Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hard to see where the next win is this season.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 280 Guests

Hard to see where the next win is this season.

This thread currently has 6,220 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
April 11, 2019, 8:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Teestogreen
http://www.pnefc.net/news/2018/may/john-welsh-reflects-on-pne-career/

Thanks for the negative (not)- please view link - no mention of breaking any woman's leg 2 months before this article. Wouldn.t have followed up but have received a negative, so I have..

This is where Town went wrong this season, unfortunately.

UTM

I’m sure that the management regret signing Welsh but it’s history and there’s not a lot can be done about it now.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
Abdul19
April 11, 2019, 9:05pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,554
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from Teestogreen

Thanks for the negative (not)- please view link - no mention of breaking any woman's leg 2 months before this article. Wouldn.t have followed up but have received a negative, so I have..

UTM

Assuming he hadn't pled guilty at that point - why would an ongoing investigation be mentioned?

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
Grantley
April 11, 2019, 9:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Teestogreen

UTM

What point are you trying to make? It seems pretty obvious no one except Welsh knew about, at Preston or GTFC

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 28
KingstonMariner
April 11, 2019, 11:29pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from RoboCod

That phase mentioned was also (for the most part) when Pringle was playing. It's dissapointing that we were expecting a faster more overlapping style when Ring joined and Pringle left. It could be that we are missing someone like Pringle who, while not tearing past fullbacks and being really exciting actually put quality crosses in that found people.
Over simplified I know, but we do seem to be at a stage we had earlier in the season when we just ran out of ideas in the oppositions half and no one demanded the ball to make things happen (we're also missing Embleton in this tbf)

Many on here were glad to see the back of him. Shows you what we know.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
Teestogreen
April 12, 2019, 7:06pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from Grantley

What point are you trying to make? It seems pretty obvious no one except Welsh knew about, at Preston or GTFC

Really! For nearly a year - doubt it.  

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
rancido
April 13, 2019, 1:08pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Teestogreen

Really! For nearly a year - doubt it.  

Surely that depends on when he was actually charged for the offence?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
Teestogreen
April 13, 2019, 9:02pm

Champagne Drinker
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -128
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from rancido

Surely that depends on when he was actually charged for the offence?

Yes - but he 'allegedly' asked the woman - whose leg he broke - did she know who he was? I suppose, if she didn't know, and he (and his family) didn't tell her who he was, then - yes -  he was quite within his rights to conceal this incident from PNE (his employer) (who gave him a royal send off)  and ultimately GTFC - who obviously PNE did not reveal any information to (if known to them relating to this incident)? Sad as it is.
Due diligence was not enough i.m.o.

UTM  

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
jamesgtfc
April 13, 2019, 9:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Teestogreen

Yes - but he 'allegedly' asked the woman - whose leg he broke - did she know who he was? I suppose, if she didn't know, and he (and his family) didn't tell her who he was, then - yes -  he was quite within his rights to conceal this incident from PNE (his employer) (who gave him a royal send off)  and ultimately GTFC - who obviously PNE did not reveal any information to (if known to them relating to this incident)? Sad as it is.
Due diligence was not enough i.m.o.

UTM  

Very good assessment there. I would like to think that if PNE were aware, he would have quietly left the club with a short statement rather than the guard of honour he was given. Would this kind of thing even show up on an enhanced DBS check given that he had not been convicted?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
toontown
April 14, 2019, 1:55am
Whiskey Drinker
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,275
Gold Stars: 70
If he had been charged then any semblance of decent due diligence would show this up   - the contract would just require that any legal actions underway be revealed. This is no different to when u take out insurance. Eg car insurance
Either the club is an amateur hour joke for not having such basic due diligence in its contractual agreements
Or Walsh revealed them and the club chose to ignore them until the guilty plea at the last minute
Or Walsh didn't reveal it and was in breach of contract

My money is on the second personally but I don't know
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hard to see where the next win is this season.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.