April 6, 2019, 7:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from bawarmy

I’m sure he’s still quicker than Collins

My grandma's quicker than Collins....and she died 10 years ago!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 41
The Boys Paddock
April 6, 2019, 7:31pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -964
Is his grandad Bernie by chance?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 41
Marinerz93
April 6, 2019, 7:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
We seem to be going backwards, where is the drive, determination and Grimsby grit. It seems the club has none and we are struggling even to maintain a bottom half of league 2 plodders just doing enough to avoid the drop.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 41
HertsGTFC
April 6, 2019, 8:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Well it was never going to be a fluid performance that clicked considering the personnel missing and that 11 had never started together before.

I don't get that Jolley played a man in front of the back 4 to "get more players further up the pitch, surely 4-3-3 would have been better? I really don't get that he put the ponderous Davis in the role and left a decent passer in Woolley on the bench.  

You can break this game down and analyse it as much as you like but we defended badly when it mattered, possibly because Collins is past it and we never play the same defense twice. We didn't keep possession well and lacked any form of tempo and zip in our passing and movement.

Their first goal represented all of the above with Town having a decent offensive opportunity and turning it into conceding a goal form a break where it was 3 on 2............ 3 Town players and 2 Stevenage! Their 2nd was a complete farce TBH.      

After the 2nd goal the game was over but it would have been nice to see the manager try to make changes rather than the obligatory 70 min like for like change, then again we might be able to get players on earlier if Limbrick didn't insist on talking them through a book full of diagrams first, they're professional footballers FFS and usually crap themselves and avoid with anything on paper unless it's got the Queens head on it of course.  

The side looks like it's on the beach which though annoying is hardly surprising. Do I sign up to the theory of "if you finish a season badly you'll start the next one badly" not really but unless Jolley finds a way for us to take the lead in a game or get back into one after going behind next season will be another struggle.

Spend too long in the basement and you'll fall through the trap door.......... lets face it it's happened before hasn't it?        

UTM!!!

P.S. Interesting that Grayson came on ahead of Ring maybe MJ has seen what we suspect that he's not at a level yet to play in the EFL.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 41
forza ivano
April 6, 2019, 8:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Talking to Harry Clifton’s grandad before the game and he’s playing through an injury.

And how does that impede his ability to play a simple pas, accurately, to a team mate?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 41
promotion plaice
April 6, 2019, 9:55pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

The annoying thing for me today was that the guys in fancy dress managed to escape the ground before me.....I had the last laugh though when I passed them on the bus before they got to the High Street.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 41
HertsGTFC
April 6, 2019, 10:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from promotion plaice

The annoying thing for me today was that the guys in fancy dress managed to escape the ground before me.....I got the last laugh though when I passed them on the bus before they got to the High Street.

I saw the Umpa Lumpas and someone dressed as Mr Wonka but looking at today’s performance there was a lot of “Charlie’s” to choose from to be honest.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 41
headingly_mariner
April 6, 2019, 10:03pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,317
Gold Stars: 113
That was rank. Awful game and shocking performance. The lack of quality and depth in our squad is really starting to tell. We have done well to get ourselves safe with this squad.

We had a bad transfer window, putting all our focus on playing with wingbacks, but not actually signing any wingbacks. Ring is shite and Dennis can’t run or jump.
We are struggling in the formation and Jolley is a right tinkerer.

Also shocking to think we have Wright out on loan, he must be better than most of the attacking players in the squad today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 41
Jarmo.Is.God
April 6, 2019, 10:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Didn't go today, and not been as much as I would like, but with a 3 year old and a 12 week old, other things take priority.

So whilst I can't comment on the performance, I can comment that it doesn't change over night, we still have the same great squad, and same great manager as 3 months ago when on the brink of the play-offs, don't forget that...

All season we have gone on 1 good run, then a bad run, we are consistent, but not in the way we want to be.

But like I've said before, you can't change a properly awful team into a top top league 2 team on 2 Windows, not a chance, sorry if you thought he would.

Also, we won't get promoted next season, sorry to break it to you, if you want success, back this manager

He's giving contracts to young players, he's believing in them, giving them what no other manager since Buckley has done, a chance!!

We still have to many below average players that will be gone in the summer, and some young players that will get better.

Guess what, Sir Buckley signed players that didn't work out for one reason or another, MJ is no different, some signings, extending contracts can be a mistake, but you take them with the good decisions he makes

Believe in him, get off his back, and support the 11 players on the pitch
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 41
arryarryarry
April 7, 2019, 5:21am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from TAGG
Today performance was as bad as I've seen for ages.
The last 25 mins of the 1st half drove me mad, pass back, pass sideways flipping bore off.
There were only two players proud to wear a Town shirt today Hess and Harry C
We are going backward at a rate of knots.
I am a fan of Jolly but its wearing a bit thin at the moment.
I can't wait for the season to finish UTM

I thought our midfield as a whole was cack, that was Clifton's poorest performance for me and I don't know what Hessenthaler did to earn that praise.

I thought our best player by a mile was Vernam.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.