3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Croxton
April 7, 2019, 12:42am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Is it me, or are we almost always shown up by the opposition in terms of a clean first touch, avoiding a tackle, movement off the ball and crisp passing. Exceptions are Hess, Vernam, Hendrie and Dennis. Most League 2 players have shortcomings of some kind but we are embarrassing at times. Unfortunately, Grayson also appears to fit the pattern of steady defender but little ability to beat his man.
Body language and verbals between team mates today show rapidly diminishing confidence, trust and heart. For all of MJ's references to blooding young players, he has mishandled the who, when, where and how too many times. Replacing Cardwell's physicality with Burrell was a pointless gesture. Buckley for Davis maybe, or Pollock for Collins for the last 25 min would have told us a little more about their abilities.
Logged Online
Private Message
denni266
April 7, 2019, 7:21am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +698
Gold Stars: 132
Because when fans stop falling in love with Jolly and see through the smoke screen. They will see that he raly does not know what he is doing as a manager. He may be a very good coach and a very nice man with nice words, but he is no manager yet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
dapperz fun pub
April 7, 2019, 7:31am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,910
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from denni266
Because when fans stop falling in love with Jolly and see through the smoke screen. They will see that he raly does not know what he is doing as a manager. He may be a very good coach and a very nice man with nice words, but he is no manager yet

He’s no manager yet ... he kept us in the league last year and has managed it again , I suspect our budget is a bout we’re we'll finish this season.  Accrington  Stanley got promoted on a low budget but it doesn’t happen very often.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
MuddyWaters
April 7, 2019, 7:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,235
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

He’s no manager yet ... he kept us in the league last year and has managed it again , I suspect our budget is a bout we’re we'll finish this season.  Accrington  Stanley got promoted on a low budget but it doesn’t happen very often.

Trouble is Fenty thinks we can be an Accrington. When will he realise that he's tried Lady Luck for far too long and runs like we're currently on show it doesn't work. To be fair to Jolley, we're down to 15 fit pros plus the kids.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
dapperz fun pub
April 7, 2019, 8:01am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Trouble is Fenty thinks we can be an Accrington. When will he realise that he's tried Lady Luck for far too long and runs like we're currently on show it doesn't work. To be fair to Jolley, we're down to 15 fit pros plus the kids.

I can’t see how we’re going to improve with no investment , in fact these type of seasons will be the norm until we slip out the league again. After 2 decades of pure shite I’d love change at the top
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
HertsGTFC
April 7, 2019, 8:25am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228

I can’t see how we’re going to improve with no investment , in fact these type of seasons will be the norm until we slip out the league again. After 2 decades of pure shite I’d love change at the top

I’ve been saying it for ages but unless you where a Town mad multi millionaire you wouldn’t “invest” in GTFC in its current for as there is nothing in reality to invest in.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
dapperz fun pub
April 7, 2019, 8:54am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I’ve been saying it for ages but unless you where a Town mad multi millionaire you wouldn’t “invest” in GTFC in its current for as there is nothing in reality to invest in.

Parker obviously in the beginning disagreed with you herts and when I said invest I meant that very loosely
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
Bigdog
April 7, 2019, 9:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It's his only hope along with his often spoken mantra that we're lucky that he's saved us from being a Stockport, York or Darlington. I can't think of anything positive or progressive he's ever said to inspire generations of Town fans over the years, more project fear than project hope. Another mantra is be careful what you wish for that gets trotted out. Again, project fear, there's no hopefulness, no inspiration, nothing for fans to latch onto and set the pulses racing.. and here we are.. yet again.. Groundhog Day.. different manager, same owner..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
HertsGTFC
April 7, 2019, 9:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,906
Gold Stars: 228

Parker obviously in the beginning disagreed with you herts and when I said invest I meant that very loosely

Fair point 😉

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
arryarryarry
April 7, 2019, 1:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 116

Are you saying that that is Fenty's plan?

Just to hope we stay in the League each season?
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Poor touch

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.