Jarmo.Is.God
April 4, 2019, 8:53am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47808611

If someone on here, can back Bonucci comments, that Kean is 50% to blame for him being racially abused for 80 mins, then scoring, and simply celebrating by spreading his arms, please explain to me.

The reaction of majority of pundits etc in Italy are incredible, i see no reason how this young lad is to blame!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Abdul19
April 4, 2019, 9:53am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,552
Gold Stars: 215
It's completely ludicrous. If a Cagliari player had come out and said that it would be bad enough, but for his own team mate (a bloke with nearly 100 caps and a shitload of trophies) and manager to make out it was in any way his fault must be sickening for the lad.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
Hagrid
April 4, 2019, 11:29am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,382
Gold Stars: 532
disgusting from Bonucci, shoe in for TOTW
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
jock dock tower
April 4, 2019, 11:42am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
The Italians, like the Russians, and some of the other old Eastern Bloc countries are in complete denial about racism. Hitting them with fines doesn't worry them, the game's awash with cash. It's only when UEFA / FIFA take a stance and start banning the clubs from the prestigious competitions at both club and international level that attitudes will have to change.

In Italy, the Ultras wield heavy influence on their clubs at the executive level so I appreciate there are difficulties in tackling the issue head on, but it has to be done. As an aside, I was at the San Siro for my 65th birthday on Sunday to watch Inter vs Lazio. Although it was an 8.30pm kick off and a 750 mile round trip Lazio brought about 1,000 fans with them. I was enjoying a reasonably priced couple of beers in the fan zone adjacent to the stadium when a coach load of Lazio fans came out of the car park and started giving it the large one, singing and shouting at the top of their voices for Inter fans to f*ck right off. I thought "serious trouble here" and kept a reasonable distance between them and the ground but the Inter fans simply ignored them and carried on drinking making them look complete and utter tw@ts. Lessons to be learned there?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
Jarmo.Is.God
April 4, 2019, 11:58am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
The thing that is confusing me the most, is that a lot of other people over there and blaming him aswell?

I would do more than celebrate with my arms open if I had been racially abused all game.

IMO, the young lad handled it superbly and should be backed by all corners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
Paris Mariner
April 4, 2019, 12:39pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
So are some Town supporters - I have heard racist abuse on more than one occasion this season and seen other reports of abuse from the Town end (from individuals) - yet people in the immediate vicinity don't call out their friends. Many go on to deny hearing anything or having said something in the first place. Until people immediately around those starting the abuse starting telling them they are wrong, explaining why and such the problem will never go away.

We are by no means on the levels seen in Italy or Montenegro lately thankfully, be we need to get our own house in order too.

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 5 - 7
ginnywings
April 4, 2019, 12:49pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
buckstown
April 4, 2019, 1:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,178
Gold Stars: 79
Given that this has been translated from Italian to English it's possible it may have lost some of its meaning.
What I heard him say was "its ok for them to abuse you if you wind them up". What he may have meant was "given they're racially abusing you, why did you go and celebrate in front of them. Stay on the moral high ground."
We should expect senior professionals to condemn racism in all of its forms but they have history in Italy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 50% blame

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.