking shot.

Well as the bet was place early October I see it that my horse gave me a good run for the majority of the race but just faded away on the bend into the home straight. To say "it was over before it began" was a bit wide of the mark.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 75
Theimperialcoroner
April 15, 2019, 4:26pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -3
Approval: +5,088
Gold Stars: 93

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 75
Abdul19
April 15, 2019, 5:45pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
The third week of February we were 11th!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 75
chaos33
April 15, 2019, 6:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Yes, we got a decent result on 23rd Feb, hit mid division and then fell away badly since then. That's the point.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 75
Abdul19
April 15, 2019, 6:29pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Gotcha. I read it as it was over after the third week of February, when obviously we can't have been out of the running a week later.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Officially Safe!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.