Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where will we finish next season ?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 341 Guests

Where will we finish next season ?
Automatically promoted
Promoted through the play-offs
Finish just above mid table
Finish just below mid table
Just escape relegation
Relegated
  View Results 111 Votes Total
You must login or register to be allowed to participate in this poll

Where will we finish next season ?

This thread currently has 5,728 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Mrs Doyle
April 1, 2019, 4:25am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from Posh Harry

That’s like saying Leicester won the premiership one season so why can’t Burnley or Southampton win it.

Is it possible to go up on a small budget, yes of course it is, but it is the exception rather than the rule.

Bottom line is 95% of the time the more money, the better the players and the more chance of success. It’s not guaranteed but it’s more likely.

Extreme example. Look at Man City they were just a ordinary side flirting with prem football Big money backers come along and get the best now they are one of the best sides in Europe.

Yes that is the extreme but none the less you want quality and success in football you need money and plenty of it.

Even teams like Bournmouth, always remember a young Eddie Howes strained face giving away that corner at Wembley 98, in extra time since that defeat the difference in out two clubs as been stark to say the least.

They found a owner prepared to speculate to accumulate through careful investment and vision they are no bigger than us but a hell of a lot better and even chose one of their own to be a young manager who is probably one of the best young ENGLISH manager in the country.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 24
HertsGTFC
April 1, 2019, 6:29am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,883
Gold Stars: 227
Lower mid table finish, like everyone on here In reality I haven’t got a clue what our exact budget is but generally in football the bigger spenders do better.  

We will progress but unless we get a player to bang in 20+ goals and a couple of others to get double digit promotion will be unlikely.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 24
Perkins
April 1, 2019, 5:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
I'll reserve judgment until I know who we keep and who we bring in. Lost a bit of interest at the moment TBH.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 24
Heisenberg
April 1, 2019, 6:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,963
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from denni266
The way we are playing at the moment we will be top half of the conferance  

At last, I was starting to think I was the only one who STILL doesn’t think we’re safe!

We need another win. Lincoln went down on something like 48 points, but they had that tally with 8 games left. In other words, we’re not really in any better a position as they were back then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 24
Northbank Mariner
April 1, 2019, 6:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Heisenberg

At last, I was starting to think I was the only one who STILL doesn’t think we’re safe!

We need another win. Lincoln went down on something like 48 points, but they had that tally with 8 games left. In other words, we’re not really in any better a position as they were back then.

You are not on your own, for the last 3 weeks I've been looking down the table rather than up and starting to worry that we're getting slowly sucked back into a position I thought we'd already avoided ...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 24
VinnyGTFC
April 1, 2019, 6:28pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +125
Gold Stars: 20
Not a clue because we don't know what players we will have and other teams. Don't even know who will be in the league so get a life and if it's boring on here find something constructive to do.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 24
April 1, 2019, 6:35pm
Guest User
I'm going for Promotion.
Reply: 16 - 24
chaos33
April 1, 2019, 6:55pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,871
Gold Stars: 353
The vote is a waste of time at this point, based on no relevant information and therefore little more than a measure of your overall balance of optimism/pessimism and experience following Town.

There's no way we will be relegated if you look closely at the table.

We have fallen into a slump of dreadful results and impotency goals-wise. Hard to escape general feelings of disillusionment, and that's clearly reflected in the votes in this poll and is easy to understand and identify with.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
dapperz fun pub
April 2, 2019, 7:39am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,882
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

You are not on your own, for the last 3 weeks I've been looking down the table rather than up and starting to worry that we're getting slowly sucked back into a position I thought we'd already avoided ...

It would need something special for Yeovil and Notts county to overtake us even if we don’t pick up another point
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
Northbank Mariner
April 2, 2019, 8:25am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

It would need something special for Yeovil and Notts county to overtake us even if we don’t pick up another point

But that's it right there....
We are not safe yet, it would only take them to go on a mad run from now until the end of the season, our performances keep plummeting like that have been and it could truly be squeaky bum time!!...
No time for complacency which, imho, is what I think sank in about 4-5 games ago...
Still, I will admit it does appear we should be safe but until mathematically impossible for us to go down I, unlike some of our squad, will not rest on my laurels..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Where will we finish next season ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.