This thread currently has 10,886 views. Print
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
RGS
April 7, 2019, 8:49pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +9
Bromley fan here

JJ has scored 18 goals in 22 games for us in all competitions. Do you think there is a much of a chance for him at Grimsby? would love him back next year. I always thought there was not that much difference in the two divisions. Surprised he hasn't cut it in your league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
HertsGTFC
April 7, 2019, 8:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
There is a real gap between these 2 Divisions we know that as since we came up opposition sides don’t boot 4 or 5 balls over our main stand per game any more .

But.... (Pete style)

I think Hooper is done at GTFC. There is a player in there and it looks like you’ve found him which is great for both parties if he signs for you.

Best of luck to the lad IMHO.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 62
TheRealJohnLewis
April 7, 2019, 9:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Something didn't click with JJ while he was here with us and the fans drained any ounce of confidence out of him, as he was 1st in line for grief when we didn't play well.  GTFC fans love to have someone in our team who they constantly diss regardless of their ability or output.

Glad to see him doing well, but I can't see why he would want to come back here.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 62
moosey_club
April 7, 2019, 9:04pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,209
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from RGS
Bromley fan here

JJ has scored 18 goals in 22 games for us in all competitions. Do you think there is a much of a chance for him at Grimsby? would love him back next year. I always thought there was not that much difference in the two divisions. Surprised he hasn't cut it in your league.

where do you play him and what system/ formation do you use ?

We largely had him on the left wing.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 62
Ipswin
April 7, 2019, 9:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
18 goals?

Blody hell he definitely wouldn't fit in at Blundell Park

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 62
sonofmadeleymariner
April 7, 2019, 9:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,452
Gold Stars: 37
Keep him. He's not good enough for the football league his record speaks for itself. At Vale and with us, he's very much found his level in the non-league.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 62
FishOutOfWater
April 7, 2019, 9:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Without being disrespectful to the National League ( we know how competitive it can be ) there might be less pressure on JJ with Bromley than there was with us, battling relegation last season and being under pressure again at the start of this one?

You're mid-table and probably comfortable there, so maybe he can go out and fulfill his potential, whereas when he was with us there was maybe a greater need for him to perform and fan expectation is high with us. We badly need a goal scorer here but he wasn't really able to oblige

There were some good(ish) performances when he was with us but nothing consistent...maybe he was out of sorts just playing up in Grimsby ( not the first time players haven't settled locally ) but whatever it was, even though he wasn't quite able to cut it with us ( of which some of our made him well aware) I for one am pleased to see him doing well with Bromley

Good luck to him and to your team going forward
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 62
promotion plaice
April 7, 2019, 9:17pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Can't do any worse than what we have got now.

After being poor at the start for us (especially winning headers) I actually didn't think he was that bad and improved for me in his time here.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 62
arryarryarry
April 7, 2019, 9:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
Something didn't click with JJ while he was here with us and the fans drained any ounce of confidence out of him, as he was 1st in line for grief when we didn't play well.  GTFC fans love to have someone in our team who they constantly diss regardless of their ability or output.

Glad to see him doing well, but I can't see why he would want to come back here.

Absolute balderdash, he was gash for the vast majority of games here, he played most of them as if he couldn't be arsed and this was exactly how he played at Port Vale, you only had to read their forum.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 62
golfer
April 7, 2019, 9:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
If Bramley want anymore forwards give us a call-we will highly recommend them if you will take them off us. Obviously we will pay you for your services
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 62
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › JJ Hooper

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.