Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Officially Safe!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 215 Guests

Officially Safe!

This thread currently has 10,635 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
April 13, 2019, 6:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,642
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from rancido

Sad to say but a few posters on here have the "Billy Big Boll*x" attitude to the club and it's position in the FL.

I’ve seen the term “once great club” used a few times which I find entertaining.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 75
Marinerz93
April 13, 2019, 6:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
does this mean our glorious and supreme commander is stepping down.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/BATZELa.gif[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/y842a8D.gif[/img]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/u3JnIdE.gif[/img]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 75
Kris2
April 13, 2019, 6:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,617
Gold Stars: 136

Was thinking the same. We've got to stop living on past glories, some fans are starting to sound like Liverpool fans 😂

Unfortunately some people still seem to be stuck in the 70's and 80's or reliving the double Wembley visits.

People need to live in the here and now, time to face up to the reality of what the club is and stop acting like we are some massive club punching below our weight. In the last 15 years our best league finishing position was finishing 4th in League Two and in the last 10 it was finishing 14th in League Two. We'd be lucky to make the playoffs right now I think if we finish in the top half of the table as a mediocre League Two club we'd be making progress.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 75
MuddyWaters
April 13, 2019, 6:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from Kris2

Unfortunately some people still seem to be stuck in the 70's and 80's or reliving the double Wembley visits.

People need to live in the here and now, time to face up to the reality of what the club is and stop acting like we are some massive club punching below our weight. In the last 15 years our best league finishing position was finishing 4th in League Two and in the last 10 it was finishing 14th in League Two. We'd be lucky to make the playoffs right now I think if we finish in the top half of the table as a mediocre League Two club we'd be making progress.

Oh yes, the last 15 years have been a blast. Our best year in that time was when we were managed by Slade...just about says it all.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 75
RoboCod
April 13, 2019, 6:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505

Was thinking the same. We've got to stop living on past glories, some fans are starting to sound like Liverpool fans 😂

Top of the league Liverpool, currently returning to their past glories? - while Town proudly avoid relegation to the Conference for the 2nd season?

Our glories look set to remain in the past, comparisons to other clubs do us no favours and can't conceal the truth.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 75
chaos33
April 13, 2019, 10:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,786
Gold Stars: 349
Quoted from rancido

Sad to say but a few posters on here have the "Billy Big Boll*x" attitude to the club and it's position in the FL.

They're no more Billy Big Boll*x than you are Sammy small time.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 75
Nelly GTFC
April 13, 2019, 11:36pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +24 / -6
Approval: +2,694
Gold Stars: 30
Unless there's some miracle, Bradford City look certain for the drop - rooted to the bottom and lost 8 out of thier last 9 games, they should sell out the away end next season.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 75
rancido
April 14, 2019, 6:55am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,448
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from chaos33

They're no more Billy Big Boll*x than you are Sammy small time.

The ultimate oxymoron. I'm a realist and a pragmatist. I want the best for our club but also realise what little affect I can have on it's progress except for attending matches and knowing that things will improve.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 75
MuddyWaters
April 14, 2019, 7:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from rancido

The ultimate oxymoron. I'm a realist and a pragmatist. I want the best for our club but also realise what little affect I can have on it's progress except for attending matches and knowing that things will improve.

Knowing things will improve? What basis do you have to be optimistic? Our club is so neanderthal, we’re even replacing floodlights that were secondhand in the first place.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 75
Mrs Doyle
April 14, 2019, 7:14am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Well we are safe and it's been a frustrating season of glimpses of what could be in between some pretty awful games.

The fact that we have breathing space and a trim squad means M.J. will not have to get rid of to much excess baggage like last time so the wage bill must be in Fentys accountants ball park.

Jolley needs to be shrewd and like Buckley look around for a few gems whilst using the academy.

We all know Fenty and the board will not throw millions in the melting pot so it is what it is.

The freemo project is just a pipe dream that we have seen so many times before the fact they have spent 300k? on new floodlights tells it's own story.

Finally well done to M.J. and the team for securing League status once again albeit a disappointing season but we still look a lot better than Slade and his efforts with a mass of journeymen that wage bill must have been colossal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Officially Safe!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.