Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Eat. sleep. repeat.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 329 Guests

Eat. sleep. repeat.

This thread currently has 7,771 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
April 11, 2019, 10:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,884
Gold Stars: 230
Pretty sorry state of affairs at present. Poor fayre, downbeat management, two senior players apparently sacked and a threadbare squad- not the best pitch to sell tickets for next season and, again, no stadium in sight.
Private Message
ska face
April 11, 2019, 10:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,372
Gold Stars: 824
Who else has been sacked?
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 54
Yoda
April 11, 2019, 10:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +4 / -20
Approval: -2,976
Gold Stars: 65
Totally agree I think Jolly has two games to save his job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 54
GrimExile
April 11, 2019, 11:03pm
Live in Bucks born and bred in Grimsby.
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,280
Gold Stars: 36
I’m not saying Jolley is the messiah but I think he’s safe until next season. I don’t see the point in sacking a manager when at our level it’s difficult to get anyone better. It’s been a very sharp learning curve I’m sure for Mr Jolley and I think he’ll be a far better manager next season having had this one under his belt. Let’s face it he’s still very inexperienced. Time of course will tell but let’s give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment and support him and the team. UTM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 54
promotion plaice
April 11, 2019, 11:16pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,960
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Pretty sorry state of affairs at present. Poor fayre, downbeat management, two senior players apparently sacked and a threadbare squad- not the best pitch to sell tickets for next season and, again, no stadium in sight.

On the plus side......the floodlights are going to be demolished before they collapse.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 54
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 12, 2019, 11:06am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from GrimExile
I’m not saying Jolley is the messiah but I think he’s safe until next season. I don’t see the point in sacking a manager when at our level it’s difficult to get anyone better. It’s been a very sharp learning curve I’m sure for Mr Jolley and I think he’ll be a far better manager next season having had this one under his belt. Let’s face it he’s still very inexperienced. Time of course will tell but let’s give him the benefit of the doubt for the moment and support him and the team. UTM!

Probably safe but another 2/3 bad results really puts him under pressure. He may survive, but if he does and does not get a competitive budget in the summer I can see him walking before he gets pushed.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 54
jamesgtfc
April 12, 2019, 11:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,814
Gold Stars: 187

Probably safe but another 2/3 bad results really puts him under pressure. He may survive, but if he does and does not get a competitive budget in the summer I can see him walking before he gets pushed.

He walked from Eskilstuna after a disagreement over the direction of the club so it could happen.

If MJ left citing budget disagreements then things could turn very sour towards the regime.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 54
KingstonMariner
April 12, 2019, 12:07pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I can’t see MJ leaving in such circumstances - it’d be a risky thing for him to do twice in a row with nothing immediate to go to. It’d probably mean the end of his managerial ambitions with no record of clear cut achievement.

WE all know the background at GTFC but other clubs who look at his job application might not.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 54
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 12, 2019, 12:37pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from KingstonMariner
I can’t see MJ leaving in such circumstances - it’d be a risky thing for him to do twice in a row with nothing immediate to go to. It’d probably mean the end of his managerial ambitions with no record of clear cut achievement.

WE all know the background at GTFC but other clubs who look at his job application might not.

I’m not suggesting he would leave unless he had something already fixed up. It might not even be as a manager.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 54
Son of Cod
April 12, 2019, 1:24pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,324
Gold Stars: 196
YES another sad sack thread, just what this place needs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 54
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Eat. sleep. repeat.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.