5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
April 6, 2019, 5:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Very, very poor again against another pretty average team. Vernam had a decent first half, no-one else really did much. Collins done for pace for 1st, Macca didn’t come for a floaty cross for 2nd. The highlight was Willy Wonka and the Oompa Lumpas.
Private Message
mariner paul
April 6, 2019, 5:48pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +30
For the first time I left before the end with ten minutes to go just had enough of this total garbage never looked like scoring. Will I be renewing my season ticket I will have to think on that but looking doubtful
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 41
TAGG
April 6, 2019, 6:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
Today performance was as bad as I've seen for ages.
The last 25 mins of the 1st half drove me mad, pass back, pass sideways flipping bore off.
There were only two players proud to wear a Town shirt today Hess and Harry C
We are going backward at a rate of knots.
I am a fan of Jolly but its wearing a bit thin at the moment.
I can't wait for the season to finish UTM

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 41
moosey_club
April 6, 2019, 6:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from mariner paul
For the first time I left before the end with ten minutes to go just had enough of this total garbage never looked like scoring. Will I be renewing my season ticket I will have to think on that but looking doubtful

Well they will be on sale early this year to capture your enthusiasm  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 41
forza ivano
April 6, 2019, 6:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
Thought first half was actually better than what I’d seen last time out at Swindon in an attacking sense. Two poor poor goals given away which knocked the stuffing out of a disjointed team low on confidence. Thought Clifton was v poor , lots of energy but poor passing.hess Hendrix and vernham came out with credit whilst Cardwell won at least 5 headers in the first half which nobody latched onto. Hall Johnson again was v poor imho he’s just not good enough in possession. Wtf was Davis doing in central midfield? A complete disaster whilst Dennis now realised what Thomas has been up against all season. V v worried.it looks dire
Season too far for Collins and whilst there were some nice bits of interplay and their keeper made two excellent saves, far too often we were ponderous and on our heels with far too many players not having a clue as to what their colleagues were either doing or likely to do.
So many problems - lack of confidence, pace and inventiveness for a start. Lack of cohesion and goal scoring threat and now giving away stupid goals makes for a perfect storm
Ps thanks Michael for giving youth a chance.bringing on Martin Woodford to play one up front when we are two down and struggling was a master stroke
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 41
MuddyWaters
April 6, 2019, 6:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from forza ivano
Thought first half was actually better than what I’d seen last time out at Swindon in an attacking sense. Two poor poor goals given away which knocked the stuffing out of a disjointed team low on confidence. Thought Clifton was v poor , lots of energy but poor passing.hess Hendrix and vernham came out with credit whilst Cardwell won at least 5 headers in the first half which nobody latched onto. Hall Johnson again was v poor imho he’s just not good enough in possession. Wtf was Davis doing in central midfield? A complete disaster whilst Dennis now realised what Thomas has been up against all season. V v worried.it looks dire

Talking to Harry Clifton’s grandad before the game and he’s playing through an injury.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 41
Northbank Mariner
April 6, 2019, 6:49pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
No hiding from it, we're lucky there's 3 worse teams than us!!...we are pretty terrible and not showing signs of improvement, still can't hit a cows at&e with a banjo and Macca still just bangs ball up the middle!!..bloody awful and if I'm brutally honest I've lost all faith in the new Messiah Michael Jolley!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 41
moosey_club
April 6, 2019, 6:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Talking to Harry Clifton’s grandad before the game and he’s playing through an injury.

His Grandad is still playing ? Very admirable  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 41
Grimal
April 6, 2019, 7:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from moosey_club

His Grandad is still playing ? Very admirable  

His Grandad is still playing, albeit at a slightly slower pace.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 41
bawarmy
April 6, 2019, 7:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,005
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from Grimal

His Grandad is still playing, albeit at a slightly slower pace.

I’m sure he’s still quicker than Collins
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 41
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.